Cerner

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.6

128 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

First round was a basic HR phone interview. Basic questions off your resume. Was told the next round would be technical and require you to answer health-related coding questions in whichever language you are most comfortable with. This was done online using HireVue, but interviewer lost connection about halfway through, didn't get to any coding questions (although tried to get me to walk through a language I was fairly weak at before losing connection a little into it) and most questions were behavioral and based off the resume. Just finished today so haven't heard back yet.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

I applied online, got call from HR with basic behavioral questions, questions about resume experience, then follow-up skype interview that was technical, lasted about an hour. Waiting to hear back, and not sure if there are more rounds to come

Interview Questions
    • Basic OOPs stuff - create a class that has info about some disease, and can be updated easily, how would you record the time of the disease report   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

A mix between behavioral questions and your experience with different languages. They asked questions that ranged from "Describe a time where you had to tell someone they were doing something wrong, and how did you approach them?" to "Give me a language where you have to manage your memory and one that you don't have to manage it"

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about debugging your code if a client brought up issues with the program.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

So there's an initial in person/over the phone interview. This is basically a preliminary interview of sorts. This is to ask primarily behavioral based questions. Then they do two technical interviews in KC.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly function and object structure. One was create an object that tells a nurse the frequency of medicine that a patient must take.   Answer Question
    • Make an object that holds temperatures of a person and can say whether or not they have a fever.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The Interview process is pretty moderate. First round is HR. Questions based on Resume such as Work Exp (if any) or Academic Projects and other some basic questions. Second Round is Technical. These both rounds are on Phone. If you clear these rounds then you get call for onsite interview. 2 one hr interviews based on behavioral and Technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I still cleared first round and got selected for Technical Round. Still awaiting that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Started with a phone-interview. Basic behavioral questions regarding goals and past experiences. Second interview was also by phone. Consisted of talking 1 on 1 with an engineer. Second interview had more technical questions compared to the first interview. The technical questions were pretty simple and should be information that most freshman in CS should know.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Met at university and talked about goals an experience. Had follow up interview on google hangouts. It took about one week to get back to tell the status, which was a personal phone call. Other students I knew got emails.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging problem while working in a team   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

The whole interview process began with HR contacting me through Linkedin. First round was basic HR call going through my resume and my current role with the current employer. After two weeks there was a technical round. Interviewer was asking about basic behavioral questions. After a week there was on site call for final round. It was about two one hour interview by two different persons. Basic behavioral questions and asked to write a code for a specific given situation.

Interview Questions
    • Couple of questions regarding ACID properties using a real time scenario?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner in August 2014.

Was a general telephonic HR interview.Waiting for next round.Faced number of questions regarding previous job experience,Agile methodologies, knowledge of testing, what do I do in free time,able to relocate or not?Domain of expertise

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied through Employee Referral. Process took two weeks. First round was a HR round and then got scheduled for a three hour Skype Interview with three teams. I was allowed to choose between Skype or Onsite Interview and i chose Skype. All the questions are posted here. Lots of behavioral questions. Questions on Resume. Waiting for an Answer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you trouble shooter and failed.   Answer Question