Certified Payment Processing

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

1.4

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Certified Payment Processing.

I applied and with in a hour they called back. I was very amazed at the expedient reply. The interviewer was very pleasant. I wish more interviews was completed in the same manner.

Interview Questions
    • They called to find out if I wanted to work apart of the team. They kind of explained that I would start working soon. There wasn't hard questions   Answer Question

Merchant Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Certified Payment Processing.

Spoke to a Recruiter and she explained the pay and job details. She sent me an email to sign up for training webinar from 9-3pm I have seen all the reviews so Im ready to test the waters to see how it works since I'll just be doing this part time.

MCS Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Certified Payment Processing in January 2014.

The interview process went very well I really enjoyed the sound of the job and the experience I would receive. The company offers great benefits and pay but you have to be that "stand-out" person and be willing to put in the effort to insure a great outcome. I am very excited about the opportunity!

Interview Questions
    • I really did not have a difficult question at all. He was kind of straight forward and I really liked that.   Answer Question

Sales Manager/Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Certified Payment Processing in January 2014.

In my case, they hired in the same day they do the interview. I completed the interview and was brought into HR to do the new hire paperwork in the first interview appointment. The interviewer was not honest in describing the position. The interviewer told me that a new sales manager would "go out in the field to do a few days of outside sales with an outside sales rep to get experience in the outside sales role." The truth was that we were sent out in the field on our own for 3 weeks with an outside sales quota to come back and complete the sales training for the team leader position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do want to work for our company? What makes you qualified to be a team leader with our company?   Answer Question
    They will post on job websites that the starting salary is $44,000 and offer you $39,000 when they offer you the job. Make sure that you ask for the $44,000 that is listed in the postings.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Certified Payment Processing in September 2013.

I applied to this position online and was contacted within a day. The phone interview was mostly a sales pitch, and I was asked to attend a webinar the next day for 6 hours at my home, on a conference call, on my dime. These were obvious red flags. After researching the company, reading the scam alerts, and checking with the BBB, (with whom they have an F rating and more consumer complaints than I have ever seen for one company) I retracted my bid for employment.

Interview Questions
    • There were almost no questions. The entire call was a marketing pitch.   View Answer

This company is not legitimate. No one hires an employee for a sales position sight-unseen.

Sales Manager/Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Certified Payment Processing in May 2013.

Pretty straight forward. If u have worked in a sales commission job, then u have been thru this interview before. The hr person I talkef to first was nice and honest. Then the national sm came in. I didn't like him, felt he was pushy and not an honest person. He was likely the bully growing up. He left the room and said the next person would be in, in a few min. 40 min later he came back and said since I was still there I could have th job. Very unprofessional. Luckly 2 days later I got an offer from a much better, more honest company. Be wary of these guys.

Interview Questions
    • Don't leave someone sitting there for 40 min as a test, Casey.   Answer Question

I went to the first day of training, just to make sure. I sold cars for 6 years, primarily used cars. When a used car salesman thinks something is sleezy, u have to wonder....

Merchant Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Certified Payment Processing in January 2013.

Applied online, Had one phone interview and was scheduled for online webinar/conference call training the next day. Had 3 appointments the day after but quit after I found out it was a scam, and I called the merchants to find out the appointments were fake.

Interview Questions
    100% commission promised but you will never see a dime. Steer clear.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Certified Payment Processing in February 2012.

I applied online and was contacted via telephone. I was immediately suspicious for two reasons.  First they didn't ask any tough questions. Second they offered me the job right away (I accepted at first).  When I got my first summer job as a cashiere the hiring process was more involved.

I have two degrees, thirteen years of consistent employment, but unfortunately live in the state with the worst unemployment. On account of this I have struggled to get simply get interviews with respectable corporations.  So when the job was offered to me right away I was suspicious. I did some research on the company and saw that there were a lot of complaints against them, most glaringly with the Better Buisness Bureau. After doing some more research (which I should have done before applying) I decided to call them back and not attend the online training.

Since I never worked for them I can't say for sure if this company takes advantage of employees. During my job search I have had countless offers from companies that are obviously running scams. In this case I just really wasn't sure what to make of CPP. I'm sure some people have found success in this position and I bare no ill will towards the company. However, living in such a small state I was not comfortable staking my reputation behind a company that seems to be so polarizing.

So if you still happen to be reading this long winded review (which I only started writing in order to get further access to reviews on glassdoor) the main message I wanted to deliver is make sure you do your homework before applying to a company. A lot of people in this economy like repeating the mantra "just be glad you have a job."  While this is largely true there are a lot of companies that are using that way of thinking to exploit people.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all very basic just a simple review of my resume, a brief job description, and a few more simple questions.   Answer Question

Wasn't sure if they were the right fit for my goals and financial obligations.

Regional Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Certified Payment Processing in August 2011.

they simply called me and asked about my sales experience. the training took place the following day, via the internet and a phone conference call. they say it is pre-planned appointments, but some of the reviews online have said that this is not true. we will find out tomorrow, when im am supposed to have my first set of appointments.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Certified Payment Processing in March 2011.

Be as confident as possible without coming off to cocky have a balance. If you show any type mental weakness you can forget about it, there is no place for that in that company you will get eating alive.

If you get offered a position as a team leader take it because they pay well, but it will be unlike any sales job that you have ever had trust me.