Cerner Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2015
Updated Jan 31, 2015

2.5

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and about two weeks I got an email to set up a phone interview, got a phone call interview the next week. The whole interview lasted about 30 minutes, interview wasn't hard basic HR questions and one STAR question then mostly talked about the company. Told about travel requirements and the next step in interview. Also talked about what each branch is responsible for. Wasn't a hard interview at all very friendly and easy to talk to

Interview Questions

• Time I face a complicated situation how did I solve it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

Interview

Received an email a day after I applied online. Set up an interview the next week. It was very short. Not very friendly and she only asked one question at the end.

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Interview

Several weeks after submitting a resume, I was called by a recruiter and invited to Kansas City for an interview. We toured the headquarters, learned about the company, and then had 3 separate one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• They mostly ask about previous experiences. Behavioral based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I didn't make it very far in the interview process. The lady that interviewed me seemed very uninterested abad unfriendly. I have friends that work for Cerner and absolutely hate working there.

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Applied online and then had a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes with about four behavioral questions. Then had two in person interviews. Both were 45 minutes and continually was asked behavioral questions. The interviewers seemed to look for someone who was able to keep a conversation going and think quick on their feed.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a problem that you overcame with little to no knowledge of the situation or how to solve it beforehand   Answer Question

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by an interview at headquarters in Kansas City. (Travel and hotel were paid for). Three 1:1 interviews with different managers who read behavioral-based interview questions off of a piece of paper. You get lunch in the cafeteria and a tour of the campus, followed by presentations from recruiting and panel interviews of current employees in various roles.

Interview Questions

• None- most were pretty standard questions about experiences with good and bad co-workers, how you solve problems, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Interview

It was very relaxed and was a great opportunity to sit down with various employers and get to know the company. It is about interviewing them just as much as interviewing you. It was two interviews with 2 different people, each at 30 minutes. There were no assessments and you also got to ask questions to other employers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you adopted technology to solve a problem at work or school.   Answer Question

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview was easy. Experience Cerner day was an adventure!

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed in vote to an experiencing cerner day. Experiencing cerner consisted of a tour of the city, tour of the facility, free diner and lunch at the facilities cafe. Then there were a few presentations and two behavioral interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had a challenging task ahead how did you prepare for it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiations

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter after submitting application online and at campus career fair. Phone interview consisted of about 3-4 behavioral questions and conversation. The phone interview was thirty minutes and at the end of it, I was told that I would be invited to an Experience Cerner Day (ECD) at the World Headquarters in Kansas City, MO. These happen on Fridays during the fall and spring recruiting season. I flew out on a Thursday and had a tour of Kansas City with a group of about 25 other candidates. There then was a dinner with a current employee. After dinner, the consultants stay and talk with the recruiters about the applicants. I would advise just to be yourself at the dinner and talk freely with others. The next morning we were taken on a shuttle from the hotel to Cerner's HQ. There was a brief overview of the company followed by two forty-five minute interviews with current Cerner employees. Honestly, some of the employees did not even know that they were interviewing candidates that day. They had my resume in hand but I could tell that they had not read it over and that they were not really comfortable interviewing people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were in a conflict with someone who didn't see your way of thinking.   Answer Question

The Cerner offer is great, but I had received much higher offers from other companies. The amenities at Cerner are great, but I feel that they can compensate their employees more.