Cerner Support Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.8

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter called me the next day. Scheduled a phone interview which was mostly talking about the position and company with a few behavioral questions. I got offer a virtual interview which consisted of three 30 minute behavioral style interview questions. I received an offer but declined due to location. The whole interview process was easy and everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had a problem, how did you solve it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on Cerners website, received an email from recruiter to schedule phone interview within 48 hours of applying. Received an opportunity to formally interview at WHQ at the conclusion of phone interview. Two weeks after formal interview at WHQ and offer was made. Smooth process and good communication between the recruiter and myself was very beneficial throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given a task with little to no instructions! What was the problem, how did you address it and what was the outcome of that decision?   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I applied online on their careers website. About a week after that I got an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was just asked basic questions about my education and a couple behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview, she told me she wanted to schedule a phone interview which was schedule for 5 weeks later. There were 15 other applicants at the in person interview applying for the same position. I had a one and a half hour interview which consisted of three 30 minute interviews with different managers. The interviewers were really nice and asked about 4-5 behavioral questions each.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to solve a technical problem.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to produce results without much direction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Support Analyst Interview

Interview

One phone interview which essentially just overviewed my resume, then three back to back in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were necessarily difficult or unexpected. I came more from a customer service side then a technical side so a lot of the questions were scenario based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I was happy to get out of my previous job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Garden Grove, CA).

Interview

Interview process started with a phone interview, this was largely a rundown of my resume and prompts for more details about the activities and accomplishments in past position. Face to face interviews with multiple people, but one after another so no need to travel back for multiple interviews. Questions were very standard with more focused on personality and experience than specific knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter. First went through a fairly generic screening over the phone that went over the position they were calling about, then followed the next day by another from a different recruiter for a different position. I was invited in for an in person interview and we scheduled it for the following week. The interview was just as others have said - three, 30-minute interviews by three different Cerner employees. I heard back within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you weren't able to complete work by a given deadline, and explain what you did   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

I went through a referral that had been submitted multiple times and finally got a response from HR for the support analyst position that I had not applied for. I was asked if I would consider this position and if I'd like to set up phone interview. I did and had the phone interview and was offered an in person interview and of course accepted. The in person interview was with three different people in different roles all behavior based questions and very laid back. I was told I'd hear something in a week and I did I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you missed a deadline and how did you cope?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted through email by a recruiter after sending in multiple applications on the Cerner website. They offered to speak on the phone about a different open position available. After the 30 minute phone interview, the recruiter invited me in for a 1.5 hour interview with three other associates. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. Most of the questions they asked were behavioral questions. I was told by the last interviewer that it would be between two weeks and a month before I would hear anything, but the lady that escorted me out (not sure what her position is) said it would probably be closer to two weeks. After two weeks exactly, I received a phone call from the original recruiter notifying me that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back to a previous employer, tell me about a challenge that you accomplished successfully, and one you didn't accomplish successfully.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

3 person interview. All STAR questions. They just ask questions to make sure you will be a good fit in the company, team player and provide good customer service. Tell them why you are the best for the job. Tell them why they should hire you. At the end ask them: Base on my background and expertise what do you think will be my greatest challenge in this position?

Interview Questions

• What was a work dispute in the past and how did you manage it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Durham, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Three interviews with three managers firing off question like a firing squad. It was very stressful. Each manager came in with a sheet of questions. They asked all the questions on their sheets. The site manager did not have a sheet of question but wrote all over my resume.

Interview Questions

• How much SQL experience do you have.   1 Answer