Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

2.6

330 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Clinical Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Cerner in February 2014.

I applied online and was contacted within a week for an HR phone interview and was then asked to have another phone interview with the manager for the position. I now have a face to face interview tomorrow morning.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Recruiter reached me through linkedin. First round was basic phone interview with HR involving details about my resume and previous work ex with few behavioral questions. Then one technical interview on phone all questions from glassdoor.
    Then Called onsite 2 interviews one behavioral and one technical. All the questions from glassdoor. Interview is not difficult just be sensible and communicate confidently.
    No negotiation in salary!

Interview Questions
    They dont negotiate even if u have relative experience of few years

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by an interview at headquarters in Kansas City. (Travel and hotel were paid for). Three 1:1 interviews with different managers who read behavioral-based interview questions off of a piece of paper. You get lunch in the cafeteria and a tour of the campus, followed by presentations from recruiting and panel interviews of current employees in various roles.

Interview Questions
    • None- most were pretty standard questions about experiences with good and bad co-workers, how you solve problems, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

The interview process and questions have been posted by others so I do not want to write them again. To give advice, I would say you just need to be yourself because it's all about the communication between you and the interviewers (prepare the behavior questions well). Technical questions are easy but make sure you explain the answers to the interviewers clearly (practice make perfect).
    Even though I do not get the offer, but overall it is a very good experience at Cerner considering you have nothing to lose (all the fees are covered). I would recommend new fresh graduates who is looking for a start for their career to try Cerner. The Velocity program (as they presented) is awesome since it is designed to promote your strengths.

Best of luck my college fellas!

Velocity Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

2 phone interviews followed by 2 onsite interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

They had a reception and info session in the morning followed by two back to back 30 min interviews. Each interviewer had the same list of questions to ask, nothing too out of the norm.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. I felt one interviewer wanted to know more about me personally rather than what was exactly on the sheet   Answer Question

I was not confident i wanted to work there and I was not overly thrilled with the salary offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in November 2013.

The interview process was pretty simple. Applied online, got a call within a week. Asked for a telephone interview. Within the same day got a mail for onsite interview.There were 2 back to back interviews. One was behavioral and the other was technical.It was pretty easy. Nothing hard.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult . All questions appear on the glassdoor. 1 or two may be asked from outside which are pretty simple   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

The interview was incredibly laid-back and easy. The entire process only took about 2 weeks. There was an initial phone interview, where at the end I was invited down to Experience Cerner Day for a second round. Flew down the night before and had a great dinner with executives. The interview day consisted of standard presentations, 2 half hour interviews, and an informal Q and A panel. I received a call in 5 days with an offer.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Cerner.

There's an initial phone screening interview. This will be followed by a face to face interview. There will be 3 to 4 interviewers in 30-45 minutes increments. They ask behavior based questions to see how the interviewee has handled given situations in the past.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask you how you did in a variety of situations in the past (e.g. what have you done when you were on a big project with a tight deadline and came to the realization that it might go overdue.   Answer Question

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cerner in November 2013.

Contacted by Recruiter after submitting application online and at campus career fair. Phone interview consisted of about 3-4 behavioral questions and conversation. The phone interview was thirty minutes and at the end of it, I was told that I would be invited to an Experience Cerner Day (ECD) at the World Headquarters in Kansas City, MO. These happen on Fridays during the fall and spring recruiting season. I flew out on a Thursday and had a tour of Kansas City with a group of about 25 other candidates. There then was a dinner with a current employee. After dinner, the consultants stay and talk with the recruiters about the applicants. I would advise just to be yourself at the dinner and talk freely with others. The next morning we were taken on a shuttle from the hotel to Cerner's HQ. There was a brief overview of the company followed by two forty-five minute interviews with current Cerner employees. Honestly, some of the employees did not even know that they were interviewing candidates that day. They had my resume in hand but I could tell that they had not read it over and that they were not really comfortable interviewing people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a conflict with someone who didn't see your way of thinking.   Answer Question

The Cerner offer is great, but I had received much higher offers from other companies. The amenities at Cerner are great, but I feel that they can compensate their employees more.