Cessna

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

2.8

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cessna.

Pretty Standard interview process. A phone HR interview was scheduled where they asked standard HR questions (why cessna?, why should we hire?, what are your interests? etc.) The second round consisted of a phone interview with the managers and supervisors (there were 4 of them I do not remember their titles). This was an hour and half long grilling, mostly concentrating on my experience. The third round was skype with three managers (again I don't know their exact roles or titles) which was a straight forward question answer session, questions were situation based which sounds easy but is actually very hard since whatever solution you come up with, might not be something they have in their minds.
    I would like to add that the first two interviews were not so good according to me, adn the last interview actually went well. But the result was exactly opposite. So if you are interviewing and your interviews don't go so well you actually might have a shot.
    This was one of my dream companies it is a shame I couldn't cash in the opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • How will you deal situations 1. bad employee 2. production system failure 3. new program integration   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Very standard interview process. Skype or phone interview only then offer. no second interview. Some behavioral questions and some standard interview questions; overall not too challenging compared to other interviews for internships.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral Question: "Name a time you had to sell something to people who weren't buying it"   Answer Question

Degreaser Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cessna.

first interview went smooth they called me back with offer within three days. Went through physical tests, went to work within a week. they were looking too fill the position quickly.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 week - interviewed at Wichita.
    They gave me the opportunity to meet CEO and senior VP in HR
    The whole process took one whole day but everything felt pretty rushed. In the end, they asked me to work with other two candiates to finish a group case study and presented our findings in front of them.

Engine Event Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Cessna in March 2014.

Multiple interview process. First informal phone interview, then formal Skype interview. Had technical difficulties with my skype interview so ended up having to take two.

If accepted, you have to pass a fully comprehensive physical and urine & hair drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to know a good deal about the company. Research their different products.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cessna.

My interview process went quicker than most. I met with Cessna reps at my college career fair and did a 30 minute interview that day with one of the recruiters. From there, I was extended an offer to fly to Wichita for an interview-weekend with other marketing candidates.

Once there, we spent the day working on an event-execution plan while each person presented an individual marketing plan to 6-10 people in the marketing/management departments. Questions were asked about our plan and marketing in general afterwards. After the interview day, we went to dinner with many of the people who had been at our interview earlier in the day. The following day we toured the Cessna factory and Wichita before flying out.

Interview Questions
    • Is qualitative or quantitative measurement more important?   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cessna.

Applied online, interviewed with HR then with several engineering managers. Took approximately 2 hrs. Never got a call back after two weeks till I called HR. Which they said they forgot to extend an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenging situation at previous employment and how I managed it.   Answer Question
    Was able to get 2 weeks of vacation up front.

Trade Compliance Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cessna in September 2013.

Applied online and received an interview request just over 3 weeks later. There were a couple somewhat unorthodox events during my interview, but all in all it was a pretty positive process. Questions were relatively standard. Cessna seems to like to ask the, "What are your weaknesses?" question so be prepared for that. Received the offer a little over a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked about the meaning of some acronyms which you likely wouldn't know if you didn't work in the trade compliance industry.   Answer Question

Salary offer was generous, but significantly lower than my current pay level. The benefits were also substantially less.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cessna in May 2013.

Went for an interview over the phone, and then was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • The only hard task to come across as is to really stand out during the online application phase.   Answer Question
    Contract offered, no negotiating salary

Entry Level Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cessna in April 2012.

The interview was normal nothing extra ordinary. The process was smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, pretty easy and straight forward.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Had to accept as it is.