Cerner

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cerner in February 2014.

Phone interview and technical interview

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions asked that are posted here. Game of Chess and testing related questions.
      My skills set did not match as they do not work much into C++ and C language.

Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in February 2014.

One recruiter interview, one technical interview, and a Google+ interview. Fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • Explain SAN, NAS, UNIX commands to check the status of your computer.   Answer Question

Found a job close to home.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in February 2014.

First there was a phone interview, The HR representative is who you speak with after the phone interview. She set me up for a onsite interview where i spoke with 3 Managers. They was very nice and made the process a-lot more smooth and at ease.4 days later i was contacted and offered the position

Interview Questions
    • It was Alot of questions with the last two Managers I really cant remember any questions.   View Answer
    No, I was just excited to have been giving the opportunity to be employed at Cerner Corporation.

Clinical Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner in February 2014.

I applied online and was contacted within a week for an HR phone interview and was then asked to have another phone interview with the manager for the position. I now have a face to face interview tomorrow morning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Recruiter reached me through linkedin. First round was basic phone interview with HR involving details about my resume and previous work ex with few behavioral questions. Then one technical interview on phone all questions from glassdoor.
    Then Called onsite 2 interviews one behavioral and one technical. All the questions from glassdoor. Interview is not difficult just be sensible and communicate confidently.
    No negotiation in salary!

Interview Questions
    They dont negotiate even if u have relative experience of few years

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

The interview process and questions have been posted by others so I do not want to write them again. To give advice, I would say you just need to be yourself because it's all about the communication between you and the interviewers (prepare the behavior questions well). Technical questions are easy but make sure you explain the answers to the interviewers clearly (practice make perfect).
    Even though I do not get the offer, but overall it is a very good experience at Cerner considering you have nothing to lose (all the fees are covered). I would recommend new fresh graduates who is looking for a start for their career to try Cerner. The Velocity program (as they presented) is awesome since it is designed to promote your strengths.

Best of luck my college fellas!

Velocity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Applied online through campus recruiting site. Was contacted for an Experience Cerner Day. Stayed the night in a hotel and was given a tour of Kansas City the following morning with about 25 other applicants. This was followed by an overview of the program and two 1 on 1 interview lasting about 30 minutes each. Interview questions were mostly behavioral and not too difficult. Entire process lasted approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Accepted the initial offer given.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

There's an initial phone screening interview. This will be followed by a face to face interview. There will be 3 to 4 interviewers in 30-45 minutes increments. They ask behavior based questions to see how the interviewee has handled given situations in the past.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you how you did in a variety of situations in the past (e.g. what have you done when you were on a big project with a tight deadline and came to the realization that it might go overdue.   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

The interview was incredibly laid-back and easy. The entire process only took about 2 weeks. There was an initial phone interview, where at the end I was invited down to Experience Cerner Day for a second round. Flew down the night before and had a great dinner with executives. The interview day consisted of standard presentations, 2 half hour interviews, and an informal Q and A panel. I received a call in 5 days with an offer.

Velocity Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

2 phone interviews followed by 2 onsite interviews