Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cerner
- Software Engineer (176)
- Velocity Software Engineer (142)
- Systems Engineer (62)
- Velocity Delivery Consultant (49)
- Delivery Consultant (49)
- Academy Software Engineer (32)
- Velocity Professional Services Consultant (29)
- Support Analyst (24)
- Velocity Analyst (23)
- Business Consultant (15)
- Software Developer (12)
- Velocity Systems Engineer (11)
- Test Analyst (9)
- Technical Support Analyst (9)
- Software (9)
- Learning Consultant (8)
- Professional Services Consultant (8)
- Engagement Leader (7)
- Velocity Business Consultant (7)
- Software Engineer Intern (7)
- Consultant (7)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Intern (6)
- Senior Software Engineer (6)
- Technology Consultant (5)
- Analyst (5)
- Operations Support Specialist (5)
- Velocity Business (5)
- Velocity Consultant (4)
- Solutions Delivery Consultant (4)
Solution Architect Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in June 2014.
I was contacted by a senior recruiter for the Solution Architect position after I had previously applied for a position with Cerner. After being contacted by this recruiter, I went through the first-level application on the Cerner website. I was then provided a phone interview within 5 business days with the senior recruiter to discuss the basics of the job. After completion of the initial phone interview, I received an e-mail about 3 business days after the phone interview from another member of the HR team at Cerner to schedule my on-site interview. I was scheduled to meet with three individuals (2 Directors and 1 Manger) and was told the process would take about 2 hours and 15 minutes. The first person I met with shared the basics regarding travel, expected knowledge level, desired knowledge/skills/abilities, and some info about the team I will be working with. She also shared her experience of "a day in the life" of a Solution Architect and her general experience at Cerner. The second person I met with shared a few more technical aspects of the position and he also shared his experience of "a day in the life" of a Solution Architect and his general experience at Cerner. The third person was more cut and dry, sticking primarily to interview questions, etc. She did, however, provide her experience of "a day in the life" of Solution Architect and her general experience at Cerner. ALL three of these individuals had several behavioral or situational questions which seemed like standard interview questions to me.
- Describe a time when you provided an innovative solution to a problem, but had to troubleshoot or provide damage control for other issues discovered after implementing your solution. Answer Question
I have received an informal offer, but have not yet received the formal offer of employment.
Other Interview Reviews for Cerner
Solution Architect InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.
The recuiter reached out to me online to inquire about my experirence, and two weeks later, I was on a flight to KC to interview for the position. The Interview process was smooth, and everyone was very friendly and welcoming.
- There were a lot of questions asking to site examples from previous work experience. If you are able to thin on the spot, and have a good memory, you should be fine. The interviewers were very nice and accomodating, so if you need to take a second, they will understand. Answer Question
Solutions Architect InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner.
Started with verbal test at their facility. After clearing this there will be a multiple technical rounds to check the skills and expertise depending on the experience level and position on offer.