Cerner Interview Questions in North Kansas City, MO

Updated May 14, 2015

2.4

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Face to face conversation, everyone was very personable. Described job responsibilities at high level. Reviewed qualifications and why you'd be a good fit for the role being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• STAR Format
      Tell me about a time when type questions.

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on Cerners website, received an email from recruiter to schedule phone interview within 48 hours of applying. Received an opportunity to formally interview at WHQ at the conclusion of phone interview. Two weeks after formal interview at WHQ and offer was made. Smooth process and good communication between the recruiter and myself was very beneficial throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given a task with little to no instructions! What was the problem, how did you address it and what was the outcome of that decision?   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a senior recruiter for the Solution Architect position after I had previously applied for a position with Cerner. After being contacted by this recruiter, I went through the first-level application on the Cerner website. I was then provided a phone interview within 5 business days with the senior recruiter to discuss the basics of the job. After completion of the initial phone interview, I received an e-mail about 3 business days after the phone interview from another member of the HR team at Cerner to schedule my on-site interview. I was scheduled to meet with three individuals (2 Directors and 1 Manger) and was told the process would take about 2 hours and 15 minutes.

The first person I met with shared the basics regarding travel, expected knowledge level, desired knowledge/skills/abilities, and some info about the team I will be working with. She also shared her experience of "a day in the life" of a Solution Architect and her general experience at Cerner.

The second person I met with shared a few more technical aspects of the position and he also shared his experience of "a day in the life" of a Solution Architect and his general experience at Cerner.

The third person was more cut and dry, sticking primarily to interview questions, etc. She did, however, provide her experience of "a day in the life" of Solution Architect and her general experience at Cerner.

ALL three of these individuals had several behavioral or situational questions which seemed like standard interview questions to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided an innovative solution to a problem, but had to troubleshoot or provide damage control for other issues discovered after implementing your solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have received an informal offer, but have not yet received the formal offer of employment.

Medical Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

Cerner is huge on employee referrals. I applied online and received an email about 2 weeks later from a recruiter. The email stated that they would like to set up a phone interview and to email them back with a date and time that worked best for me.
    When they called, I felt that the entire conversation was very laid back. The recruiter started off with a brief history of the company and then informed me about the pay and a brief summary of the position. After that, the recruiter had me give a little background on myself and my history. The questions that were asked were your basic behavioral questions. They will then tell you if they want you to come to WHQ for a face-to-face interview at the conclusion.
    About 1 week after my phone interview, I went up to WHQ for an onsite interview. The recruiter was waiting for me at the entrance and walked me up to the 4th floor where all of the interviews are conducted. I then had two separate managers come in to do two 30 minute interviews. Again, your basic behavioral questions were asked. At the end of the interviews, the recruiter came back in to get you and walk you back downstairs. During this time, the recruiter made small talk and told me that if I got the position, I would receive a phone call within 2 weeks.
    4 days later, I received a phone call offering me the job with the start date being about 2 weeks away.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were your basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations with this position. They make it very clear that it is an entry level position and that this is an opportunity to get your "foot in the door".

Velocity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

Based on behavioral interview questions - STAR method!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to use data/research to solve a problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Tech Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO).

Interview

3 30 minute interviews about behavior questions

Interview Questions

• What's a situation that you were challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO).

Interview

After a standard and pleasant phone screening, the recruiter arranged time to visit on-site at the corporate headquarters in North Kansas City.

It included a test and an interview with the hiring manager. The entire process was well-structured from start to finish.

But it takes lots of time for decisions to get made at Cerner; don't anticipate a quick hire.

Interview Questions

• There was a small handful of behavioral questions, but nothing too challenging.   1 Answer

A more intriguing offer came along.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

A friend of mine who work there, informed me about a referral social they were having were you go and get a chance to mingle with HR Recruiters, and Cerner Associates. I went to that and talked one-on-one with a recruiter, which was good! After about 2 weeks the same person I spoke with gave me a call to set up an Interview. Went in with confidence and nailed the intereview, and in about a week I was giving the call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to produce results without specific guidlines or information?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to use technical skills to solve a problem. How did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, very generous offer!!

Applications Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter very quickly, within the week. This surprised me because I had applied online before and never heard back, but I know they are adding a significant number of jobs this year. I also think my improved cover letter made a big difference, because I changed the way I presented several things to make them seem more relevant to the job. I set up a phone interview via email with the recruiter, who was very nice. The interview was short and easy. She asked me a few questions about my resume, asked me one behavioral question about working as part of a team, told me more about the job, and then went ahead and scheduled me for the second round of interviews.

The interview day lasted from 9am to 2pm and included lunch in their cafeteria, which was really nice. I was in a group of about 30 people, and there were several informational sessions and two in-person interviews each. The first interview was pretty straightforward. The interviewer asked me behavioral questions and wanted specific examples, such as when I had to teach someone how to use some kind of technology and when I had worked as part of a group. The second interviewer was much more informal and asked me a few questions from the interview papers but mostly just talked to me about my resume.

I received a call from my recruiter a week and a half later with an offer to work there at a salary of $42 thousand per year, and I accepted. I was required to take a drug test and submit to a background check prior to my start date.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you taught someone how to use something involving technology. What was it, how did you teach them, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone Interview: 20 mins, discussed resume, 2 situational questions, overview of position.
    "Experience Cerner Day": Dinner the night before (Cerner associate for every 5 people - very helpful to pick their brain about the position and Cerner in general)
    Interviews: Two 30 min interview. Very situational based questions. Relaxed day after that a lot of cool info about Cerner the positions. (lunch, tour, speakers)

Interview Questions

• They sometimes throw one in that is 3-4 questions put together that would be hard to actually have a situation that applies. Basically, seeing your train of thought and how you work through difficult scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had an awesome recruiter who was very helpful and timely with her responses to questions. My interview was on a Friday and I had my offer by the following Wednesday morning!