Cerner Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2015
Updated Mar 5, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cerner in February 2015.

Pleasant, and a very accommodating. On Thursday (Feb 26), we were taken on a tour of Kansas City, MO, followed by a dinner at the Hilton in downtown KC. Most interviewees stayed at the Sheraton, but i am a KC native so I didn't need that accommodation. On Friday, we were to be at Cerner for the interviews and Experience Cerner day. There were 2 30 minute interviews, that were relatively relatively low stress if you came prepared. In all, a great experience.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were behavior based (so be prepared well in advance for "describe a time when" questions).   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in February 2015.

First had a phone interview asking to explain my resume and one behavioral question regarding what I would do in a certain situation. Was immediately invited for an interview on site for the following week. Was flown up for the onsite interview and put in a nice hotel for the night. Had a tour of the city the night before the interviews and a dinner with some current employees. The day of the interview had two back to back thirty minute interviews with current employees that asked all behavioral questions. Interviewed on a Friday heard back on a Tuesday so very fast turn around.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Behavioral questions... Tell me about a time when...?

View Answer
    No offered me 47,000

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Went to a information session at school. Submitted my resume at a career fair. Heard from a recruiter a month later. Had an initial phone interview (how you heard about them, why the health care field, one or two behavioral questions). Got invited to Experience Cerner day, but I chose the Skype interviews because it was during finals. Exactly two weeks after my interview I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a professor/someone at work give you two conflicting demands.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner.

This was an easy and straightforward interview. I submitted my resume and cover letter online and was asked to do a phone interview with a member of HR. After that, I had two back to back 30 min interviews with Cerner employees in similar or previously similar positions. I was offered the position 3 days later and given the opportunity to fly out and visit Kansas City and the Cerner headquarters.

Interview Questions
    • Why Cerner (over other companies/places--the interviewer knew I had been through many other interviews that week)?   Answer Question

I received another offer at a similar time with a shorter, non-flexible deadline that had a higher salary and was for a position I was more interested in.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

I applied online through www.cerner.com and I received an email from a senior recruiter the very next day. Via email communication, we set up my phone interview which was about a week later (based on my availability) and it only lasted about 15 minutes. Within about a week I received a phone call inviting me to "Explore Cerner day". Explore Cerner day consists of two days. The first day is a tour of the city followed by a very nice dinner at a beautiful restaurant where you are able to meet and discuss the company with current associates. The following day, we had a early morning presentation immediately followed by two separate interviewers. After the interview we had another presentation followed by lunch on campus. After lunch there were three associates who came in and we had the opportunity to have a panel discussion. About a week and a half later I received an offer letter. This was more than my requested starting salary, so I was pleased.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Got recruiter contact at campus recruiting event. Had an initial 30 minute phone interview. When to KC for two 30 minute interviews at world headquarters.

Interviews contained a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most technical problem you've had to solve?   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Was invited out to Kansas City for experience Cerner day. They put me in a very nice hotel and treated us all well. About 20 candidates applying for the same position. Went on 2 30 minute interviews followed by a tour of campus.

Interview Questions
    • What's a time that you were not emotionally supported by a co-worker?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Basic phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Went in for 2 30 minute interviews a month after phone interview. Most questions asked in the face to face interview were questions posted on glassdoor reviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't feel emotionally supported by a team member or coworker   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

Met them at a University Career Fair, sent in an application, received an immediate invitation to come to "experience day", where we were put up in a hotel, given dinner, breakfast and lunch, a tour of Kansas City, and then asked to do 2 30-minute interviews, where I was asked 4 different behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to teach someone something.   View Answer
    Very little negotiation, they hire quite a few entry-level people for this position.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied online and was e-mailed to set up a phone interview, finished the phone interview and set up an in-person tour of the Headquarters in Kansas City and interviews to take place during visit. Still in the process of interviewing. Arrived at World Headquarters to have presentations, two 1:1 interviews, lunch, tour of the headquarters, and then send everyone on their way. As other posts have stated, recruiters state that it will be within two weeks that you'll hear of a decision from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to come up with an innovative solution with little or no direction   View Answer