Cerner Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.5

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Lasted 30 seconds as the organization does not sponsor H1-B for this position. The first question was how did I hear about them. The interview process was smooth. They sent an email saying they liked my profile and were interested in me. But as soon as I said that I need sponsorship, they said that they do not sponsor for this position. So, it ended.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about them ?   1 Answer
  • Do you need H1-B sponsorship   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cerner in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online on their website. I received an email the same day or the next day from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I gave them my time schedule for when I was available. The recruiter called me at the scheduled time and I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I was told that I will be contacted in 3 to 5 days if selected for a face to face interview. I did not get selected for the face to face interview. Be ready to talk about your background and give examples of situations.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked me about my background and things on my resume. Asked me about my experience with troubleshooting and asked for some examples.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted via email shortly after applying, set up a phone interview within the week. At end of phone interview, recruiter asked to bring me in for an in-person interview within the same week. Interviewed with three teams. Very few technical questions, almost all behavioral questions. Heard back less than a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you've been faced with job directions that differed. How did you decide which one to choose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

The senior recruiter called to do an initial phone interview. The recruiter said they wanted me to come in to do an onsite interview. Mentioned they would follow up in the coming weeks and left me with contact information. I've called back several times and even left messages but failed to return my calls. I've never heard of a representative deliberately ignore e-mails and phone calls. The kids they hire to recruit lack professionalism and it says a-lot about their company. Not only was the recruiter very unprofessional but very immature.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your last role. Why do you want to work for Cerner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

1. Contacted by recruiter who saw my application on a job board. 2. Cerner's HR called for a phone interview. The phone interview was more or less a "check the box" type call and the interviewer more or less knew what they were going to offer before they made the call. 3. Flew me out to Kansas City for the physical interview. Limo picked us up and took us to one of the main campus in Kansas City, recieved a short tour of the campus and then brought to the interview room where three individuals interviewed me. All three had more or less the same questions and from there they all went in to a room and discussed my interview/application together. If one of them "green lit" you then your application would be sent to HR for approval. If all three gave you a "red light" you aren't hired or if you were given red and "yellow" lights, then you might be placed someone else (not for the three teams that you interviewed for).

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about "x" quality of this job? Are you familiar with any software languages? are you familiar with Database queries? What kind of programs do you have familiarity with using?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is not possible. Cerner seeks to hire entry level so there isn't much opportunity to increase your offer. However, because of this Cerner won't ever try to low ball you - everyone operates off of pretty much a level playing field.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

A recruiter called to schedule a time to have a phone interview. The date was scheduled and we visited about 30 minutes with basic HR questions. Some questions about my technical ability, but it was pretty greek to her. I was later called and ask if I was available to come to KC for a face-to-face interview and we scheduled time. I arrived for the interview, every one was very nice and the entire interview was orchestrated very professionally. I met with 3 team leads/managers. Each one ask me basic behavior interview questions. The only problem was that each one described the job and after 3 hours i got a little bored. Each individual interview took about 1 hour. Cerner paid my travel expenses to come for the interview and that was nice. Great interview... After reading the reviews on glass door I was pleasantly surprised with how much everyone liked working there and the length of time they worked for Cerner. I guess we shouldn't read everything we read. A week after the interview i received an email from the recruiter that they weren't going to extend me an offer at this point but wanted to keep my application for future consideration. Personally I felt like I might be too old for their company culture and my salary requirements were probably above what they are use to paying kids out of college.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received a review about your work that was different than you thought it should be?   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in April 2010.

Interview

Multiple Behavioral interviews were demanding. Be prepared to have examples of tough situation you were faced with. They don't expect perfection from young adults, just honesty and integrity.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember. I'm sure it was something like, "Tell me about a time you were forced to tell someone you couldn't follow through with a promise."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent for recent college graduates (take the job).