Cerner Professional Services Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2014

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

I applied online and also referral from a friend who currently works at Cerner for the delivery consultant/ professional services consultant position. I received and email to set up a phone interview within five days of applying.

The phone interview was the following week with my recruiter. My recruiter was very friendly and informative. The interview was mostly HR related questions with two fairly easy behavioral questions. After she finished with all her questions she gave me about five minutes to ask anything I had questions about. At the end of the phone interview she offered me a second interview either over Skype the following week or to wait awhile to fly out to Experience Cerner Day. I chose to move the process along quicker and interview through Skype.

The Skype interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews with two different employees. The interviewers were both laid back and very friendly and informative. The interview consisted of one question telling a little about you and around 10 behavioral STAR questions that were average difficulty (most of the questions were glassdoor questions that are posted). At the end they gave me about ten minutes to ask anything I had questions or concerns about and notified me that I would be hearing back in about a week or two.

After five business days I received an offer with what I thought was a fair salary and a generous relocation package. I had seven business days to either accept or decline the offer letter.

After accepting the offer letter there was a background check and a drug test within 3 days of accepting the offer.

The overall interview and hiring process was very pleasant and smooth.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a project that you encountered that you were give little to no direction/help.   Answer Question
The offer was higher then what I expected so I did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Applied online after speaking with a recruiter at a career fair. Was contacted shortly after about attending experience cerner day. Flew to Kansas City 2 weeks later, had a tour of the city as well as a dinner with the ability to ask questions of someone currently in the position. Toured the campus the next day and received lunch and heard presentations about the training and culture. Two 30 minute interviews with team managers to review experience and answer behavioral questions. Very laid back and easy. Heard back one week later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to adjust your schedule to help a peer with a problem   Answer Question

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cerner.

Initial Phone Screen
    2 30 min experience interviews (behavioural/resume stuff)

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Initial phone interview, two day cerner experience two face to face interviews tour of city nice exclusive dinner nice hotel

Interview Questions

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!