Cerner

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – Had to talk to three architects.

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – Three interviewers, 45 min each. The questions are mentioned and answered by others.
1. Output of a recursive function
2. Adding numbers from a list to binary search tree, how do you balance it
3. Simple programs - write the algorithms (very easy ;))
4. Board games ( test simple object oriented concepts).

Most of the interviewers look for how you present and engage them. They were patient and great to talk. I really liked the company but Kansas City is not the place for me.. Got the offer, but have two offers ( have made up my mind to pick one of them ).

Reason for Declining – Location is not my kind

Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in February 2012.

Interview Details – Senior recruiter called me 2 weeks before the interview and talked to me in general about the company and the job. Asked few behavioral questions as well. Then a face to face interview was scheduled at the company. It was completely behavioral type of interview. 3 different persons interviewed me for approx 30 mins each. Prepare well with the regular behavioral qns. You can easily get through the answers if you recap your career working on different projects on the day before.

I know i have cleared it and am now waiting for the offer. But got 2-3 other offers in hand as well so that I can select the best among these.

Interview Question – How do you go about finding the root cause of any issue ?   Answer Question

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!