Cerner Learning Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

It moved fairly quickly. I applied online, received an email from a recruiter within days, then had a phone interview and an in-person interview in Kansas City. Cerner covered my travel and hotel expenses.

They use behaviorally-based interview questions in which they want to know who was involved, what the situation was, and your actions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in August 2013.

Interview

As a remote associate who was referred by a current employee, all of my interviews were conducted over the phone. There was the initial interview with the hiring manager, followed by three seperate interviews with the Executive Stakeholders. Since I had extensive industry experience, the interviews were more geared toward uncovering my interpersonal skills. Questions like, "Name a time where you had to solve a big problem at work, and how did you handle it", and "Give me an example of a time when you had a challenging stakeholder that you had to manage and how you overcame the situation" were common theme.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that will contribute to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

In the beginning, Cerner was professional about the interview process. However, as the hiring process dragged on Cerner was EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL in the manner they handled potential employees there. The recruiter followed up consistently early on in the interview and then barely communicated at all in later stages. I also noticed several other "red flags" in the organization. This was very surprising given that I was referred to Cerner by a good friend of mine, which is how I secured the interview. After meeting several employees later outside of Cerner, I learned that the organization is good to start your career but after 2 years, get out and go somewhere else. If you have experience designing and delivering training programs, then this is NOT the organization for you. They're looking for new talent and want to ingrain you in their ways and methods. Political games could easily be sensed during the interview. I've been on a handful of interviews (approx 6) and Cerner was definitely the most unprofessional. I recommend to steer away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

There were 3 interviews two easy and one difficult interviewers. They will ask relevant questions and then rate you on a 5 point scale.

Interview Questions

• What situation have you been in that you failed? How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or good luck!

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in March 2012.

Interview

I had three waves of interviews, each about 45 minutes long. Two were panel interviews, one was 1 on 1. The questions all seemed pretty standard, and they became pretty repetitive by the third interview. The personalities of the various interviewers varied widely, making it difficult to acclimate each round.