Cerner Support Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Support Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cerner.

I applied online on their careers website. About a week after that I got an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was just asked basic questions about my education and a couple behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview, she told me she wanted to schedule a phone interview which was schedule for 5 weeks later. There were 15 other applicants at the in person interview applying for the same position. I had a one and a half hour interview which consisted of three 30 minute interviews with different managers. The interviewers were really nice and asked about 4-5 behavioral questions each.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had to solve a technical problem.   Answer Question
  • Talk about a time you had to produce results without much direction.   Answer Question
I did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Support Analyst Interview

One phone interview which essentially just overviewed my resume, then three back to back in person interviews.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were necessarily difficult or unexpected. I came more from a customer service side then a technical side so a lot of the questions were scenario based.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as I was happy to get out of my previous job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Garden Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview process started with a phone interview, this was largely a rundown of my resume and prompts for more details about the activities and accomplishments in past position. Face to face interviews with multiple people, but one after another so no need to travel back for multiple interviews. Questions were very standard with more focused on personality and experience than specific knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Initially contacted by a recruiter. First went through a fairly generic screening over the phone that went over the position they were calling about, then followed the next day by another from a different recruiter for a different position. I was invited in for an in person interview and we scheduled it for the following week. The interview was just as others have said - three, 30-minute interviews by three different Cerner employees. I heard back within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you weren't able to complete work by a given deadline, and explain what you did   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

I went through a referral that had been submitted multiple times and finally got a response from HR for the support analyst position that I had not applied for. I was asked if I would consider this position and if I'd like to set up phone interview. I did and had the phone interview and was offered an in person interview and of course accepted. The in person interview was with three different people in different roles all behavior based questions and very laid back. I was told I'd hear something in a week and I did I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you missed a deadline and how did you cope?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

I was contacted through email by a recruiter after sending in multiple applications on the Cerner website. They offered to speak on the phone about a different open position available. After the 30 minute phone interview, the recruiter invited me in for a 1.5 hour interview with three other associates. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. Most of the questions they asked were behavioral questions. I was told by the last interviewer that it would be between two weeks and a month before I would hear anything, but the lady that escorted me out (not sure what her position is) said it would probably be closer to two weeks. After two weeks exactly, I received a phone call from the original recruiter notifying me that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Thinking back to a previous employer, tell me about a challenge that you accomplished successfully, and one you didn't accomplish successfully.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in July 2013.

The interview process consisted of one phone interview and three in-person interviews. The phone interview was scheduled one week after a Cerner recruiter contacted me. If your phone interview is successful, the recruiter will set you up for an in-person interview with 3 different interviewers from 3 different departments. Each interview is about 30-45 minutes long. After the interview, you are to expect a call back within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision you have had to make on a job?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate salary.

Support Analyst Interview

Must apply online and a referral from an existing employee goes a long way. Even with a referral expect to wait months before hearing back. The interview seems pretty standard, they will have 3 different interviewers speak with you from different departments to get a feel for where you might fit. After that, you will wait a full 2 weeks before you hear back that you got the job, rejections could come faster.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions, none of the abstract items that you always hear about from torture interviews. They will ask you what your biggest weakness is and that always seems like a tough question to answer honestly without sounding contrived.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner.

I had about a 30-minute phone conversation, then got an email a few days later saying that they wanted me to come in for an on-sight interview. I went to that and met with 3 different interviewers for 30 minutes each. There were about 20 of us interviewing that morning. They really take a shotgun approach to hiring new employees. One of the ladies interviewing me said they averaged about 30 or so interviews a day... so don't expect to feel very special.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your greatest success and your greatest failure on the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in February 2013.

Attended an employee referral program, two weeks later got a call from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. A week later had my phone interview, she pushed me through to scheduling to set up 3 in-person interviews. About 6 days later the scheduler emailed me to let me know my interviews were scheduled for the following day. I went to the interviews the next day, which I had felt went pretty great. The interviews had some STAR type questions, but the interviews were very relaxed and conversational overall. Exactly two weeks later I got a call from the recruiter with an offer. Started two weeks later. Overall process took about a month and a half from beginning to end.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate due to the other job offer I had on the table being a lower offer than Cerners offer.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!