Cerner Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2014

2.6

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Several weeks after submitting a resume, I was called by a recruiter and invited to Kansas City for an interview. We toured the headquarters, learned about the company, and then had 3 separate one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
  • They mostly ask about previous experiences. Behavioral based.   Answer Question
Did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner.

I didn't make it very far in the interview process. The lady that interviewed me seemed very uninterested abad unfriendly. I have friends that work for Cerner and absolutely hate working there.

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied online and then had a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes with about four behavioral questions. Then had two in person interviews. Both were 45 minutes and continually was asked behavioral questions. The interviewers seemed to look for someone who was able to keep a conversation going and think quick on their feed.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a problem that you overcame with little to no knowledge of the situation or how to solve it beforehand   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by an interview at headquarters in Kansas City. (Travel and hotel were paid for). Three 1:1 interviews with different managers who read behavioral-based interview questions off of a piece of paper. You get lunch in the cafeteria and a tour of the campus, followed by presentations from recruiting and panel interviews of current employees in various roles.

Interview Questions
    • None- most were pretty standard questions about experiences with good and bad co-workers, how you solve problems, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

It was very relaxed and was a great opportunity to sit down with various employers and get to know the company. It is about interviewing them just as much as interviewing you. It was two interviews with 2 different people, each at 30 minutes. There were no assessments and you also got to ask questions to other employers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you adopted technology to solve a problem at work or school.   Answer Question

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Phone interview was easy. Experience Cerner day was an adventure!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in November 2013.

Contacted by Recruiter after submitting application online and at campus career fair. Phone interview consisted of about 3-4 behavioral questions and conversation. The phone interview was thirty minutes and at the end of it, I was told that I would be invited to an Experience Cerner Day (ECD) at the World Headquarters in Kansas City, MO. These happen on Fridays during the fall and spring recruiting season. I flew out on a Thursday and had a tour of Kansas City with a group of about 25 other candidates. There then was a dinner with a current employee. After dinner, the consultants stay and talk with the recruiters about the applicants. I would advise just to be yourself at the dinner and talk freely with others. The next morning we were taken on a shuttle from the hotel to Cerner's HQ. There was a brief overview of the company followed by two forty-five minute interviews with current Cerner employees. Honestly, some of the employees did not even know that they were interviewing candidates that day. They had my resume in hand but I could tell that they had not read it over and that they were not really comfortable interviewing people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were in a conflict with someone who didn't see your way of thinking.   Answer Question

The Cerner offer is great, but I had received much higher offers from other companies. The amenities at Cerner are great, but I feel that they can compensate their employees more.

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Very vague, never answered questions about the roles or the structure of Cerner when in fact there are different organizations within the company that have different functions. They are not allowed to mention the parking situation or location of work. Basically a sorting hat that is randomized.

Interview Questions
    • If you can show that you'll do any job and are willing to work lots of hours for only 40 hours pay (overnight shifts, weekends) then you will probably be hired since they want people who are "agile". If you have specific interests or experience, don't expect that you will be able to do that until you give almost 2 years of your life doing what they need someone to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

After applying over the internet, I was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview that took place a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic questions about my resume and behavioral questions. After the phone interview I was offered an in person interview at the World Headquarters in Kansas City. This portion of the interview process consisted of two different interviews, both lasting 30 minutes. Basic behavioral and technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you felt overburdened and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

If you're form out of state, they will fly you into Kansas City, MO. The interview felt very casual and not overly intimidating and stiff as most interviews are.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to manage more than one thing at once? How did you prioritize your work?   View Answer
    After two weeks, they called and offered me the job. The only issue is they would want you to start right away. In my case I had to fly into Kansas City in two week notice.