Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter a couple days after applying through their website. Recruiter called a few days later for a screening and offered me another 1 on 1 interview using a Web Applet.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR to schedule the interview process. First was virtual Interview where they ask to design the Allergy class which can be reported by person with and without allery Next they ask to design the Person class to find any person in. Next 2 were onside interview bunch of behavioural question. One race condition question, design temperature class. design a class to report the the time at which medicine needs to be taken considering the date class.

Interview Questions

• Design Allery Class. Design Temperature Class Design Person Class   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through cerner career website, I was scheduled a telephone interview one week after I received an e-mail from Cerner Recruiter. The interview was great.The interview process was very smooth. First, a basic interview with the HR.Waiting for the second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me and asked for availability. Initial phone screening - background and some standard questions. Followed by onsite interview - 3 rounds. Mostly design based and resume based questions. Got offer within 2 days of onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Design based questions that you can find in glass-door. Questions related to projects in resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in May 2015.

Interview

First, I had a 30 minute telephone interview with the recruiter which mainly focused on my resume. A week later, I had an hour-long interview via a webcam with a software engineer in Kansas City. I was asked again about my background, some behavioral questions (strengths, weaknesses, etc.), and I was asked to write some general code based on 2 problems. A few days later, I interviewed in person at Cerner. I had to whiteboard a few coding questions and was asked many of the same general questions as in the previous interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you know what your strengths and weaknesses are?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner in April 2015.

Interview

Got response in ONE week and schedule a HR interview. Last for 50 minutes. The interview let you describe you current job, describe yourself and your current employment authorization status. They asked a lot about how you did testing in your job because 80% of their codes are used for testing. I think it would be nice if you have similar experience. The recruiter is nice, patient and very willing to answer questions. Ask everything you want to know about the company and position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online received an email with in a week from the HR team to schedule the phone interview for the HR round which was mostly related to the behavioral questions and discussing the resume. HR was very helpful and told to get back within a week for the future rounds expecting to get to the second round HR was very nice and humble. I would say be prepared for the lots of behavioral questions and be tho-row with your resume.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Mostly design questions and few behavorial questions. Second phone round was more techincal, but mostly focussed on design. Asked me more about my previous job which was nice. The interviewer had a calming influence. Onsite: About two weeks later they asked me to come to something called experience Cerner day. They take you around the City and feed you the day before. Then you visit the Innovations campus where they give you a company overview which is followed by two more technical interviews. It was good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward: first I had a phone conversation with a 3rd party technical recruiter they had hired to find someone to fill the position that went over some of my basic skills and knowledge from undergrad. Following this I was given an onsite interview that was first with two people on the development team whom I would later work with if I got the job, followed by a one on one with the team manager. I believe there was supposed to be a third portion of the interview with someone higher up in the company but they had some urgent issue that day and couldn't make it. Interview was mostly non-technical and based around general background and personality, a few questions about the relevant programming language were asked but nothing that couldn't be answered in a few sentences. No coding or problem solving portion of the interview and no follow-up interview. Overall I'd say it was probably a bit too easy and they could do more to try and screen candidates to ensure they have real knowledge or problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• If you had to determine whether a padlock was functioning properly with only 3 tests, what tests would you use?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online on their website. I received an email from a recruiter to schedule a interview. A week later, I got the first interview. The first interview was basic HR questions and resume related question. She asked desired salary, work experience, visa status and gpa. A week later, I had a video interview with an engineer. I expected questions from glass door, but it was mainly about advanced and detailed questions about things on my resume. He then explained details of his job and his team. The interviewer was very nice and knowledgeable, but his microphone was not working properly, so it was really hard for me to understand his questions, and whole interview was hard because of that. Overall, it was a great experience.