Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.6

118 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Started with a phone-interview. Basic behavioral questions regarding goals and past experiences. Second interview was also by phone. Consisted of talking 1 on 1 with an engineer. Second interview had more technical questions compared to the first interview. The technical questions were pretty simple and should be information that most freshman in CS should know.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cerner in August 2014.

Was a general telephonic HR interview.Waiting for next round.Faced number of questions regarding previous job experience,Agile methodologies, knowledge of testing, what do I do in free time,able to relocate or not?Domain of expertise

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Applied through Employee Referral. Process took two weeks. First round was a HR round and then got scheduled for a three hour Skype Interview with three teams. I was allowed to choose between Skype or Onsite Interview and i chose Skype. All the questions are posted here. Lots of behavioral questions. Questions on Resume. Waiting for an Answer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you trouble shooter and failed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cerner.

Initial HR call: Within a week from application.
    Usual resume-related questions. Rate yourself in each known language, best project etc.
    Technical Phone call: Immediate week of the HR call
    Theory question related to databases; how to improve access speed, one technical data structure related question, design a structure for game of chess, questions related to debugging.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Recruited from a campus career fair.

The Skype interview consisted of two parts: typical personality questionnaire and a technical portion.

"Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with your boss."
    "Tell me about a project you worked on that you're proud of."
    "Can you explain what a garbage collector is?"
    "Tell me how you would create a program for a simple game, like chess or checkers in an OOL."

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

Easy and very organized interview process. Standard questions from glassdoor like prepare BST with duplicates for "CERNER", write a program to find max number read input from user and return max number. ACID properties. Given a program and asked to find what exceptions will occur in this.

Interview Questions

Not the exact profile I was looking for and salary non negotiable.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

On campus interview scheduled after a career fair, got an email to appear for an interview. Very fast process..still waiting on the feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't expect technical questions because it was noted by the recruiter or maybe i didn't do my home work but overall, it was a first ever job interview for a future career in software engineering and this has opened my eyes. Gotta get back to learning....   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in July 2013.

Fake promises

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in June 2013.

Tech questions: chess design,test cases,foo..etc (same from other reviews)

Initial phone call, trip to Kansas! Not any different from other reviews. It all depends on how you answer behavioral questions. Do your best in interview and hope for the best! Even if it goes great, just don't be so sure about it and keep looking for other jobs!!
    I think they prefer fresh graduates over someone with 1-2years of experience!
    They will let know within one week even if you're not selected. It was a good experience for me, I would recommend going for the interview.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!