Cerner

Updated Jun 13, 2014
Updated Jun 13, 2014

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cerner in October 2012.

I interviewed for an entry level position while in college. The first step was a phone interview with my recruiter. This lasted about 20-30 minutes regarding questions about my courses, internship, and past experience. Then they invited me onsite to their World Headquarters where I interviewed with 3 people, 30 mintues each.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you created an idea which launched a new process.   View Answer
The offer was generous. I did not try to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

I had a contact in the company who referred me to a recruiting representative. He and I had an initial conversation, a follow-up conversation a few weeks later, and then from there a different recruiting coordinator. I then was asked to come to Kansas City, where I had a group day with 9 other individuals ranging from seniors in college to young professionals who are a few years out of college. We had a 24-hour "Experience Cerner Day", which toured the city, the Cerner facilities, and has two 30-minute interviews. The whole process took around 2 months from initial contact to in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't necessarily say it was incredibly difficult, but I was asked about my adaptability to situations--having to learn a different process or program in place of something I know already.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

The Interview process uses S.T.A.R behavior based questions. Be prepared for difficult questions and be very detailed.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of when you implemented an new plan that was not well received by all.   View Answer

Velocity Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

Was strongly recruited by Cerner via emails, etc. Interviewed by phone (which I thought was strange as they had a recruiter in the area?), very disorganized. They lost my resume, which I had uploaded to their site, and had me email to the interviewer in the middle of the conversation. Overall very awkward, ill-prepared on their part.

Velocity Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Email communications followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview a campus visit was scheduled where the velocity program was over viewed and candidates had two 1 on 1 interviews. Following interviews candidates had the opportunity to inquire with former velocity analyst program members. Turn around for offers was less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had difficulty conveying change to other members of a group. Standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Applied online through campus recruiting site. Was contacted for an Experience Cerner Day. Stayed the night in a hotel and was given a tour of Kansas City the following morning with about 25 other applicants. This was followed by an overview of the program and two 1 on 1 interview lasting about 30 minutes each. Interview questions were mostly behavioral and not too difficult. Entire process lasted approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Accepted the initial offer given.

Velocity Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

There was an initial screening call to give the recruiter a "feel" for what I was like and whether I'd be a good fit for the company. From there, we scheduled an official phone interview which was held roughly a week later. The screening and interview calls were somewhat relaxed compared to others that I've had. Be comfortable with your skills, strengths, weaknesses, etc. before the call but remember to be yourself and show your personality as well.

Following the phone interview, the recruiter contacted me within that week and presented an invite to "Experience Cerner Day" at their main campus. During ECD, we were given handouts, relocation tips, information on how the first few months would be if we were, indeed, hired, and finally 2-3 rounds of interviews were conducted with current employees.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any questions to ask me? - This is a common question in interviews. Remember who is interviewing you at the time, though!
      Recruiter = Benefits, Hours, Next steps, etc.
      Current Employee = Ask about personal experiences, pros and cons, etc. They like when they can offer insight to potential new hires.
        View Answer
    I accepted the initial offer as it was very reasonable for a recent graduate.

Velocity Analyst Interview

Phone interview was ambiguous, basic question but over all positive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in March 2012.

Smooth process consisting of a phone interview followed by an onsite visit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in March 2012.

My initial communication started at my college's career expo where an alumni that works for Cerner spoke with me. He asked me a few questions about myself, mostly major, graduate date, etc. I received an email two days after the expo inviting me to Experience Cerner Day. All the people representing Cerner at the career expo were extremely welcoming, which set the tone for everyone else I spoke with throughout the recruitment process.

Experience Cerner starts with checking in at the hotel they provide and then meeting all other candidates in the lobby to do a KC tour. Our hostess from Cerner was especially knowledgeable and accommodating. After the tour was dinner, where applicants were split among 10-12 tables that had Cerner associates were also placed at. Dinner, in my experience, was the best part. The Cerner associates that sat at my table not only gave me an in-depth look at their time spent at the company, but did a good job establishing a relaxed atmosphere for myself and the other candidates. I had an awesome time. My skepticism about Cerner relaxed heavily after the conversations I had with those individuals. After dinner, we were encouraged to go out with each other to get a feel for Kansas City. I encourage anyone that does Cerner Day to do so. Not only is it a great way to get a feel for the city, but forming connections with the other candidates is going to make interview day less nerve wracking.

The following morning started with interviews. You are seated in your own room and the interviewees come to you. It is a series of three interviews back to back. Two of my three were all behavioral questions, but one was asking more technical questions such as how you go about conducting research. Again, all interviewees were very informative, facilitated non-intimidating interviews.

The rest of the day is laid back. You eat lunch on campus, tour around a bit. And see a couple presentations about Cerner and about the specific job you are applying for. Everyone was extremely nice, helpful, wanting to answer any and every question that we had. I left there that day more than sold on working at Cerner, which was not an attitude I expected to have. Very happy that I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is your process when tackling a research project?   Answer Question