Cerner Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

2.5

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied online through their website. Submitted a resume and cover letter. Had a phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was asked about my resume, school, previous jobs. There were also a couple of general behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back from them about an in-person interview in Kansas City but I did not. Followed up twice via email and phone and never heard back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

So I applied online through Cerner's website. I sent my resume and cover letter and did not receive a response until about 2 weeks later. They asked for a phone interview which was quickly set up. This consists of basic HR questions - tell me about your current job, how did you hear about Cerner, are you interviewing anywhere else, are you legally able to work in the U.S., and where do you see yourself in 5 years. This lasted for about 15 minutes and it was over. The recruiter then asked me to send my college transcripts. 2 days later, I was asked to fly out for Experience Cerner Day which is 2 days long. The first day there's a tour of Kansas City and an overview of Cerner, then a dinner. It's all very relaxing and laid back. The next day, you get a tour of Cerner's campus and the interviews start. I had 2 back to back interviews with one interviewer. They are all behavioral/STAR questions and you just have to use the experiences you have. The interviews are to last 30 minutes but both of mine went over time. They just want to get to know you and see if you'd be a good fit. I received an offer about 3 business days after the interview (I needed an expedited answer though so I'm not sure if this is the norm) From beginning to end (applying online to receiving an offer) took a month and a few days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was very basic. It was simple background questions about my qualifications and experiences. The Experience Cerner Day (ECD) went very well. It was extremely laid back and relaxed. You have a quick overview of the company, interviews, lunch, and tour. To this day, I am still shocked I did not receive an offer. I had a 3.5+ GPA from a top ranked University in the Midwest. My interviewer even told me my interview went well. Cerner is the type of company where "It's who you know, not what you know." Overall, I was very impressed with the company, and also extremely glad I found a better opportunity for myself. From what I've been told, they work you to death.

Interview Questions

• Phone: Describe a time you had to teach someone something technical. ECD: Describe a time you had conflicting demands. Describe a time when you had to do something that went against the group you were working with. Describe a time when you implemented a change.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Pleasant, and a very accommodating. On Thursday (Feb 26), we were taken on a tour of Kansas City, MO, followed by a dinner at the Hilton in downtown KC. Most interviewees stayed at the Sheraton, but i am a KC native so I didn't need that accommodation. On Friday, we were to be at Cerner for the interviews and Experience Cerner day. There were 2 30 minute interviews, that were relatively relatively low stress if you came prepared. In all, a great experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavior based (so be prepared well in advance for "describe a time when" questions).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview asking to explain my resume and one behavioral question regarding what I would do in a certain situation. Was immediately invited for an interview on site for the following week. Was flown up for the onsite interview and put in a nice hotel for the night. Had a tour of the city the night before the interviews and a dinner with some current employees. The day of the interview had two back to back thirty minute interviews with current employees that asked all behavioral questions. Interviewed on a Friday heard back on a Tuesday so very fast turn around.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Behavioral questions... Tell me about a time when...?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No offered me 47,000

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Went to a information session at school. Submitted my resume at a career fair. Heard from a recruiter a month later. Had an initial phone interview (how you heard about them, why the health care field, one or two behavioral questions). Got invited to Experience Cerner day, but I chose the Skype interviews because it was during finals. Exactly two weeks after my interview I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a professor/someone at work give you two conflicting demands.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Austin, TX).

Interview

This was an easy and straightforward interview. I submitted my resume and cover letter online and was asked to do a phone interview with a member of HR. After that, I had two back to back 30 min interviews with Cerner employees in similar or previously similar positions. I was offered the position 3 days later and given the opportunity to fly out and visit Kansas City and the Cerner headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Why Cerner (over other companies/places--the interviewer knew I had been through many other interviews that week)?   Answer Question

I received another offer at a similar time with a shorter, non-flexible deadline that had a higher salary and was for a position I was more interested in.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online through www.cerner.com and I received an email from a senior recruiter the very next day. Via email communication, we set up my phone interview which was about a week later (based on my availability) and it only lasted about 15 minutes. Within about a week I received a phone call inviting me to "Explore Cerner day". Explore Cerner day consists of two days. The first day is a tour of the city followed by a very nice dinner at a beautiful restaurant where you are able to meet and discuss the company with current associates. The following day, we had a early morning presentation immediately followed by two separate interviewers. After the interview we had another presentation followed by lunch on campus. After lunch there were three associates who came in and we had the opportunity to have a panel discussion. About a week and a half later I received an offer letter. This was more than my requested starting salary, so I was pleased.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Interview

Got recruiter contact at campus recruiting event. Had an initial 30 minute phone interview. When to KC for two 30 minute interviews at world headquarters. Interviews contained a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most technical problem you've had to solve?   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Was invited out to Kansas City for experience Cerner day. They put me in a very nice hotel and treated us all well. About 20 candidates applying for the same position. Went on 2 30 minute interviews followed by a tour of campus.

Interview Questions

• What's a time that you were not emotionally supported by a co-worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.