Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

2.6

331 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Velocity Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Recruiter reached me through linkedin. First round was basic phone interview with HR involving details about my resume and previous work ex with few behavioral questions. Then one technical interview on phone all questions from glassdoor.
    Then Called onsite 2 interviews one behavioral and one technical. All the questions from glassdoor. Interview is not difficult just be sensible and communicate confidently.
    No negotiation in salary!

Interview Questions
    They dont negotiate even if u have relative experience of few years

Velocity Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

The interview process and questions have been posted by others so I do not want to write them again. To give advice, I would say you just need to be yourself because it's all about the communication between you and the interviewers (prepare the behavior questions well). Technical questions are easy but make sure you explain the answers to the interviewers clearly (practice make perfect).
    Even though I do not get the offer, but overall it is a very good experience at Cerner considering you have nothing to lose (all the fees are covered). I would recommend new fresh graduates who is looking for a start for their career to try Cerner. The Velocity program (as they presented) is awesome since it is designed to promote your strengths.

Best of luck my college fellas!

Velocity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Applied online through campus recruiting site. Was contacted for an Experience Cerner Day. Stayed the night in a hotel and was given a tour of Kansas City the following morning with about 25 other applicants. This was followed by an overview of the program and two 1 on 1 interview lasting about 30 minutes each. Interview questions were mostly behavioral and not too difficult. Entire process lasted approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Accepted the initial offer given.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Cerner.

There's an initial phone screening interview. This will be followed by a face to face interview. There will be 3 to 4 interviewers in 30-45 minutes increments. They ask behavior based questions to see how the interviewee has handled given situations in the past.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you how you did in a variety of situations in the past (e.g. what have you done when you were on a big project with a tight deadline and came to the realization that it might go overdue.   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

The interview was incredibly laid-back and easy. The entire process only took about 2 weeks. There was an initial phone interview, where at the end I was invited down to Experience Cerner Day for a second round. Flew down the night before and had a great dinner with executives. The interview day consisted of standard presentations, 2 half hour interviews, and an informal Q and A panel. I received a call in 5 days with an offer.

Velocity Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

2 phone interviews followed by 2 onsite interviews

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

Basically they scheduled a phone interview the day after I applied online and then before she hung up with me she scheduled an in person interview at experience cerner day for the following friday. At experience cerner day they go through a powerpoint and basically sell the company to you and then there are two 30 minute interviews back to back.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot about how you currently or have in the past used innovation or technology to solve a problem, they asked that over and over in different ways so have lots of examples.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

Very constructive interview process-- initial recruiter interviewed for one position, but over the course of the interview felt that two other positions would be more challenging and interesting to me. She not only recommended that I apply, she also personally pressed others in the organization to interview me and strongly recommended me for the hire.

The process was very quick once it started-- I had one phone interview, a week later they flew me out and I had two more, and a job offer came the next business day. I was also very pleased that within each of my interviews, the interviewers reflected on my fit with the position while still in the interview. At the time I was seeking another position with another company, and I was completely swayed to Cerner by the visible interest each person took in learning my story and fitting me into the organization.

Interview Questions
    Very simple negotiation. In my initial interview, they asked about salary requirements. I told them I knew how the process works, and that my salary would fall into the range that HR had identified as appropriate for the position, so I was flexible within the range. I gave them a "too low to consider" ballpark. When the offer came in, they offered well above the minimum I had given and didn't try to low-ball me. I accepted their initial offer, as it was within the target range I had identified for myself in advance.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Initially contacted by a recruiter. First went through a fairly generic screening over the phone that went over the position they were calling about, then followed the next day by another from a different recruiter for a different position. I was invited in for an in person interview and we scheduled it for the following week. The interview was just as others have said - three, 30-minute interviews by three different Cerner employees. I heard back within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you weren't able to complete work by a given deadline, and explain what you did   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

I submitted an application online via their website. Three weeks later, I received an email for a phone interview. The questions were standard HR questions like if I was a legal resident. They then asked about education and work experience. They asked one situational based question and by the end of the call, they invited me to fly to KC, MO. They paid for flights, hotel and food. Everything was extremely organized and they kept to the itinerary the entire time. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. The in-person interview consisted of two, back to back, thirty minute interviews. You sat in an office and waited for the Cerner employee to enter. Basic interview questions. The first was behavioral type and the second was situational questions. They are one on one interviews. From there, they say you will hear back from them with an offer or not between 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you were a self-starter.
      Describe what you think a velocity consultant's role is.
        Answer Question
    Didn't need to negotiate. They suggested a salary that was within my range.