CertainTeed Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

3.2

Sales Administrative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CertainTeed.

phone interview, disc assessment and 3 hour interview with 5 different people. same amount of focus on interviews for entry level as with management positions. The whole process took approximately 4 weeks from initial contact.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation that didn't have a clear objective?   Answer Question

Purchasing Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CertainTeed in June 2014.

Filled out application on-line for position. Took them about 1-2 months to call me. Got an invite to virtual interview. Downloaded app for Interview Stream to phone. Signed on with password and got to first screen and app froze. This was the case with the whole process it was very frustrating. Was a total of 6 questions and a banner covered questions you really couldn't see whole question. I reloaded app and it crashed. Finally finished all questions (So I thought) and completed interview. Left message with HR person and he said oh the app for the phone doesn't work well. You need to use your computer and it needs to be an updated one or it will not work.

This is a way to weed out who they don't want. Who can afford an updated computer with all updated equipment if you don't have the money?

Plant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at CertainTeed.

Phone interview by hiring manager, face to face with HR and hiring manager and then final interviews with multiple higher level people.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing outside of the ordinary - BB questions   View Answer
    Extra week of vacation

Electrical Engineering Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CertainTeed in November 2013.

Talked to engineering nanager, HR rep, and plant manager in one day. Answered all of their questions and was given a tour of the plant by the maintenance manager, then another tour of their PLC equipment by the engineering manager.

Interview Questions
    • The usual questions: how do you manage stress, what do you see yourself doing in 5 years, salary questions, etc   Answer Question

Architectural Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Valley Forge, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CertainTeed in May 2009.

I received a phone call from a very nice person at CertainTeed headquarters in Valley Forge, PA. She talked to me about my background, my expectations of this job, etc. She also gave me a very good idea of what the hiring process was. After a couple of weeks, the same person called to set up a face-to-face interview with the area manager.
    I met the regional manager in the lobby of an area hotel. He was running a little late. Once we started talking, he asked about my experience selling to area architects. He also asked me in-depth about my current job duties. He explained very completely what the duties of this job entailed and explained that the final 3 people who were being considered would be flown to Valley Forge headquarters for an interview there. He also was very clear on the time line of filling the job.
    I did not hear from them about whether I was one of the 3 finalists. I finally phoned my initial contact in HR and found out that I was not among them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience influencing architects and contractors to buy your product.   Answer Question

Construction Science Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CertainTeed in January 2011.

I recently graduated. I was contacted by certainteed and asked if I would be interested in an interview for this position. We had a phone interview less than a week later. The interview was brief and ended with the hiring manager telling me that if I was hired, I would be required to attend 14 weeks of training in PA. After the training is over there is no guarantee of where in the country I would end up. I was reluctant to proceed after hearing that, however the next day I called back and told them that I was still willing to proceed with the opportunity. I was then asked to do a personality test online. After that, I did not hear anything back for about a month. Then I got a call and was told the position was filled.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to relocate anywhere in the country after training (and we cant tell you where you would possibly end up)?   View Answer