Cerner

Updated Dec 29, 2014
Updated Dec 29, 2014

2.5

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

One phone interview, Two in-person interviews

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

There is a two interview process at Cerner. A lot of the questions were behavior type information but they were very weird.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not feel like you were not emotional supported by your coworkers or teammates?   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Basic phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Went in for 2 30 minute interviews a month after phone interview. Most questions asked in the face to face interview were questions posted on glassdoor reviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't feel emotionally supported by a team member or coworker   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Was invited out to Kansas City for experience Cerner day. They put me in a very nice hotel and treated us all well. About 20 candidates applying for the same position. Went on 2 30 minute interviews followed by a tour of campus.

Interview Questions
    • What's a time that you were not emotionally supported by a co-worker?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Was impressed by how quickly Cerner got back to me for a phone interview. They quickly offered to fly me out, but then decided it would be too expensive. I did two skype interviews instead.

Interview Questions
    • Started with behavioral questions in first interview, then the second interview was about resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in January 2012.

My first interview was a phone interview, with very basic questions, mostly protocol related questions. We then proceeded to schedule a skype interview for my second interview since I was still in school and lived out of state. The skype interview was three rounds of interviews with different people with more behavioral based questions, not super hard but required some thought. Make sure to be as specific as possible when answering these questions because they want actual scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was a question about handling a change at work and how I adapted to it. Since I was working mostly basic jobs throughout college I had a hard time initially thinking of a specific situation.   Answer Question
    They offered me what I expected and a relocation package, so I was pleased.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cerner in June 2013.

Started off with a 30 minutes phone interview and at the end of it they requested that I fly out to Kansas City to continue the interview process. They took care of all the travel arrangements and expenses and worked with your schedule. Once there they had two 30 minute interviews with us. We then did a tour of the facilities and the day was over.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to explain something very technical to somebody that had no technical background   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

I submitted an application online via their website. Three weeks later, I received an email for a phone interview. The questions were standard HR questions like if I was a legal resident. They then asked about education and work experience. They asked one situational based question and by the end of the call, they invited me to fly to KC, MO. They paid for flights, hotel and food. Everything was extremely organized and they kept to the itinerary the entire time. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. The in-person interview consisted of two, back to back, thirty minute interviews. You sat in an office and waited for the Cerner employee to enter. Basic interview questions. The first was behavioral type and the second was situational questions. They are one on one interviews. From there, they say you will hear back from them with an offer or not between 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you were a self-starter.
      Describe what you think a velocity consultant's role is.

Answer Question
    Didn't need to negotiate. They suggested a salary that was within my range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cerner in October 2013.

I met a recruiter at the Career Fair on my University's campus in Mid-September, and the first week of October they emailed me and invited me to the Experience Cerner Day. I went for the 2 day interview in mid-October with about 30 other students. The first afternoon we went on a tour of Kansas City, and then went back to the hotel for a laid back dinner. There were several Cerner employees there who were nice and answered any questions we had. The next day we went to the World Headquarters and had two 20-30 minute interviews. They weren't too hard, and the interviewers were very laid back, and friendly. Afterwards, we toured the headquarters, had a few overviews of the company, and lunch. I received a call exactly one week after my interview with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to teach someone how to use a new piece of technology?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate. They offered me more than I originally asked for.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cerner in February 2014.

After meeting with a representative of Cerner at my university's career fair I was contacted and asked to give a list of times I was available for a phone interview to "briefly discuss this opportunity". I was expecting a short informational interview, but it was about 40 minutes with full behavioral questions (which I did not expect, and honestly was not very prepared for). Though I had a fantastic experience talking with the analyst that I visited with on my college campus, my interaction with the recruiter over the phone felt very awkward and I did not expect an offer as we just could not get a good conversation going at all. If they contact you for an interview, just be prepared to fully answer behavioral questions and give very specific examples for the two questions listed below.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would train someone on a task.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you had to creatively solve a problem.   Answer Question