Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

The interview process is well organized and swift. My hiring recruiter was very helpful and responded quickly to emails. The interview questions are not out-of-this-world difficult. If you do well in school and are a competent computer scientist, you will be able to give good answers. They will look for your skills and interests so they can figure out which team at Cerner (if any) you belong to.

Interview Questions

• Design a class to hold data about something medical related, like an allergy or medicine. Answer a few behavioral questions involving group work.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (New York, NY).

Interview

The whole process took about one month, from initial phone call to offer letter. Frankly speaking the interview standard is pretty basic and if you are a CS student, consider yourself selected. They haven't changed the type of questions asked during interview, follow previous interviews and you should be good to go. The whole process was smooth enough but there was one thing i disliked about Cerner. In my first interview i was promised a relocation amount of something but when i got the offer they changed it and refused to go back to original promised amount which is 60% less than original. After you get the offer letter ask as many questions as you have before signing it, they try to close the deal without specifying about the sign on bonus. On and all pretty easy interview. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• 1. Design patient class. 2. Design temperature class. 3. Basic questions on sql.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

brief phone interview, onsite interview with facility tour, brief overvieww of company, interactive q an a with current employees, tour of kansas city. they were great about providing compensation for travel and provided a hotel stay.

Interview Questions

• how does a binary search work   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter, she inquired about all my details, followed by some basic HR questions . Then an online interview was scheduled for an hour. Waiting for the next rounds!

Interview Questions

• You have 5 things to be done. Which one do you do first? Create a class that has info about some disease, and can be updated easily, how you would record the time of the disease report ? And few other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

For me, there were only 2 rounds.First interview was HR round, which was straightforward with some personality questions and questions on my resume and GPA, college specialization, interests, final year project and skill set interested in etc., They are looking for confidence.

Interview Questions

• The HR interview was very cool with some questions on resume, academic project, GPA and skill set we are competent in.they look for confidence. It took about a week for the final round face to face in KS.   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying online for an open entry level position in the company, a recruiter from the company emailed me. We scheduled a time to talk and I was mostly asked about my resume, project experiences, school work, and programming ability. The recruiter then put me into the first round of interviews with a software engineer. It was over HireVue, and I was asked questions about work I have done in school, what languages I most comfortable with, and a couple coding questions. I passed that interview, and now I am going into the final round of interviews with the company. I will update my experience once that is done.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite/most used data structure and why? How would you design a "Person" class? Imagine you are trying to record all of the information a patient would have to at a clinic or hospital.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter. Asked if I wanted to setup an interview. First one was about my background; nothing technical. The second was a little more about my background and some technical questions. During the interview though they did not have a strong wifi connection and I could not hear most of what they were saying.

Interview Questions

• Create a class for a patient. Include different ways to store their information.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a call from the HR and then a Skype call (HireView) with a Technical Lead where he tested my analytical skills along with a problem solving question for class Allergy

Interview Questions

• How will you go about solving a high-end problem?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter a couple days after applying through their website. Recruiter called a few days later for a screening and offered me another 1 on 1 interview using a Web Applet.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR to schedule the interview process. First was virtual Interview where they ask to design the Allergy class which can be reported by person with and without allery Next they ask to design the Person class to find any person in. Next 2 were onside interview bunch of behavioural question. One race condition question, design temperature class. design a class to report the the time at which medicine needs to be taken considering the date class.

Interview Questions

• Design Allery Class. Design Temperature Class Design Person Class   Answer Question