Cerner Velocity Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

2.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Velocity Consultant Interview

Cerner Experience Day - Great tour of the city, good restaurant, tour of campus. They give you two, 30 minute interviews, both behavioral. Pretty laid back and easy.

Interview Questions
  • Something along the lines of "Describe a situation where you had to change someone's outlook"   Answer Question

Other offers

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cerner in March 2011.

Behavioral Interview questions. Nothing technical.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to go out of your comfort zone   View Answer

Other opportunities

Anonymous Employee  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cerner in November 2010.

The process consisted of a few interviews on campus followed by 2 or three more at Cerner's Kansas City headquarters. Everyone that I spoke with was very nice but the complete lack of career ownership was a big turnoff. You bascially sign on to join Cerner and they put you wherever they want or need you after the initial training. It is probably a good system for people who have no idea what they want but I wanted more input into my career progression. All of the interviews were standard behavioral questions, none of which were difficult or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a difficult group project to complete and what steps did you take to complete it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in April 2010.

The interview is fairly simple, it is very important to bring your personality to the interview and to go into details with your answers. Cerner for this position is very behavioral focused, so the only types of questions I got during the interviewing process was strictly behavioral.

Also, there is a video online on youtube on how to be good at the interview, I would recommend looking at it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you were dissatisfied with an outcome. Tell me a time when you were satisfied   View Answer
    • How do go about working in a group/team environment?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with a recent problem?   Answer Question
    • Look up behavior questions and answer all of them before entering the room. There is a high probability you will be asked those questions   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, I really liked the company and the offer they gave was really good.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!