Cerner

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

I applied to Cerner through their campus recruiting. A week or so after talking with them on campus and submitting my resume/application, I received an email for an initial phone screening. The phone screening consisted of the basics about Cerner, as well as a behavioral question or two that were very easy. After this, I was emailed with an offer to the Experience Cerner day. We were put up in a nice hotel and had a tour/dinner provided by Cerner. On Cerner day, I interviewed with two employees. They were two 30-minute interviews, and they were strictly behavioral/ "Do you like the KC area." It was a pleasant experience.
     After two weeks, I began to get antsy and emailed my recruiter about my interview results. Two days later, I received an offer of employment with Cerner, which I plan to accept.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where you had to work with a group to complete a project/job on time. What was it like working with others? Did you have any obstacles to overcome?   Answer Question
I did not negotiate, as the offer and relocation package were more than I expected.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The interview was a two-day process. Took us on a tour of KC, then had a 3 course meal to talk with recruiters. Very informative and relaxed, but that's where the interview starts, so ask questions. The night was on us, so we went to the Power & Light District for a beer that night. Next day were the interviews. Surprisingly laid back, with 2 interviews that were 30 minutes. Got a small tour of the campus after that and ate some lunch. All in all I had a fun experience. Good company culture.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral questions (be able to describe the situation, what happened, and what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

Sent Cerner my resume through an online campus website. There was a preselection process. I was selected to have a phone interview with a recruiter. Phone interview went well - what do you know about cerner, why do you want to work for cerner, what are you doing at your current job, really resume based.

Was selected for a person interview with 2 recruiters. One recruiter for 30 minutes each. Very behavioral questions

Interviewed Thursday and got an offer the following Monday!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you taught someone a technical skill, name a time you thought outside the box   Answer Question

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

I applied online and also referral from a friend who currently works at Cerner for the delivery consultant/ professional services consultant position. I received and email to set up a phone interview within five days of applying.

The phone interview was the following week with my recruiter. My recruiter was very friendly and informative. The interview was mostly HR related questions with two fairly easy behavioral questions. After she finished with all her questions she gave me about five minutes to ask anything I had questions about. At the end of the phone interview she offered me a second interview either over Skype the following week or to wait awhile to fly out to Experience Cerner Day. I chose to move the process along quicker and interview through Skype.

The Skype interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews with two different employees. The interviewers were both laid back and very friendly and informative. The interview consisted of one question telling a little about you and around 10 behavioral STAR questions that were average difficulty (most of the questions were glassdoor questions that are posted). At the end they gave me about ten minutes to ask anything I had questions or concerns about and notified me that I would be hearing back in about a week or two.

After five business days I received an offer with what I thought was a fair salary and a generous relocation package. I had seven business days to either accept or decline the offer letter.

After accepting the offer letter there was a background check and a drug test within 3 days of accepting the offer.

The overall interview and hiring process was very pleasant and smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a project that you encountered that you were give little to no direction/help.   Answer Question
    The offer was higher then what I expected so I did not negotiate.

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied online after speaking with a recruiter at a career fair. Was contacted shortly after about attending experience cerner day. Flew to Kansas City 2 weeks later, had a tour of the city as well as a dinner with the ability to ask questions of someone currently in the position. Toured the campus the next day and received lunch and heard presentations about the training and culture. Two 30 minute interviews with team managers to review experience and answer behavioral questions. Very laid back and easy. Heard back one week later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to adjust your schedule to help a peer with a problem   Answer Question

Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner.

Initial Phone Screen
    2 30 min experience interviews (behavioural/resume stuff)

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Initial phone interview, two day cerner experience two face to face interviews tour of city nice exclusive dinner nice hotel