Cerner Velocity Analyst Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

The interview is very casual, they make you feel at ease. The interview is very situational based, so come in mind with specific examples of times you have succeded. You are interviewed by 3 different people, and it is OK to repeat storeis

Interview Questions

• Give me a time that you had to tailor a story to a particular audience   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Velocity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

Interview

Was strongly recruited by Cerner via emails, etc. Interviewed by phone (which I thought was strange as they had a recruiter in the area?), very disorganized. They lost my resume, which I had uploaded to their site, and had me email to the interviewer in the middle of the conversation. Overall very awkward, ill-prepared on their part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

The Interview process uses S.T.A.R behavior based questions. Be prepared for difficult questions and be very detailed.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you implemented an new plan that was not well received by all.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I had a contact in the company who referred me to a recruiting representative. He and I had an initial conversation, a follow-up conversation a few weeks later, and then from there a different recruiting coordinator. I then was asked to come to Kansas City, where I had a group day with 9 other individuals ranging from seniors in college to young professionals who are a few years out of college. We had a 24-hour "Experience Cerner Day", which toured the city, the Cerner facilities, and has two 30-minute interviews. The whole process took around 2 months from initial contact to in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't necessarily say it was incredibly difficult, but I was asked about my adaptability to situations--having to learn a different process or program in place of something I know already.   Answer Question

Velocity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Email communications followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview a campus visit was scheduled where the velocity program was over viewed and candidates had two 1 on 1 interviews. Following interviews candidates had the opportunity to inquire with former velocity analyst program members. Turn around for offers was less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had difficulty conveying change to other members of a group. Standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting site. Was contacted for an Experience Cerner Day. Stayed the night in a hotel and was given a tour of Kansas City the following morning with about 25 other applicants. This was followed by an overview of the program and two 1 on 1 interview lasting about 30 minutes each. Interview questions were mostly behavioral and not too difficult. Entire process lasted approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted the initial offer given.

Velocity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

After speaking with a recruiter at my school's career fair, I received an email about visiting Kansas City for Experience Cerner Day. It is basically a day filled with touring the city and the Cerner headquarters, and then you have your interviews. I had 2 one-on-one interviews, each filled with situational questions. They ask you to give a situation, describe what happened and what you chose to do, and then explain the results.

Interview Questions

• Every question I had was situational, but nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Velocity Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview was ambiguous, basic question but over all positive

Velocity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

There was an initial screening call to give the recruiter a "feel" for what I was like and whether I'd be a good fit for the company. From there, we scheduled an official phone interview which was held roughly a week later. The screening and interview calls were somewhat relaxed compared to others that I've had. Be comfortable with your skills, strengths, weaknesses, etc. before the call but remember to be yourself and show your personality as well. Following the phone interview, the recruiter contacted me within that week and presented an invite to "Experience Cerner Day" at their main campus. During ECD, we were given handouts, relocation tips, information on how the first few months would be if we were, indeed, hired, and finally 2-3 rounds of interviews were conducted with current employees.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions to ask me? - This is a common question in interviews. Remember who is interviewing you at the time, though! Recruiter = Benefits, Hours, Next steps, etc. Current Employee = Ask about personal experiences, pros and cons, etc. They like when they can offer insight to potential new hires.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the initial offer as it was very reasonable for a recent graduate.

Velocity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I got a call a few days later. Recruiter asked me a few basic questions then offered me an interview at the World Headquarters in Kansas City. They put us (group of 40-50) in a hotel and took us out to dinner at a delicious Italian restaurant. The next day we went to the campus. The interview was first. Three different managers interview each person. They ask about your background and why you want to work at Cerner. They are making sure you have good communication skills and will be flexible on the position you are ultimately given. The point of the interviews are to see if you will fit in with the Cerner culture.

Interview Questions

• What about your degree will help you to be successful here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate I knew the ballpark range that they offer from glassdoor and they were in the maximum already. I got very close to what I asked for so no need to negotiate.