Cerner

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Garden Grove, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – Interview process started with a phone interview, this was largely a rundown of my resume and prompts for more details about the activities and accomplishments in past position. Face to face interviews with multiple people, but one after another so no need to travel back for multiple interviews. Questions were very standard with more focused on personality and experience than specific knowledge.

Interview Question – All questions were very standard, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details – One phone interview which essentially just overviewed my resume, then three back to back in person interviews.

Interview Question – None of the questions were necessarily difficult or unexpected. I came more from a customer service side then a technical side so a lot of the questions were scenario based.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as I was happy to get out of my previous job.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – Initially contacted by a recruiter. First went through a fairly generic screening over the phone that went over the position they were calling about, then followed the next day by another from a different recruiter for a different position. I was invited in for an in person interview and we scheduled it for the following week. The interview was just as others have said - three, 30-minute interviews by three different Cerner employees. I heard back within a couple weeks.

Interview Question – Name a time where you weren't able to complete work by a given deadline, and explain what you did   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went through a referral that had been submitted multiple times and finally got a response from HR for the support analyst position that I had not applied for. I was asked if I would consider this position and if I'd like to set up phone interview. I did and had the phone interview and was offered an in person interview and of course accepted. The in person interview was with three different people in different roles all behavior based questions and very laid back. I was told I'd hear something in a week and I did I was offered a position.

Interview Question – Name a time you missed a deadline and how did you cope?   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted through email by a recruiter after sending in multiple applications on the Cerner website. They offered to speak on the phone about a different open position available. After the 30 minute phone interview, the recruiter invited me in for a 1.5 hour interview with three other associates. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. Most of the questions they asked were behavioral questions. I was told by the last interviewer that it would be between two weeks and a month before I would hear anything, but the lady that escorted me out (not sure what her position is) said it would probably be closer to two weeks. After two weeks exactly, I received a phone call from the original recruiter notifying me that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Question – Thinking back to a previous employer, tell me about a challenge that you accomplished successfully, and one you didn't accomplish successfully.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in July 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of one phone interview and three in-person interviews. The phone interview was scheduled one week after a Cerner recruiter contacted me. If your phone interview is successful, the recruiter will set you up for an in-person interview with 3 different interviewers from 3 different departments. Each interview is about 30-45 minutes long. After the interview, you are to expect a call back within 2 weeks.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult decision you have had to make on a job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate salary.

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details – Must apply online and a referral from an existing employee goes a long way. Even with a referral expect to wait months before hearing back. The interview seems pretty standard, they will have 3 different interviewers speak with you from different departments to get a feel for where you might fit. After that, you will wait a full 2 weeks before you hear back that you got the job, rejections could come faster.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions, none of the abstract items that you always hear about from torture interviews. They will ask you what your biggest weakness is and that always seems like a tough question to answer honestly without sounding contrived.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – I had about a 30-minute phone conversation, then got an email a few days later saying that they wanted me to come in for an on-sight interview. I went to that and met with 3 different interviewers for 30 minutes each. There were about 20 of us interviewing that morning. They really take a shotgun approach to hiring new employees. One of the ladies interviewing me said they averaged about 30 or so interviews a day... so don't expect to feel very special.

Interview Question – Tell me about your greatest success and your greatest failure on the job.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in February 2013.

Interview Details – Attended an employee referral program, two weeks later got a call from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. A week later had my phone interview, she pushed me through to scheduling to set up 3 in-person interviews. About 6 days later the scheduler emailed me to let me know my interviews were scheduled for the following day. I went to the interviews the next day, which I had felt went pretty great. The interviews had some STAR type questions, but the interviews were very relaxed and conversational overall. Exactly two weeks later I got a call from the recruiter with an offer. Started two weeks later. Overall process took about a month and a half from beginning to end.

Interview Question – Questions were Business type cases   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate due to the other job offer I had on the table being a lower offer than Cerners offer.

North Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2013.

Interview Details – A friend of mine who work there, informed me about a referral social they were having were you go and get a chance to mingle with HR Recruiters, and Cerner Associates. I went to that and talked one-on-one with a recruiter, which was good! After about 2 weeks the same person I spoke with gave me a call to set up an Interview. Went in with confidence and nailed the intereview, and in about a week I was giving the call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to produce results without specific guidlines or information?   Answer Question
  • Give me a time where you had to use technical skills to solve a problem. How did you solve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, very generous offer!!

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cerner

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cerner Support Analyst interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cerner employees and interview candidates.