Cerner

Updated Jul 22, 2014

2.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in April 2010.

I recieved a call from about 6 months after the last time i applied for a positoin. She asked if iw as still interested and wanted to know what i was looking for and then did a quick phone interview. She then asked me to come in for a a 1.5 hour, interview process with 3 different people. The people rotated between me and the other people applying and all had a list of questions to ask. After that, i was told i'd hear something within a week. After a week i was told they were interested but were trying to come up with an offer. A few days later i was given an offer. Good word of advice for the phone interveiw, be broad, do not try to be super specific, because you don't know what position they are wanting you for so if you are too specific about a certain area, they may not want to bring you in.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a high level Executive wants you to bend the rules for them.   Answer Question
I was not able to negotiate. I was brought into an entry level positoin so they didn't let me negotiate at all.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

I was contacted through email by a recruiter after sending in multiple applications on the Cerner website. They offered to speak on the phone about a different open position available. After the 30 minute phone interview, the recruiter invited me in for a 1.5 hour interview with three other associates. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. Most of the questions they asked were behavioral questions. I was told by the last interviewer that it would be between two weeks and a month before I would hear anything, but the lady that escorted me out (not sure what her position is) said it would probably be closer to two weeks. After two weeks exactly, I received a phone call from the original recruiter notifying me that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Thinking back to a previous employer, tell me about a challenge that you accomplished successfully, and one you didn't accomplish successfully.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in November 2010.

Started the interview process from an on-campus career fair, and was accepted for a 1st round interview for a Support Analyst role. Questions were straightforward - included typical behavioral questions as well as an informal skills check (rate yourself in various languages).

Second round interview was an on-site interview in Kansas City. The interview consisted of two back-to-back, half hour each 1:1 interviews with more behavioral questions and another informal skills check (rate yourself). Afterwards was an hour-long lunch with my recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had a difficult team member in a group project, and how did you overcome any issues?   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate due to having another offer on the table.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in July 2013.

The interview process consisted of one phone interview and three in-person interviews. The phone interview was scheduled one week after a Cerner recruiter contacted me. If your phone interview is successful, the recruiter will set you up for an in-person interview with 3 different interviewers from 3 different departments. Each interview is about 30-45 minutes long. After the interview, you are to expect a call back within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision you have had to make on a job?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Initially contacted by a recruiter. First went through a fairly generic screening over the phone that went over the position they were calling about, then followed the next day by another from a different recruiter for a different position. I was invited in for an in person interview and we scheduled it for the following week. The interview was just as others have said - three, 30-minute interviews by three different Cerner employees. I heard back within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you weren't able to complete work by a given deadline, and explain what you did   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview process started with a phone interview, this was largely a rundown of my resume and prompts for more details about the activities and accomplishments in past position. Face to face interviews with multiple people, but one after another so no need to travel back for multiple interviews. Questions were very standard with more focused on personality and experience than specific knowledge.

Support Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

I applied online on their careers website. About a week after that I got an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was just asked basic questions about my education and a couple behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview, she told me she wanted to schedule a phone interview which was schedule for 5 weeks later. There were 15 other applicants at the in person interview applying for the same position. I had a one and a half hour interview which consisted of three 30 minute interviews with different managers. The interviewers were really nice and asked about 4-5 behavioral questions each.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to solve a technical problem.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to produce results without much direction.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Support Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner in November 2010.

I applied on the website with an employee referral for a Delivery Consultant position. I was contacted 4 weeks later by a recruiter who asked me to look at a Support Analyst position to see if it would be something I would be interested in. I called her back that same day and told her I was interested so she set up a time for me to phone interview that Monday. She called right on time for the phone interview and it lasted about 25 minutes and was pretty standard behavioral interview questions and questions about my resume and salary expectations and a little bit of a description of the position. At the end of the phone interview she said someone would be contacting me by email to set up an in-person interview at the campus in Kansas City. It was about 3 days and then I received an email to set up an in-person interview. I set it up for that following monday. When I arrived at Cerner I was taken to a room and interviewed by 3 different people and each interview took approximately 45 minutes so I was there for about 3 hours total. I was told by one interviewer that I would know in a couple weeks and then one of the HR employees who walked me out said I would hear back in a week. Well after 4 weeks and me trying to contact and follow up with them multiple times I still had not heard a word. I finally got a call back and was told that I was overqualified for the position and that maybe they would find something for me next year. Hopefully I will have a job before next year but if I don't I would definitely take a job with Cerner. I would love to work there and am very disappointed that I did not receive the job after the interviews went so well. I was a little disappointed in how long they made me wait to tell me that I didn't get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in February 2012.

I applied numerous times without hearing anything. I finally submitted a "general" application without selecting a position and got a friend that worked at Cerner to submit a referal on my behalf. I received a call to set up a phone interview. This was a very standard interview with generic questions. The next day a received another call informing me that they would be moving forward with my application. We set up a time for an in person interview at the headquarters where I was taken to a room and given some different literature on the company and it's values. After a few minutes someone came in to interview me. Three managers interviewed me in total and the questions were similar between the three but certainly more specific than on the phone. I can say that one of the big ones has to do with difficult problems faced in prior work or college projects for recent grads. The answer they are looking for here is something that follows S.T.A.R. (I've been told this since I was hired, they WILL NOT tell you that when they ask it.) It stands for S:Situation, T:Thought process or Tactic, A: the Action you took to resolve, and R: the Result of your actions i.e. was the problem fixed, resolution reached, client satisfied etc.

2 Weeks later I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    They don't really negotiate. At least not for the lower level positions. When they decide to make you an offer..that is what they are willing to pay you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2013.

A friend of mine who work there, informed me about a referral social they were having were you go and get a chance to mingle with HR Recruiters, and Cerner Associates. I went to that and talked one-on-one with a recruiter, which was good! After about 2 weeks the same person I spoke with gave me a call to set up an Interview. Went in with confidence and nailed the intereview, and in about a week I was giving the call back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to produce results without specific guidlines or information?   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to use technical skills to solve a problem. How did you solve it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, very generous offer!!