Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.6

123 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

On campus interview scheduled after a career fair, got an email to appear for an interview. Very fast process..still waiting on the feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Didn't expect technical questions because it was noted by the recruiter or maybe i didn't do my home work but overall, it was a first ever job interview for a future career in software engineering and this has opened my eyes. Gotta get back to learning....   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in July 2013.

Fake promises

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in June 2013.

Tech questions: chess design,test cases,foo..etc (same from other reviews)

Initial phone call, trip to Kansas! Not any different from other reviews. It all depends on how you answer behavioral questions. Do your best in interview and hope for the best! Even if it goes great, just don't be so sure about it and keep looking for other jobs!!
    I think they prefer fresh graduates over someone with 1-2years of experience!
    They will let know within one week even if you're not selected. It was a good experience for me, I would recommend going for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Got an HR call after I submitted the resume online. After that they flew me directly for onsite to Kansas. The interview was very simple. 3 1-hr interviews with 3 architects.
    Some of the questions were:
    1.chess game using oops concept
    2.print Foo if number is divided by 5 and bar if number is divided by 7 and foobar if number is divided by 5&7.
    3.find a number using Binary search algorithm
    4.Normalization
    5.difference between memory managed and non-memory managed languages.
    6.things a programmer should be careful in a memory managed language
    7.how do u approach a bug
    8.difference between unit testing and integration testing
    9.different types of testing.
    10.unit test cases for string reversal
    11. gave a code and was asked to find where null pointer exception was occurring.
    12.joins in database.
    13. gave a code was asked what it does- it was for string reversal.
    14.difference between array and linked list.
    15.complexity of binary search when array is not sorted.
    16. binary search tree for Cerner

And then a lot of behavioral questions.

Did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

had a phone interview with HR and got selected for onsite interview which is four rounds

Interview Questions
    • Ever thing is on Glass door. Most of the are like S A R( Situation action result) kinda questions   Answer Question

Pay is very less

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview process was pretty fast. HR phone interview then technical phone interview.
    Later, in person.
    Jus prepare the questions posted on glassdoor.
    They are pretty standard. No questions are asked beyond that.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner.

Applied online and got a call from recruiter. Was called onsite and had 3 rounds of technical interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Got a call from the recruiter. Background check, no functional questions. Then set me up to the on-site interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

I was contacted by a recruiter at the beginning of the process. I was asked to submit my resume on the Cerner job site after speaking to the recruiter, and we moved on from there. An interview was scheduled for two weeks out, where I would have an interview with three of Cerner's software developers.

The interviews were a combination of programming questions, from analyzing code to defining various terms, and one or two behavioral questions.

This included questions about...
    - Unit Testing
    - Database Normalization
    - Binary Trees
    - Relational Databases
    - Time Complexity of Linked Lists

Nothing was particularly difficult about any of the questions, and only one kind of caught me off guard, only because I wasn't familiar with the term.

Afterwords, I received the offer roughly a week later. After asking some questions and going through some analysis, I came to the conclusion that this job wasn't right for me, and I declined it.

Interview Questions

After comparing my current situation and on the offer I received, I did not feel the offer was worth the move.

Software Engineer Interview

everything was organized and the company itself was a good one to invest future on but the city is not city for me

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question at all, they were all simple ones, kansas city is not a place for me   Answer Question