Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2014

2.6

124 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

A mix between behavioral questions and your experience with different languages. They asked questions that ranged from "Describe a time where you had to tell someone they were doing something wrong, and how did you approach them?" to "Give me a language where you have to manage your memory and one that you don't have to manage it"

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about debugging your code if a client brought up issues with the program.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

So there's an initial in person/over the phone interview. This is basically a preliminary interview of sorts. This is to ask primarily behavioral based questions. Then they do two technical interviews in KC.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly function and object structure. One was create an object that tells a nurse the frequency of medicine that a patient must take.   Answer Question
    • Make an object that holds temperatures of a person and can say whether or not they have a fever.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The Interview process is pretty moderate. First round is HR. Questions based on Resume such as Work Exp (if any) or Academic Projects and other some basic questions. Second Round is Technical. These both rounds are on Phone. If you clear these rounds then you get call for onsite interview. 2 one hr interviews based on behavioral and Technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I still cleared first round and got selected for Technical Round. Still awaiting that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Started with a phone-interview. Basic behavioral questions regarding goals and past experiences. Second interview was also by phone. Consisted of talking 1 on 1 with an engineer. Second interview had more technical questions compared to the first interview. The technical questions were pretty simple and should be information that most freshman in CS should know.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Met at university and talked about goals an experience. Had follow up interview on google hangouts. It took about one week to get back to tell the status, which was a personal phone call. Other students I knew got emails.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging problem while working in a team   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner in August 2014.

Was a general telephonic HR interview.Waiting for next round.Faced number of questions regarding previous job experience,Agile methodologies, knowledge of testing, what do I do in free time,able to relocate or not?Domain of expertise

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied through Employee Referral. Process took two weeks. First round was a HR round and then got scheduled for a three hour Skype Interview with three teams. I was allowed to choose between Skype or Onsite Interview and i chose Skype. All the questions are posted here. Lots of behavioral questions. Questions on Resume. Waiting for an Answer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you trouble shooter and failed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner.

Initial HR call: Within a week from application.
    Usual resume-related questions. Rate yourself in each known language, best project etc.
    Technical Phone call: Immediate week of the HR call
    Theory question related to databases; how to improve access speed, one technical data structure related question, design a structure for game of chess, questions related to debugging.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Recruited from a campus career fair.

The Skype interview consisted of two parts: typical personality questionnaire and a technical portion.

"Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with your boss."
    "Tell me about a project you worked on that you're proud of."
    "Can you explain what a garbage collector is?"
    "Tell me how you would create a program for a simple game, like chess or checkers in an OOL."

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.