Cerner

Cerner Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in August 2013.

Recruiter contacted via email shortly after applying, set up a phone interview within the week. At end of phone interview, recruiter asked to bring me in for an in-person interview within the same week. Interviewed with three teams. Very few technical questions, almost all behavioral questions. Heard back less than a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you've been faced with job directions that differed. How did you decide which one to choose?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner in April 2013.

The senior recruiter called to do an initial phone interview. The recruiter said they wanted me to come in to do an onsite interview. Mentioned they would follow up in the coming weeks and left me with contact information. I've called back several times and even left messages but failed to return my calls. I've never heard of a representative deliberately ignore e-mails and phone calls. The kids they hire to recruit lack professionalism and it says a-lot about their company. Not only was the recruiter very unprofessional but very immature.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain your last role. Why do you want to work for Cerner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cerner in February 2011.

A recruiter called to schedule a time to have a phone interview. The date was scheduled and we visited about 30 minutes with basic HR questions. Some questions about my technical ability, but it was pretty greek to her. I was later called and ask if I was available to come to KC for a face-to-face interview and we scheduled time.

I arrived for the interview, every one was very nice and the entire interview was orchestrated very professionally. I met with 3 team leads/managers. Each one ask me basic behavior interview questions. The only problem was that each one described the job and after 3 hours i got a little bored. Each individual interview took about 1 hour. Cerner paid my travel expenses to come for the interview and that was nice.

Great interview... After reading the reviews on glass door I was pleasantly surprised with how much everyone liked working there and the length of time they worked for Cerner. I guess we shouldn't read everything we read.

A week after the interview i received an email from the recruiter that they weren't going to extend me an offer at this point but wanted to keep my application for future consideration.

Personally I felt like I might be too old for their company culture and my salary requirements were probably above what they are use to paying kids out of college.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever received a review about your work that was different than you thought it should be?   View Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in April 2010.

Multiple Behavioral interviews were demanding. Be prepared to have examples of tough situation you were faced with. They don't expect perfection from young adults, just honesty and integrity.

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember. I'm sure it was something like, "Tell me about a time you were forced to tell someone you couldn't follow through with a promise."   View Answer
    Non-existent for recent college graduates (take the job).