Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on Cerners website, received an email from recruiter to schedule phone interview within 48 hours of applying. Received an opportunity to formally interview at WHQ at the conclusion of phone interview. Two weeks after formal interview at WHQ and offer was made. Smooth process and good communication between the recruiter and myself was very beneficial throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given a task with little to no instructions! What was the problem, how did you address it and what was the outcome of that decision?   Answer Question

Solution Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

I received a call for a phone screen around thanksgiving break, the call was about 20 minutes long we just over viewed my resume it was very casual. I was invited for an on campus interview for mid January. Once I got to the Continuous Campus for the interview there were like 8 other people there, they showed us a power point of the company, gave us a tour and fed us lunch. Afterwards we each went upstairs to individual rooms and had couple 1 on 1 45-minute interviews, some had three I had 2. The interviews were basic behavioral questions, and went over my resume. I waited about 2 weeks then I called to follow up, i was told they were behind on hiring for my position and to wait. 2 weeks later I received a call with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped another co-worker? How do you deal with hard customers? How do you deal with pressure? Tell me about a time you lead a project? Why are you interested in the position?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online on their website. I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a interview. A week later, I got the first interview. The first interview was basic HR questions and resume related question. She asked desired salary, work experience, visa status and gpa. A week later, I had a video interview with an engineer. I expected questions from glass door, but it was mainly about advanced and detailed questions about things on my resume. He then explained details of his job and his team. The interviewer was very nice and knowledgeable, but his microphone was not working properly, so it was really hard for me to understand his questions, and whole interview was hard because of that. Overall, it was a great experience.

Cerner Delivery Professional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview, within 3 business days I had heard back from the company and offered an in-person interview at "Experience Cerner Day" By far the best interview process I have ever been involved in.

Interview Questions

• No real out-of-the-blue questions, they want to get to know you not grill you   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

So there's an initial in person/over the phone interview. This is basically a preliminary interview of sorts. This is to ask primarily behavioral based questions. Then they do two technical interviews in KC.

Interview Questions

• Mainly function and object structure. One was create an object that tells a nurse the frequency of medicine that a patient must take.   Answer Question
    • Make an object that holds temperatures of a person and can say whether or not they have a fever.   Answer Question

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

phone screening, technical phone interview, on site visit for the visit, they put you up in a nice hotel, take you on a tour of KC and then spend a day at your building getting interviewed and a tour they were timely in the beginning phases; however my interview in person was not a good experience. the interviewers were pretty awkward to talk to and they never officially got back to me.

Interview Questions

• Building a diagram and writing some code for a system to tell users when to take medication   1 Answer

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a two-day process. Took us on a tour of KC, then had a 3 course meal to talk with recruiters. Very informative and relaxed, but that's where the interview starts, so ask questions. The night was on us, so we went to the Power & Light District for a beer that night. Next day were the interviews. Surprisingly laid back, with 2 interviews that were 30 minutes. Got a small tour of the campus after that and ate some lunch. All in all I had a fun experience. Good company culture.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions (be able to describe the situation, what happened, and what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

This was for an entry level position, so the interview portion was about an hour of a day-long affair. You are with other candidates for all parts of the day except the interviews. You are interviewed by two people, and one of the interviews focuses on behavioral-based questions. The interview questions are standard, and a little prep work in terms of coming up with example situations for interview sample questions would be helpful. Not being able to come up with example situations will definitely hurt you in this interview. You will also have the opportunity to talk to current staff during lunch.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did not agree with your boss or a coworker. How was the situation resolved?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

I initially met with a Cerner recruiter on campus and was contacted 2 weeks later to visit their KC headquarters and participate in the Experience Cerner Day. The company put me up in a Hilton hotel in downtown KC (by power and light district) and provided us with delicious meals. The first day consists of a tour of downtown KC and dinner. The second day you do 2 interviews (30 mins a piece). These interviews are very laid back and conversational. Remember that these are behavioral based interviews, so remember your STAR responses (Situation, Task, Action, Results). Overall a very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. Tell me about a time when you were innovative.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

Basic 30 minute non-technical interview a couple days after a University Career Fair. After the short interview they offered an On-Site interview. They gave the interviewees a tour of KC and of Cerner. The On-Site interviews were technical and non-technical questions lasting about 45 minutes each. They have gone away from using algorithm solving and have strayed more toward custom logical questions like "Implement a system that notifies nurses when a patient is to be administered medicine. There are two types of administration procedures that......."

Interview Questions

• They showed a repository log and asked me to explain what was happening and how it might of happened.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As an intern, there isn't much negotiation. They did offer free summer housing and they compensated for re-location costs.