Cerner

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in November 2011.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews two easy and one difficult interviewers. They will ask relevant questions and then rate you on a 5 point scale.

Interview Question – What situation have you been in that you failed? How did you deal with it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Take it or good luck!

Kansas City, MO

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2012.

Interview Details – In the beginning, Cerner was professional about the interview process. However, as the hiring process dragged on Cerner was EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL in the manner they handled potential employees there. The recruiter followed up consistently early on in the interview and then barely communicated at all in later stages. I also noticed several other "red flags" in the organization. This was very surprising given that I was referred to Cerner by a good friend of mine, which is how I secured the interview. After meeting several employees later outside of Cerner, I learned that the organization is good to start your career but after 2 years, get out and go somewhere else. If you have experience designing and delivering training programs, then this is NOT the organization for you. They're looking for new talent and want to ingrain you in their ways and methods. Political games could easily be sensed during the interview. I've been on a handful of interviews (approx 6) and Cerner was definitely the most unprofessional. I recommend to steer away.

Interview Questions

Learning Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had three waves of interviews, each about 45 minutes long. Two were panel interviews, one was 1 on 1. The questions all seemed pretty standard, and they became pretty repetitive by the third interview. The personalities of the various interviewers varied widely, making it difficult to acclimate each round.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!