Cerner

2.5

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner.

This was an easy and straightforward interview. I submitted my resume and cover letter online and was asked to do a phone interview with a member of HR. After that, I had two back to back 30 min interviews with Cerner employees in similar or previously similar positions. I was offered the position 3 days later and given the opportunity to fly out and visit Kansas City and the Cerner headquarters.

Interview Questions
  • Why Cerner (over other companies/places--the interviewer knew I had been through many other interviews that week)?   Answer Question

I received another offer at a similar time with a shorter, non-flexible deadline that had a higher salary and was for a position I was more interested in.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

I applied online through www.cerner.com and I received an email from a senior recruiter the very next day. Via email communication, we set up my phone interview which was about a week later (based on my availability) and it only lasted about 15 minutes. Within about a week I received a phone call inviting me to "Explore Cerner day". Explore Cerner day consists of two days. The first day is a tour of the city followed by a very nice dinner at a beautiful restaurant where you are able to meet and discuss the company with current associates. The following day, we had a early morning presentation immediately followed by two separate interviewers. After the interview we had another presentation followed by lunch on campus. After lunch there were three associates who came in and we had the opportunity to have a panel discussion. About a week and a half later I received an offer letter. This was more than my requested starting salary, so I was pleased.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Got recruiter contact at campus recruiting event. Had an initial 30 minute phone interview. When to KC for two 30 minute interviews at world headquarters.

Interviews contained a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most technical problem you've had to solve?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Was invited out to Kansas City for experience Cerner day. They put me in a very nice hotel and treated us all well. About 20 candidates applying for the same position. Went on 2 30 minute interviews followed by a tour of campus.

Interview Questions
    • What's a time that you were not emotionally supported by a co-worker?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Basic phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Went in for 2 30 minute interviews a month after phone interview. Most questions asked in the face to face interview were questions posted on glassdoor reviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't feel emotionally supported by a team member or coworker   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied online and was e-mailed to set up a phone interview, finished the phone interview and set up an in-person tour of the Headquarters in Kansas City and interviews to take place during visit. Still in the process of interviewing. Arrived at World Headquarters to have presentations, two 1:1 interviews, lunch, tour of the headquarters, and then send everyone on their way. As other posts have stated, recruiters state that it will be within two weeks that you'll hear of a decision from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to come up with an innovative solution with little or no direction   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Was impressed by how quickly Cerner got back to me for a phone interview. They quickly offered to fly me out, but then decided it would be too expensive. I did two skype interviews instead.

Interview Questions
    • Started with behavioral questions in first interview, then the second interview was about resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

First was a phone interview. Very easy going. Next came a Cerner Day. Jumped into interviews immediately, had lunch, and toured the campus. Ended day with a panel of Cerner associates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you implemented change and how did the results turn out.   Answer Question
    They offered more than I indicated.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in April 2014.

Super laid back. Interviews were given by two current managers within Cerner. Basic STAR questions. The day of the interview included a tour of Cerner World Headquarters, lunch with other applicants, informational presentations, and the interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

The application online claims to be a "Velocity Professional Services Consultant" but the job is for an delivery consultant. The interview iteself is pretty easy.

1st - screening with campus recruiter. Questions asked include tell me about yourself and tell me a time you made a decision with little information.

2nd - they gave me the option to fly out to KC or do two skype interviews. I choose to fly out to KC, which includes a tour of KC the first night, the second day includes 2 1:1 interviews, then a tour of campus and a lot of presentations about Cerner.

Questions asked in both interviews are based off a pre-written sheet the interviewers are supposed to ask questions from. They then take notes on it. All questions are situational (tell me a time...). They basically the same question over and over again, so have many situations thought up in your mind. Use the STAR method as that is exactly what they are looking for (the interviewer even told me at the beginning of my interview)

Interviewed on a Friday. Received an offer on Monday. 50k, 4 grand signing/relocation.

Interview Questions
    • Typical ones (tell me a time you worked with someone difficult, tell me a time things didn't go as expected, tell me a time you worked in a group to accomplish something.   Answer Question

offer low, even for entry level. Based on the tour, it sounds like all decisions are what you do after training are based on "business need" which can mean anything. One person I talked to at the dinner they set up for us started in this position, but because of "business need" she was turned into a sales person.