Cerner

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – The interview is very casual, they make you feel at ease. The interview is very situational based, so come in mind with specific examples of times you have succeded. You are interviewed by 3 different people, and it is OK to repeat storeis

Interview Question – Give me a time that you had to tailor a story to a particular audience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Velocity Analyst

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was strongly recruited by Cerner via emails, etc. Interviewed by phone (which I thought was strange as they had a recruiter in the area?), very disorganized. They lost my resume, which I had uploaded to their site, and had me email to the interviewer in the middle of the conversation. Overall very awkward, ill-prepared on their part.

Interview Question – Can you email me your resume?   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

Interview Details – The Interview process uses S.T.A.R behavior based questions. Be prepared for difficult questions and be very detailed.

Interview Question – Give me an example of when you implemented an new plan that was not well received by all.   View Answer

Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – I had a contact in the company who referred me to a recruiting representative. He and I had an initial conversation, a follow-up conversation a few weeks later, and then from there a different recruiting coordinator. I then was asked to come to Kansas City, where I had a group day with 9 other individuals ranging from seniors in college to young professionals who are a few years out of college. We had a 24-hour "Experience Cerner Day", which toured the city, the Cerner facilities, and has two 30-minute interviews. The whole process took around 2 months from initial contact to in-person interview.

Interview Question – I wouldn't necessarily say it was incredibly difficult, but I was asked about my adaptability to situations--having to learn a different process or program in place of something I know already.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through campus recruiting site. Was contacted for an Experience Cerner Day. Stayed the night in a hotel and was given a tour of Kansas City the following morning with about 25 other applicants. This was followed by an overview of the program and two 1 on 1 interview lasting about 30 minutes each. Interview questions were mostly behavioral and not too difficult. Entire process lasted approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be a good fit at Cerner?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted the initial offer given.

Velocity Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – Email communications followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview a campus visit was scheduled where the velocity program was over viewed and candidates had two 1 on 1 interviews. Following interviews candidates had the opportunity to inquire with former velocity analyst program members. Turn around for offers was less than 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you had difficulty conveying change to other members of a group. Standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cerner in October 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed for an entry level position while in college. The first step was a phone interview with my recruiter. This lasted about 20-30 minutes regarding questions about my courses, internship, and past experience. Then they invited me onsite to their World Headquarters where I interviewed with 3 people, 30 mintues each.

Interview Question – Name a time you created an idea which launched a new process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was generous. I did not try to negotiate.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through campus career website, and was contacted within next week for phone interview. After successfully completing phone interview, was flown to Kansas City about 3 weeks later. Myself as well as about 30 applicants were invited to interview that day. The evening before the interview, Cerner took us all on a tour bus and gave us an official tour of Kansas City. At the end of the tour, we were dropped off at an upscale steakhouse downtown for an informal networking event. The seating arrangements were assigned, with one recruiter sitting at each table.

The next day, the tour bus picked us up for interview day. Although Cerner encouraged us to dress casual, many dressed in suits (including myself). The day began with a presentation about Cerner, and then we were escorted upstairs to conduct 1:1 interviews. Each of us got our own private conference room, and were interviewed by 3 separate recruiters back-to-back for the next hour and a half. After interviews, we enjoyed lunch at Cerner's cafeteria, and then were dropped off at the airport shortly after.

Cerner promised to follow up within the next two weeks. At the end of the two weeks, I received a call from the head recruiter saying that there was no job offer at this time.

Interview Question – Why do you think you would be successful in the healthcare industry?   Answer Question

Velocity Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – After speaking with a recruiter at my school's career fair, I received an email about visiting Kansas City for Experience Cerner Day. It is basically a day filled with touring the city and the Cerner headquarters, and then you have your interviews. I had 2 one-on-one interviews, each filled with situational questions. They ask you to give a situation, describe what happened and what you chose to do, and then explain the results.

Interview Question – Every question I had was situational, but nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details – Phone interview was ambiguous, basic question but over all positive

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!