Cerner Velocity Business Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stillwater, OK
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cerner in November 2010.

They start out with a screening call like most companies. After that you will go into a multiple round interview session with different team members (could be HR, Engineer, consultant depending on who volunteered to help with recruiting). These initial interviews consist of mainly behavioral questions that they are given and it is more important to connect with them at this point and not make any big mistakes. The final round is in KC where you will meet with HR and get the Cerner Tour. Here the questions are behavioral again with some questions around specific experiences. I was given my offer at the end of this visit but I do not believe they do that anymore.

Interview Questions
  • Cover your basic behavioral questions and you will be fine (e.g. what is a difficult work situation and how did you overcome it)   View Answer
Due to # of new hires a month there is not much negotiating room. The most I have heard of was 3000 difference

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in February 2011.

I interviewed through the career fair at my university. Cerner came to my campus and conducted the interview process there. I was required to submit a résumé beforehand.
         When I arrived at the interview location I was asked to have a seat in a waiting room for my interviewer. After about twenty minutes, my interviewer arrived and chaperoned me to a smaller room in which the interview was to be conducted. Once we got there the interviewer proceeded to put me at ease by making small talk. The entire process was relatively laid back and I never once felt uncomfortable. From that point on, I was asked various questions concerning my experiences dealing with groups of people, overcoming adversity, affectively communicating ideas, and the like. I was also read a list of software programs that Cerner employees are required to utilize on a daily basis. Of these programs I was asked to identify the ones I was familiar with and to communicate my proficiency with the software. I was given a scale starting with the phrase "Not Applicable" and moving all the way up to "Expert" to denote my competence level.
         After the interview process was complete I was led back to the waiting room where a Cerner recruiter gave me a "debrief". This entailed answering any further questions I had as well as providing me with contact information I needed to continue the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an incident in which you had to convey bad news to a superior. How did you handle the situation? How did your superior respond?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with a diverse group of individuals to meet a common goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in August 2010.

Series of three separate interviews each lasting approximately a half hour. The interviewers each had three pages of questions, each page had approximately 3-4 questions. Two of the interviewers selected one or two questions, the third asked all the questions listed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have come up with a solution to a problem and it was in fact not the best solution and what was the optimal solution.   Answer Question

Velocity Business Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in November 2010.

My interview process consisted of a 30 minute on campus interview, which was followed by a 2 day "Experience Cerner Event". That event was held in Kansas City, where they took us out to eat and meet some current employees. The following morning I had two 30 minute interviews with two separate employees, and then received a tour of headquarters. The interviews were all behavioral and they touched a little on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Give us a time where you had to communicate bad news to a superior.   Answer Question

Velocity Business Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in February 2011.

I only did one, one-to-one interview. Very basic questions. Situation,Task, Action, Results. Mostly behavioral and getting to know you. Got the interview through my campus recruiting office. Very easy to talk to. Seemed like the job would be a lot of work but interesting. The recruiters raved about the campus in Kansas City.

Interview Questions

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!