Cerner Support Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

I recieved a call from about 6 months after the last time i applied for a positoin. She asked if iw as still interested and wanted to know what i was looking for and then did a quick phone interview. She then asked me to come in for a a 1.5 hour, interview process with 3 different people. The people rotated between me and the other people applying and all had a list of questions to ask. After that, i was told i'd hear something within a week. After a week i was told they were interested but were trying to come up with an offer. A few days later i was given an offer. Good word of advice for the phone interveiw, be broad, do not try to be super specific, because you don't know what position they are wanting you for so if you are too specific about a certain area, they may not want to bring you in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a high level Executive wants you to bend the rules for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I was brought into an entry level positoin so they didn't let me negotiate at all.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted through email by a recruiter after sending in multiple applications on the Cerner website. They offered to speak on the phone about a different open position available. After the 30 minute phone interview, the recruiter invited me in for a 1.5 hour interview with three other associates. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. Most of the questions they asked were behavioral questions. I was told by the last interviewer that it would be between two weeks and a month before I would hear anything, but the lady that escorted me out (not sure what her position is) said it would probably be closer to two weeks. After two weeks exactly, I received a phone call from the original recruiter notifying me that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back to a previous employer, tell me about a challenge that you accomplished successfully, and one you didn't accomplish successfully.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Durham, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Three interviews with three managers firing off question like a firing squad. It was very stressful. Each manager came in with a sheet of questions. They asked all the questions on their sheets. The site manager did not have a sheet of question but wrote all over my resume.

Interview Questions

• How much SQL experience do you have.   1 Answer

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter called me the next day. Scheduled a phone interview which was mostly talking about the position and company with a few behavioral questions. I got offer a virtual interview which consisted of three 30 minute behavioral style interview questions. I received an offer but declined due to location. The whole interview process was easy and everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had a problem, how did you solve it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter. First went through a fairly generic screening over the phone that went over the position they were calling about, then followed the next day by another from a different recruiter for a different position. I was invited in for an in person interview and we scheduled it for the following week. The interview was just as others have said - three, 30-minute interviews by three different Cerner employees. I heard back within a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you weren't able to complete work by a given deadline, and explain what you did   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2010.

Interview

Started the interview process from an on-campus career fair, and was accepted for a 1st round interview for a Support Analyst role. Questions were straightforward - included typical behavioral questions as well as an informal skills check (rate yourself in various languages).

Second round interview was an on-site interview in Kansas City. The interview consisted of two back-to-back, half hour each 1:1 interviews with more behavioral questions and another informal skills check (rate yourself). Afterwards was an hour-long lunch with my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult team member in a group project, and how did you overcome any issues?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate due to having another offer on the table.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone interview and three in-person interviews. The phone interview was scheduled one week after a Cerner recruiter contacted me. If your phone interview is successful, the recruiter will set you up for an in-person interview with 3 different interviewers from 3 different departments. Each interview is about 30-45 minutes long. After the interview, you are to expect a call back within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult decision you have had to make on a job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Garden Grove, CA).

Interview

Interview process started with a phone interview, this was largely a rundown of my resume and prompts for more details about the activities and accomplishments in past position. Face to face interviews with multiple people, but one after another so no need to travel back for multiple interviews. Questions were very standard with more focused on personality and experience than specific knowledge.

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I applied online on their careers website. About a week after that I got an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was just asked basic questions about my education and a couple behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview, she told me she wanted to schedule a phone interview which was schedule for 5 weeks later. There were 15 other applicants at the in person interview applying for the same position. I had a one and a half hour interview which consisted of three 30 minute interviews with different managers. The interviewers were really nice and asked about 4-5 behavioral questions each.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to solve a technical problem.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to produce results without much direction.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on Cerners website, received an email from recruiter to schedule phone interview within 48 hours of applying. Received an opportunity to formally interview at WHQ at the conclusion of phone interview. Two weeks after formal interview at WHQ and offer was made. Smooth process and good communication between the recruiter and myself was very beneficial throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given a task with little to no instructions! What was the problem, how did you address it and what was the outcome of that decision?   Answer Question