Cerner Velocity Business Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of two, 30-minute one-on-one sessions. Mostly behavioral questions and a couple of questions about database experience (not required but prior experience is always helpful). Each interviewer had a required set of questions, but were very flexible if you wanted to skip a question and come back to it later to give you time to think.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you were asked to be a leader and you didn't want to be.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

First Interview: 30 minute phone interview from a recruiter. Asked questions about my resume and experience. Asked a few behavioral questions. STAR Questions After "passing" the first interview, I got a call from the recruiter saying I was invited to the next set of interviews. This is called the "Cerner Experience" The Cerner Experience consisted of a day of learning about Cerner. It also consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews. They said it would take 2 to 3 weeks. That was correct.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have received criticism. How did you take it? How did you act after the criticism?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negiation

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2011.

Interview

It was very simple and straightforward. I had a brief 20 minute phone interview and then visited campus to have 3 20-25 minute inteverviews with different people. Almost all of the questions were situational, such as: "Tell me about a time when you had a deal with a difficult co-worker or classmate." They are looking for very team oriented answers.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Business Velocity Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

I had a campus interview first, then I was invited to the Cerner Experience day which is an office visit. There we had two 30-minute interviews and learned more about the company and program.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had to give someone critical feedback.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I thought it was a fair offer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I was contacted by a recruiter to do a 1 on 1 interview at my college and after that I was called back that night to come in the next day for 2 more 30 min interviews. The interview questions are all behavioral in nature. In the first interview the interviewer asked me about 3 to 4 questions from the interview packet. The 2nd and 3rd interviews were a bit longer as each interviewer asked about 5 to 6 questions in relation to past behavior and experience. What was a little confusing to me is that during the whole process I was never interviewed by HR, only by current employees, and 2 out of 3 that interviewed me were not in a business role so they were not very helpful in answering some of my questions. After that I was invited down to KC to "Experience Cerner Day", which was confusing because there were 6 of us from my school who had already completed all 3 interviews and were basically there just to "be sold" on Cerner while there were students from other schools who still had 2 interviews to complete during the day. I was told by friends that if you pass all 3 interviews and are invited down then there is a pretty high chance you will be getting an offer. Overall it was a good experience and they have a very nice campus. I received a call the day after with an offer and have 2 weeks to decide.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

I found out about the position and applied for the position through my schools Career Center. I was accepted for an interview the week after applications closed. My interview was scheduled for the same week or the next week. My interview was on a Friday and I had on offer the next week. My interview was a part of the Experience Cerner Day (ECD) at the WHQ location in Kansas City. The day consisted of a presentation overview of the Velocity program, 3 - 30 minute (1:1) interviews, and a Q&A panel with former Velocity associates. They day went from 9am-Noon. There were about 12 people going through this process together. Be prepared to give SPECIFIC situational examples during the interview. Also, behavioral questions. They look for answers structured a little like this; an example, what you did in the situation, why you did it, and the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a team with a difficult team member.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were not recognized for you achievements or not gotten the attention you deserved.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not negotiate at all. Offer was firm. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2010.

Interview

I had applied online and maybe 1.5-2 months later I was contacted over the phone to schedule an interview. The phone interview was more of a description of the program rather than an interview and a date was scheduled (2 weeks later) for me to fly to Kansas City, MO on the company's expense. The interview process itself took 2 days. On the first I flew in and on the second was the interview. They place you with about 15 other candidates and start off with a 30 min intro about the program which is basically a rotation program after which you are placed into a function (accounting/finance/HR/etc) based on business need so don't be fooled by the job title. After that we had 3 one-on-one interviews back to back of about 30 mins each. All behavioral questions. It ended with a Q&A session with recent recruits for us to ask any questions we had.

Interview Questions

• Tel me about a time a project/assignment did not go your way and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to do some research into accounting or finance for a business or personal need. How did you go about doing it and what was the result   Answer Question

Velocity Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner in October 2009.

Interview

I first got to know Cerner through a mock interview, which is what made me want to sign up to do a real interview at my university. All of the interviewers were really nice people who were willing to answer all of my questions. The questions they asked me were fairly straightforward behavior/outcome type questions.