Cerner Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2014

2.6

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cerner in February 2010.

I first had a phone screen with a recruiter, then had a behavioral phone interview with an employee, then Cerner flew me out to KC for half a day of interviews (3 - 30 min. interviews with mid-level Cerner employees). Everyone was very enthusiastic and Cerner made sure to let the group of candidates know not to think of the people sitting next to us as competition, but as potential co-workers.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to do something out of the ordinary to achieve a goal for your team.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in October 2010.

2 Day process. Dinner the night before, and 2 interviews on Day 2 with a tour of the facility

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you underachieved on a project.job?   View Answer

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in December 2010.

Phone Interviews, 3 rounds of 30 minute interviews on 1 day, stated decision would be made within 2 weeks. The interviews are purely behavioral. They ask you to use the STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result). Prepare by reviewing your education and work history. Think of situations that are good examples of behaviors (teamwork, adaptability, drive, etc.). Use the job description and others like it, to figure out what might be desired behaviors. Think of situations that can be adaptable to illustrate several behaviors. The more the better, but 5-10 should cover the number of questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with little direction.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a team members decision.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The terms were fair, and the organization appears to have fairly standardized compensation packages.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Cerner in February 2011.

There were eight of us all interviewing for the same position. It started out with a very thorough presentation describing the job role. About half of us were taking notes and they allowed notes into the interviews. After the presentation we had three back-to-back-to-back interviews. The first interviewer I had asked a couple questions that were worded in a ridiculous manner, but for the most part the questions were very basic STAR questions. After the three interviews we were brought back into the presentation room where there were two former Velocity Delivery Consultants for questions about the job role, the company or anything else anyone chose to talk about (this part was very open and informal). After this we were sent on our way. Everyone I met was incredibly nice.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you were involved in a sensitive situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in April 2011.

They called me with 2 phone interviews then flew me in for a experience cerner day. We had a group discussion panel afterwards and out we go back to the airport. The interviewers puts you at ease so everything seems calm. Great experience though.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you had to go against authority.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in May 2011.

I was notified via email that I was accepted for an on campus interview where I met with a campus recruiter and an employee from the field. I was then contacted two weeks later by the recruiter and asked to come on campus for a visit. The visit consisted of two 1:1 interviews that were all behavioral questions. I was originally told that I would be having three interviews; during the time of my third interview I sat in the room with nothing to do for 30 minutes because no one showed up. I was then taken to a large room with a panel of recent hires who shared their experience with the company. I thought the interview went very well....

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were on a team and they failed to follow through with their commitments to you, how did you handle this situation?

Were you able to complete the task?
        Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you failed at a business related task, how did you handle this situation and notify a superior?   Answer Question
    • What do you do for fun?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2011.

They found my resume in Careerbuilder, and wanted to follow up on me. The initial phone call had an impromptu interview which I wasn't prepared for. They were not hard questions of the behavioral variety. Next, they invited to fly me out to an interview day at the HQ in Kansas City, where I have 3 more interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you have to solve a problem with limited resources.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had two conflicting tasks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cerner in October 2011.

I had 3 1:1 interviews with Cerner. All were behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you weighed the pros and cons of a situation and chose not to act because of those pros and cons?   Answer Question

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Cerner in December 2010.

Cerner is very proactive about bringing people into their company whether you are a college grad or a careered or coming from clinical background. After my phone interview (they waited til closer to graduatation date or the time you are readily available to come in) was conducted within 30 minutes, just a basic overview of your skill sets and experience that you have bring to the table. Then when they do like you, they will try to schedule you a time to FLY you into Kansas City to do face to face interview with atleast three people who are KC based or depending on the specific jobs they may schedule interivew with someone that you are applying for. Hotels, meals and transportation are included. When they flew me over, they had a driver to pick me up from the airport and personally took me to the hotel (Westin Crown Center) to get my room the NIGHT BEFORE my interview (one night stay). The interview process tend to be held in a group where my cohort joined me in a large meeting room with seat assignments. They kicked off with what Cerner is all about, the history and service offered. Program overview and what positions we are to engage in if we are hired/accept the job. THEN they set you with three 30 minute interview session with three different people from the organization which you have applied for. Then they wrap it up with a panel of employee who are hired and went through the similar velocity program for questions and answers about the general life of KC, job itself and how they are feeling about it.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you why they should hire you, and what can you bring to the table.   View Answer
    • Most questions are pretty generic and something that you can produce if you have plenty of mock interview that are technical focus and be sure to provide a lot of examples and results   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in November 2011.

I first applied online and received a call from someone HR who asked me a few questions about my resume. Then she said she wanted to schedule a phone interview (even though that felt like it was one). A week later I had the phone interview with someone in HR and they asked me very weird behavioral questions (tell me about a time you had to adjust a client's expectations... I'm in college, I don't have clients!). I had gotten about three hours of sleep the night before and thought I totally bombed the interview but apparently not because I was asked to come to the final round in Kansas City.

The night before, we were taken on a tour of the city which I was surprisingly impressed with. It's more of a city than I pictured and they have done some great things in recent years to spruce it up. Then we had a very nice dinner but seats were assigned and I ended up sitting next to some awkward people.

The next day you are given an iPad to play with and given a couple of presentations on both Cerner and the role. There is also a panel with people in the role. You will have 3 1:1 interviews with employees in different areas with standard behavioral/resume walkthrough questions. You will also get a tour of campus and lunch at the cafeteria.

A week later I received an offer with a starting salary of $48,000 for the position.

Overall Cerner seemed like a very nice place to work. They have an on-site gym and clinic as well as daycare. They are very health oriented so there are weight loss challenges and incentives within the company. However, it seemed like the employees worked too hard and they were constantly making excuses for this.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to adjust a client's expectations   Answer Question

I received a higher offer ($60,000) from Epic for the same sort of position and it also seemed like a more fun place to work.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!