Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview

The interview process is well organized and swift. My hiring recruiter was very helpful and responded quickly to emails. The interview questions are not out-of-this-world difficult. If you do well in school and are a competent computer scientist, you will be able to give good answers. They will look for your skills and interests so they can figure out which team at Cerner (if any) you belong to.

Interview Questions

• Design a class to hold data about something medical related, like an allergy or medicine. Answer a few behavioral questions involving group work.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter, she inquired about all my details, followed by some basic HR questions . Then an online interview was scheduled for an hour. Waiting for the next rounds!

Interview Questions

• You have 5 things to be done. Which one do you do first? Create a class that has info about some disease, and can be updated easily, how you would record the time of the disease report ? And few other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

For me, there were only 2 rounds.First interview was HR round, which was straightforward with some personality questions and questions on my resume and GPA, college specialization, interests, final year project and skill set interested in etc., They are looking for confidence.

Interview Questions

• The HR interview was very cool with some questions on resume, academic project, GPA and skill set we are competent in.they look for confidence. It took about a week for the final round face to face in KS.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a call from the HR and then a Skype call (HireView) with a Technical Lead where he tested my analytical skills along with a problem solving question for class Allergy

Interview Questions

• How will you go about solving a high-end problem?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter a couple days after applying through their website. Recruiter called a few days later for a screening and offered me another 1 on 1 interview using a Web Applet.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR to schedule the interview process. First was virtual Interview where they ask to design the Allergy class which can be reported by person with and without allery Next they ask to design the Person class to find any person in. Next 2 were onside interview bunch of behavioural question. One race condition question, design temperature class. design a class to report the the time at which medicine needs to be taken considering the date class.

Interview Questions

• Design Allery Class. Design Temperature Class Design Person Class   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through cerner career website, I was scheduled a telephone interview one week after I received an e-mail from Cerner Recruiter. The interview was great.The interview process was very smooth. First, a basic interview with the HR.Waiting for the second round.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me and asked for availability. Initial phone screening - background and some standard questions. Followed by onsite interview - 3 rounds. Mostly design based and resume based questions. Got offer within 2 days of onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Design based questions that you can find in glass-door. Questions related to projects in resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in May 2015.

Interview

First, I had a 30 minute telephone interview with the recruiter which mainly focused on my resume. A week later, I had an hour-long interview via a webcam with a software engineer in Kansas City. I was asked again about my background, some behavioral questions (strengths, weaknesses, etc.), and I was asked to write some general code based on 2 problems. A few days later, I interviewed in person at Cerner. I had to whiteboard a few coding questions and was asked many of the same general questions as in the previous interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you know what your strengths and weaknesses are?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner in April 2015.

Interview

Got response in ONE week and schedule a HR interview. Last for 50 minutes. The interview let you describe you current job, describe yourself and your current employment authorization status. They asked a lot about how you did testing in your job because 80% of their codes are used for testing. I think it would be nice if you have similar experience. The recruiter is nice, patient and very willing to answer questions. Ask everything you want to know about the company and position.