Cerner

Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Billing Specialist Interview

Medical Billing Specialist
North Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

Interview Details – Cerner is huge on employee referrals. I applied online and received an email about 2 weeks later from a recruiter. The email stated that they would like to set up a phone interview and to email them back with a date and time that worked best for me.
When they called, I felt that the entire conversation was very laid back. The recruiter started off with a brief history of the company and then informed me about the pay and a brief summary of the position. After that, the recruiter had me give a little background on myself and my history. The questions that were asked were your basic behavioral questions. They will then tell you if they want you to come to WHQ for a face-to-face interview at the conclusion.
About 1 week after my phone interview, I went up to WHQ for an onsite interview. The recruiter was waiting for me at the entrance and walked me up to the 4th floor where all of the interviews are conducted. I then had two separate managers come in to do two 30 minute interviews. Again, your basic behavioral questions were asked. At the end of the interviews, the recruiter came back in to get you and walk you back downstairs. During this time, the recruiter made small talk and told me that if I got the position, I would receive a phone call within 2 weeks.
4 days later, I received a phone call offering me the job with the start date being about 2 weeks away.

Interview Question – All of the questions were your basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations with this position. They make it very clear that it is an entry level position and that this is an opportunity to get your "foot in the door".

Velocity Analyst Interview

Velocity Analyst
Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through campus recruiting site. Was contacted for an Experience Cerner Day. Stayed the night in a hotel and was given a tour of Kansas City the following morning with about 25 other applicants. This was followed by an overview of the program and two 1 on 1 interview lasting about 30 minutes each. Interview questions were mostly behavioral and not too difficult. Entire process lasted approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit at Cerner?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted the initial offer given.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was selected on Campus and had a virtual skype interview. Later I was called for Cerner Experience Day , where there were two one on one interviews.

Interview Question – All questions were from Glassdoor, nothing unexected.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Kansas City, MO

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews. one behavioral one technical. one "cerner day" that was a tour and two hour long technical interviews

Interview Question – asked about data structures and operating systems. complexities, BST of the word "cerner" most are already on glassdoor   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in February 2014.

Interview Details – One recruiter interview, one technical interview, and a Google+ interview. Fairly straightforward.

Interview Question – Explain SAN, NAS, UNIX commands to check the status of your computer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found a job close to home.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Patient Access Representative
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in February 2014.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview, The HR representative is who you speak with after the phone interview. She set me up for a onsite interview where i spoke with 3 Managers. They was very nice and made the process a-lot more smooth and at ease.4 days later i was contacted and offered the position

Interview Question – It was Alot of questions with the last two Managers I really cant remember any questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, I was just excited to have been giving the opportunity to be employed at Cerner Corporation.

Clinical Strategist Interview

Clinical Strategist
Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Cerner in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within a week for an HR phone interview and was then asked to have another phone interview with the manager for the position. I now have a face to face interview tomorrow morning.

Interview Question – Will post after the interview.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached me through linkedin. First round was basic phone interview with HR involving details about my resume and previous work ex with few behavioral questions. Then one technical interview on phone all questions from glassdoor.
Then Called onsite 2 interviews one behavioral and one technical. All the questions from glassdoor. Interview is not difficult just be sensible and communicate confidently.
No negotiation in salary!

Interview Question – Nothing all from Glassdoor   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They dont negotiate even if u have relative experience of few years

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Velocity Delivery Consultant
Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by an interview at headquarters in Kansas City. (Travel and hotel were paid for). Three 1:1 interviews with different managers who read behavioral-based interview questions off of a piece of paper. You get lunch in the cafeteria and a tour of the campus, followed by presentations from recruiting and panel interviews of current employees in various roles.

Interview Question – None- most were pretty standard questions about experiences with good and bad co-workers, how you solve problems, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process and questions have been posted by others so I do not want to write them again. To give advice, I would say you just need to be yourself because it's all about the communication between you and the interviewers (prepare the behavior questions well). Technical questions are easy but make sure you explain the answers to the interviewers clearly (practice make perfect).
Even though I do not get the offer, but overall it is a very good experience at Cerner considering you have nothing to lose (all the fees are covered). I would recommend new fresh graduates who is looking for a start for their career to try Cerner. The Velocity program (as they presented) is awesome since it is designed to promote your strengths.

Best of luck my college fellas!

Interview Question – Lots of behavior questions, many of those are on Glassdoor.   View Answers (4)