Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Certified Payment Processing
- Sales (3)
- Merchant Sales Consultant (3)
- Sales Manager/Team Leader (2)
- OUTSIDE SALES (1)
- Inside Sales Manager (1)
- Team Leader (1)
- Sales Representative (1)
- Regional Sales Representative (1)
- MCS (1)
Merchant Sales Consultant Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Certified Payment Processing (Carrollton, TX) in February 2015.
Applied online, spoke with 2 interviewers. The first gave me a dead website to check out the company. The second recruiter was very pleasant and answered all my questions. He seemed legitimate.
- Basic and the biggest question was "Are you willing to work for compensation?" There is no salary, expenses, or benefits to the position but after 90 days you can become an employee with benefits. When I asked about health insurance, the first interviewer said she had health insurance for herself and her husband and it only cost her about $50 a month. 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Certified Payment Processing
Merchant Sales Consultant InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Certified Payment Processing.
Spoke to a Recruiter and she explained the pay and job details. She sent me an email to sign up for training webinar from 9-3pm I have seen all the reviews so Im ready to test the waters to see how it works since I'll just be doing this part time.
Merchant Sales Consultant InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Certified Payment Processing in January 2013.
Applied online, Had one phone interview and was scheduled for online webinar/conference call training the next day. Had 3 appointments the day after but quit after I found out it was a scam, and I called the merchants to find out the appointments were fake.
- Are you willing to work for 100% commission? Answer Question
100% commission promised but you will never see a dime. Steer clear.