Cerner Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They seemed to be confused on what they should ask. Looks like they are caught up in old school college grad questions without any reasonable link to what is needed for the actual job.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Had to talk to three architects.

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Three interviewers, 45 min each. The questions are mentioned and answered by others.
    1. Output of a recursive function
    2. Adding numbers from a list to binary search tree, how do you balance it
    3. Simple programs - write the algorithms (very easy ;))
    4. Board games ( test simple object oriented concepts).

Most of the interviewers look for how you present and engage them. They were patient and great to talk. I really liked the company but Kansas City is not the place for me.. Got the offer, but have two offers ( have made up my mind to pick one of them ).

Location is not my kind

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

Senior recruiter called me 2 weeks before the interview and talked to me in general about the company and the job. Asked few behavioral questions as well. Then a face to face interview was scheduled at the company. It was completely behavioral type of interview. 3 different persons interviewed me for approx 30 mins each. Prepare well with the regular behavioral qns. You can easily get through the answers if you recap your career working on different projects on the day before.

I know i have cleared it and am now waiting for the offer. But got 2-3 other offers in hand as well so that I can select the best among these.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about finding the root cause of any issue ?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

2 rounds of technical interview. 1 HR
    Supposedly the 2 technical rounds are to weed out inconsistencies. Have see interviewers collude to get in people they want. But you are good you will most probably get through.
    Generally no coding questions are asked but theoretical technical questions are asked or scenario based questions

Negotiation

The salary range depends on the experience/ role. So make sure you fit into the bracket and they will accept.