Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.6

123 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

A mix between behavioral questions and your experience with different languages. They asked questions that ranged from "Describe a time where you had to tell someone they were doing something wrong, and how did you approach them?" to "Give me a language where you have to manage your memory and one that you don't have to manage it"

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about debugging your code if a client brought up issues with the program.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in April 2012.

I was contacted quickly to start my interview process after I had submitted my resume and application.
    While setting up the interview process, I interviewed once, but had to wait about 2 months to hear back from the recruiter, who had previously stated that it would be sooner. Understandably, this is part of the process.
    Once I was notified of my offer, I was called very soon afterward to speak to my future manager and executive. After this, the process was swift, and entailed very little work on my part, apart from calling and keeping in contact with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Concerning the questions themselves, there were not any questions out of left field or any such thing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The Interview process is pretty moderate. First round is HR. Questions based on Resume such as Work Exp (if any) or Academic Projects and other some basic questions. Second Round is Technical. These both rounds are on Phone. If you clear these rounds then you get call for onsite interview. 2 one hr interviews based on behavioral and Technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I still cleared first round and got selected for Technical Round. Still awaiting that.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

There were three rounds. The first round was a written test and the next two were technical face-to-face interviews. It went pretty fine. They asked questions from my areas of interest and oops concepts. Be good with the fundas.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Met at university and talked about goals an experience. Had follow up interview on google hangouts. It took about one week to get back to tell the status, which was a personal phone call. Other students I knew got emails.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most challenging problem while working in a team   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Started with a phone-interview. Basic behavioral questions regarding goals and past experiences. Second interview was also by phone. Consisted of talking 1 on 1 with an engineer. Second interview had more technical questions compared to the first interview. The technical questions were pretty simple and should be information that most freshman in CS should know.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner in June 2014.

An aptitude round initially,Then a HR round and finally a technical round. The process was not very tough. Do the HR round well and be strong in basics for the technical round. The technical round did vary from person to person. Some had an hour long technical interview while some had a 10 min session. So be confident and answer everything assertively.

Interview Questions
    • Sudoku algorithm. Not very tough but this is the toughest they asked me.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner in September 2014.

Campus Recruitment - Intern position - Started with an Online Test which included Aptitude and Technical questions. The technical questions were mostly based on Software Engineering principles. Total of 50 questions in 60 minutes. 130 were shortlisted out of 450, and were sent for HR Interviews. Basic questions like why Cerner, why did you pursue engineering etc. Candidates clearing the HR round were sent for Technical Interviews. Questions ranging from Software Engineering concepts, basics of C/C++, data structures, OO concepts, projects, programming languages known and technologies worked on.

Interview Questions
    • Explain virtual functions and elaborate on how they help during object oriented programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner in August 2014.

Was a general telephonic HR interview.Waiting for next round.Faced number of questions regarding previous job experience,Agile methodologies, knowledge of testing, what do I do in free time,able to relocate or not?Domain of expertise

Software Engineer Interview

3 ROUNDS.1st HR,2nd Technical,3rd Technical.HR round was 2 mins but both technical rounds were 15-20 mins each.It varies,for me it was like this.Very cool interviewer and they treat you really well.Be confident and answer.Thats all.