Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

Easy and very organized interview process. Standard questions from glassdoor like prepare BST with duplicates for "CERNER", write a program to find max number read input from user and return max number. ACID properties. Given a program and asked to find what exceptions will occur in this.

Interview Questions

Not the exact profile I was looking for and salary non negotiable.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

Interview

On campus interview scheduled after a career fair, got an email to appear for an interview. Very fast process..still waiting on the feedback.

Interview Questions

• Didn't expect technical questions because it was noted by the recruiter or maybe i didn't do my home work but overall, it was a first ever job interview for a future career in software engineering and this has opened my eyes. Gotta get back to learning....   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Got an HR call after I submitted the resume online. After that they flew me directly for onsite to Kansas. The interview was very simple. 3 1-hr interviews with 3 architects. Some of the questions were: 1.chess game using oops concept 2.print Foo if number is divided by 5 and bar if number is divided by 7 and foobar if number is divided by 5&7. 3.find a number using Binary search algorithm 4.Normalization 5.difference between memory managed and non-memory managed languages. 6.things a programmer should be careful in a memory managed language 7.how do u approach a bug 8.difference between unit testing and integration testing 9.different types of testing. 10.unit test cases for string reversal 11. gave a code and was asked to find where null pointer exception was occurring. 12.joins in database. 13. gave a code was asked what it does- it was for string reversal. 14.difference between array and linked list. 15.complexity of binary search when array is not sorted. 16. binary search tree for Cerner And then a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

Tech questions: chess design,test cases,foo..etc (same from other reviews) Initial phone call, trip to Kansas! Not any different from other reviews. It all depends on how you answer behavioral questions. Do your best in interview and hope for the best! Even if it goes great, just don't be so sure about it and keep looking for other jobs!! I think they prefer fresh graduates over someone with 1-2years of experience! They will let know within one week even if you're not selected. It was a good experience for me, I would recommend going for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

Met with two different managers who did mostly behavioral Interviewing. They did ask a few questions about specific languages that I had on my resume and wanted me to explain the learning process. I do believe they have changed the questions that they ask during the interview process to steer towards more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem that came up while in school that you had to solve and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just gave me an offer and I accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

had a phone interview with HR and got selected for onsite interview which is four rounds

Interview Questions

• Ever thing is on Glass door. Most of the are like S A R( Situation action result) kinda questions   Answer Question

Pay is very less

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Interview process was pretty fast. HR phone interview then technical phone interview. Later, in person. Jus prepare the questions posted on glassdoor. They are pretty standard. No questions are asked beyond that.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from recruiter. Was called onsite and had 3 rounds of technical interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter. Background check, no functional questions. Then set me up to the on-site interview.