Cerner

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Simple over the phone interview and then was flown out to the headquarters. Interviewed by 3 different managers and asked simple questions.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing particularly difficult or technical asked. Mainly behavioral.   Answer Question
No negotiation phase - I asked for a salary and they offered a different (lower one), and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in April 2013.

(Random note: This position was previously called "Technical Support Analyst", but they have recently changed the name to "more accurately reflect" the job.)

I applied back in late January, and didn't get a response back from the HR department until mid-April. Despite the initial slowness, they moved pretty quick once they finally contacted me. They set up a phone interview for a few days later.

The phone interview was about half an hour, mostly confirming information on my resume, asking about how much, if any, I'd be willing to travel, and a couple STAR behavioral type questions. After that, my interviewer kind of gave a rundown of the job and the next step in the interview process. Which was an on-site interview day.

The interview day was pretty much three back-to-back interviews that lasted around 40 minutes each. All three interviewers had a big bulky package full of the STAR behavioral type questions, full of only-slightly different questions.

Each of my 3 interviews were very different. One interviewer went bullet point by bullet point in her packet and expected me to answer each one, even though half of them seemed to ask the same question but reworded, and it felt very formal. Another asked about half the questions, skipping the ones that seemed too similar, and the rest of the 40 minutes was spent talking about various projects, classes I had taken, etc, and it was very conversational.

And the last one flipped through the whole packet and only asked me one question from the packet because she deemed the rest of them were "silly" and the rest of the time was spent talking about the company as a whole, the job I was interviewing for, asking about my academic history and such, and was very informal.

Took them about 2 weeks to get back in contact with a job offer after the interview day. After that they signed me up for a background check and a drug screening, standard stuff.

The interview day for this position was almost exclusively STAR behavioral questions. So make sure you are prepared to answer a LOT of those types of questions. I got the feeling that except for my first interviewer, they were more interested in trying to get a feel for me more than anything.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time when you received a negative review or grade on a project that you believe was unfair.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you weren't given enough time to complete your work or project before a deadline. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you had to do a lot of research outside of work or class to complete a project.   Answer Question
    I was applying for an entry level spot, so there wasn't much of a negotiation