Cerner

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in January 2012.

Interview Details – My first interview was a phone interview, with very basic questions, mostly protocol related questions. We then proceeded to schedule a skype interview for my second interview since I was still in school and lived out of state. The skype interview was three rounds of interviews with different people with more behavioral based questions, not super hard but required some thought. Make sure to be as specific as possible when answering these questions because they want actual scenarios.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was a question about handling a change at work and how I adapted to it. Since I was working mostly basic jobs throughout college I had a hard time initially thinking of a specific situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me what I expected and a relocation package, so I was pleased.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – Was impressed by how quickly Cerner got back to me for a phone interview. They quickly offered to fly me out, but then decided it would be too expensive. I did two skype interviews instead.

Interview Question – Started with behavioral questions in first interview, then the second interview was about resume.   Answer Question

Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview. Very easy going. Next came a Cerner Day. Jumped into interviews immediately, had lunch, and toured the campus. Ended day with a panel of Cerner associates.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you implemented change and how did the results turn out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered more than I indicated.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

Interview Details – There is a two interview process at Cerner. A lot of the questions were behavior type information but they were very weird.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you did not feel like you were not emotional supported by your coworkers or teammates?   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant

I applied online - interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Interview Details – One phone interview, Two in-person interviews

Interview Question – Tell me about the healthcare industry.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner.

Interview Details – The application online claims to be a "Velocity Professional Services Consultant" but the job is for an delivery consultant. The interview iteself is pretty easy.

1st - screening with campus recruiter. Questions asked include tell me about yourself and tell me a time you made a decision with little information.

2nd - they gave me the option to fly out to KC or do two skype interviews. I choose to fly out to KC, which includes a tour of KC the first night, the second day includes 2 1:1 interviews, then a tour of campus and a lot of presentations about Cerner.

Questions asked in both interviews are based off a pre-written sheet the interviewers are supposed to ask questions from. They then take notes on it. All questions are situational (tell me a time...). They basically the same question over and over again, so have many situations thought up in your mind. Use the STAR method as that is exactly what they are looking for (the interviewer even told me at the beginning of my interview)

Interviewed on a Friday. Received an offer on Monday. 50k, 4 grand signing/relocation.

Interview Question – Typical ones (tell me a time you worked with someone difficult, tell me a time things didn't go as expected, tell me a time you worked in a group to accomplish something.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – offer low, even for entry level. Based on the tour, it sounds like all decisions are what you do after training are based on "business need" which can mean anything. One person I talked to at the dinner they set up for us started in this position, but because of "business need" she was turned into a sales person.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cerner in February 2014.

Interview Details – After meeting with a representative of Cerner at my university's career fair I was contacted and asked to give a list of times I was available for a phone interview to "briefly discuss this opportunity". I was expecting a short informational interview, but it was about 40 minutes with full behavioral questions (which I did not expect, and honestly was not very prepared for). Though I had a fantastic experience talking with the analyst that I visited with on my college campus, my interaction with the recruiter over the phone felt very awkward and I did not expect an offer as we just could not get a good conversation going at all. If they contact you for an interview, just be prepared to fully answer behavioral questions and give very specific examples for the two questions listed below.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Cerner

Interview Details – After an online application I was contacted by HR, had a phone interview several days later, then was invited to Experience Cerner Day, E.C.D had around 12 other interviewers, and I was then interviewed by 2 different Cerner Employees

Interview Question – Tell me something negative about yourself.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was incredibly laid-back and easy. The entire process only took about 2 weeks. There was an initial phone interview, where at the end I was invited down to Experience Cerner Day for a second round. Flew down the night before and had a great dinner with executives. The interview day consisted of standard presentations, 2 half hour interviews, and an informal Q and A panel. I received a call in 5 days with an offer.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at the Career Fair on my University's campus in Mid-September, and the first week of October they emailed me and invited me to the Experience Cerner Day. I went for the 2 day interview in mid-October with about 30 other students. The first afternoon we went on a tour of Kansas City, and then went back to the hotel for a laid back dinner. There were several Cerner employees there who were nice and answered any questions we had. The next day we went to the World Headquarters and had two 20-30 minute interviews. They weren't too hard, and the interviewers were very laid back, and friendly. Afterwards, we toured the headquarters, had a few overviews of the company, and lunch. I received a call exactly one week after my interview with a job offer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to teach someone how to use a new piece of technology?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. They offered me more than I originally asked for.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!