Cerner

113 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Kansas City, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cerner in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and then was brought to Kansas for the in-person interview. Simple questions all in glassdoor.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. Questions are straight forward   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not interested. Very low salary

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in June 2013.

Interview Details – Tech questions: chess design,test cases,foo..etc (same from other reviews)

Initial phone call, trip to Kansas! Not any different from other reviews. It all depends on how you answer behavioral questions. Do your best in interview and hope for the best! Even if it goes great, just don't be so sure about it and keep looking for other jobs!!
I think they prefer fresh graduates over someone with 1-2years of experience!
They will let know within one week even if you're not selected. It was a good experience for me, I would recommend going for the interview.

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR for first round. Passed that and was called for an onsite interview.
Most of the questions were from the Post above.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – Got an HR call after I submitted the resume online. After that they flew me directly for onsite to Kansas. The interview was very simple. 3 1-hr interviews with 3 architects.
Some of the questions were:
1.chess game using oops concept
2.print Foo if number is divided by 5 and bar if number is divided by 7 and foobar if number is divided by 5&7.
3.find a number using Binary search algorithm
4.Normalization
5.difference between memory managed and non-memory managed languages.
6.things a programmer should be careful in a memory managed language
7.how do u approach a bug
8.difference between unit testing and integration testing
9.different types of testing.
10.unit test cases for string reversal
11. gave a code and was asked to find where null pointer exception was occurring.
12.joins in database.
13. gave a code was asked what it does- it was for string reversal.
14.difference between array and linked list.
15.complexity of binary search when array is not sorted.
16. binary search tree for Cerner

And then a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – All usual questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Software Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in February 2012.

Interview Details – Cerner found my resume in dice.com and called for Velocity Software Engineer position. First, I didn't pay attention thinking that it is some sort of trainning program. Later on I did some research and got in touch with the initial recruiter. First phone interview was with a HR recruiter with basic question involving relocation, work eligibility etc. Then another phone interview with a Technical Recruiter (she is the one will keep in touch with you throughout the process). Then the last phone interview with a Sr. Software Engineer/Architect. Very basic questions like difference between Array and Linked list. Then they offered a paid trip to Kansas City for onsite interview. Cerner really treated me well with air-fair/food/hotel and a gift card. The onsite interview also included a guided trip in Kansas City. Again, the onsite interview was easy. String reversal, Binary Tree related questions. After 4 day I got the offer. Really good salary close to 70K. I didn't need a H1B but needed relocation from West Coast. Cerner paid for it. 2 months now I'm working here.

Interview Question – None actually. Insert/update a Binary Search Tree   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not need to. Really lucrative offer.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in February 2013.

Interview Details – I came to know about cerner from one of my friends who got a software engineering position after his MS graduation. I got cerner's recruiter's contact from him and send my resume. I got a call from a recruiter lady the next day. She just asked few questions on my educational background and experience and a time for me to come for on-site interview.

I went for on-site after a week. I live close to Kansas City so I drove there and they gave me a purchase card for my expenses. They booked a nice hotel in KC downtown which was nice. The next morning I drove to their innovation campus. There were 5 other people in the group. The first thing was a recruiter lady gave us a tour of their campus which was cool. After the tour the interview started. Each of us were taken to a room and seated. I had three 45 mins interviews. The interview takers were a software engineer, a senior software engineer and a software architect.

questions
--> explain your past project
--> behavioral question on past project. explain a time when you had a conflict with another team member, conflict on deadlines and similar.
--> chess game oop concept
--> binary search algorithm
--> fizzbuzz for 3 and 5
--> recursive vs iterative algorithm
--> exception handling.
--> what will you do if you get a call from support regarding a production issue

Reason for Declining – The recruiter lady told me that Cerner does sponsor green cards but not in EB2 category even though I have a Masters degree. It makes no sense to do my green card in EB3 and wait for 5-7 years, whereas in EB2 it takes less than a year. That was a deal breaker for me.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in May 2011.

Interview Details – Included a phone interview and then flew me out (not from KC area) for an in-person interview with about 5 managers from various departments inside of Cerner. However, Software Engineer is an ambiguous title for Cerner.

Interview Question – Simple technical interview questions. Mainly based on OO concepts and things of that nature. Google "Object Oriented interview questions" and those are the questions you will get.   View Answers (2)

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – had a phone interview with HR and got selected for onsite interview which is four rounds

Interview Question – Ever thing is on Glass door. Most of the are like S A R( Situation action result) kinda questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay is very less

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty fast. HR phone interview then technical phone interview.
Later, in person.
Jus prepare the questions posted on glassdoor.
They are pretty standard. No questions are asked beyond that.

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from recruiter. Was called onsite and had 3 rounds of technical interviews