Cerner Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Was invited out to Kansas City for experience Cerner day. They put me in a very nice hotel and treated us all well. About 20 candidates applying for the same position. Went on 2 30 minute interviews followed by a tour of campus.

Interview Questions
  • What's a time that you were not emotionally supported by a co-worker?   Answer Question
Did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Basic phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Went in for 2 30 minute interviews a month after phone interview. Most questions asked in the face to face interview were questions posted on glassdoor reviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't feel emotionally supported by a team member or coworker   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Applied online and was e-mailed to set up a phone interview, finished the phone interview and set up an in-person tour of the Headquarters in Kansas City and interviews to take place during visit. Still in the process of interviewing. Arrived at World Headquarters to have presentations, two 1:1 interviews, lunch, tour of the headquarters, and then send everyone on their way. As other posts have stated, recruiters state that it will be within two weeks that you'll hear of a decision from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to come up with an innovative solution with little or no direction   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Was impressed by how quickly Cerner got back to me for a phone interview. They quickly offered to fly me out, but then decided it would be too expensive. I did two skype interviews instead.

Interview Questions
    • Started with behavioral questions in first interview, then the second interview was about resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

First was a phone interview. Very easy going. Next came a Cerner Day. Jumped into interviews immediately, had lunch, and toured the campus. Ended day with a panel of Cerner associates.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you implemented change and how did the results turn out.   Answer Question
    They offered more than I indicated.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in April 2014.

Super laid back. Interviews were given by two current managers within Cerner. Basic STAR questions. The day of the interview included a tour of Cerner World Headquarters, lunch with other applicants, informational presentations, and the interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

The application online claims to be a "Velocity Professional Services Consultant" but the job is for an delivery consultant. The interview iteself is pretty easy.

1st - screening with campus recruiter. Questions asked include tell me about yourself and tell me a time you made a decision with little information.

2nd - they gave me the option to fly out to KC or do two skype interviews. I choose to fly out to KC, which includes a tour of KC the first night, the second day includes 2 1:1 interviews, then a tour of campus and a lot of presentations about Cerner.

Questions asked in both interviews are based off a pre-written sheet the interviewers are supposed to ask questions from. They then take notes on it. All questions are situational (tell me a time...). They basically the same question over and over again, so have many situations thought up in your mind. Use the STAR method as that is exactly what they are looking for (the interviewer even told me at the beginning of my interview)

Interviewed on a Friday. Received an offer on Monday. 50k, 4 grand signing/relocation.

Interview Questions
    • Typical ones (tell me a time you worked with someone difficult, tell me a time things didn't go as expected, tell me a time you worked in a group to accomplish something.   Answer Question

offer low, even for entry level. Based on the tour, it sounds like all decisions are what you do after training are based on "business need" which can mean anything. One person I talked to at the dinner they set up for us started in this position, but because of "business need" she was turned into a sales person.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

There is a two interview process at Cerner. A lot of the questions were behavior type information but they were very weird.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not feel like you were not emotional supported by your coworkers or teammates?   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner in February 2014.

After meeting with a representative of Cerner at my university's career fair I was contacted and asked to give a list of times I was available for a phone interview to "briefly discuss this opportunity". I was expecting a short informational interview, but it was about 40 minutes with full behavioral questions (which I did not expect, and honestly was not very prepared for). Though I had a fantastic experience talking with the analyst that I visited with on my college campus, my interaction with the recruiter over the phone felt very awkward and I did not expect an offer as we just could not get a good conversation going at all. If they contact you for an interview, just be prepared to fully answer behavioral questions and give very specific examples for the two questions listed below.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would train someone on a task.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to creatively solve a problem.   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

After an online application I was contacted by HR, had a phone interview several days later, then was invited to Experience Cerner Day, E.C.D had around 12 other interviewers, and I was then interviewed by 2 different Cerner Employees