Cerner Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me and ask basic resume related things and asked when I would be available for on site interview and I chose a week after. They paid everything including air fare, motel stay and my ground transposition. The interview process was really good. No pressure and all the interviewers were experienced(I was interviewed by 3 persons, each lasted for an hour). All the questions you will find here, nothing new. They put lot of weighted on behavioral questions(as per my experience at least). They contacted within 2 weeks of my interview and was told that I was not selected. Over all process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• - How do u approach a bug
    - One was create an object that tells a nurse the frequency of medicine that a patient must take.
    - Make an object that holds temperatures of a person and can say whether or not they have a fever.
    - And some other which I do not recall
    - Lots of behavioral questions.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews. one behavioral one technical. one "cerner day" that was a tour and two hour long technical interviews

Interview Questions

• asked about data structures and operating systems. complexities, BST of the word "cerner" most are already on glassdoor   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

1 Interview: HR called basic question over resume and went over velocity program
    2 Interview: Technical Interview.

3 Onsite Interview:

Oops concepts, Databases, recursion concept

Negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

two phone calls and 2 onsite interview

Software Developer Interview

Interview

3 rounds technical and 1 hr..It was project specific and team members will take interview but the first one to take will be the manager and then if he is fine the other members take it

Software Developer Interview

Interview

hiring process was quit easy, they asked how to implement chess game using oops concept along with basic oops questions like polymorphism, abstraction, inheritance etc.. there were only 2 rounds 1 technical and 1 HR. all process went smoothly

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

2 rounds of hard core technical with solution architect level personnel and then one round of interview with manager finally video conference round with US personnel.

Interview Questions

• Lot of questions on memory management   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner in July 2011.

Interview

Got a phone call from the HR person after they liked my resume posted on dice. After a brief conversation initially, another phone call was scheduled for the next day for a short technical interview after which I was brought on site for a personal interview. i was interviewed by 3 different software engineers from 3 different teams. Most of the questions were about basic java concepts and about my previous projects on resume. Thought I did really well but did not receive an offer.