Cessna

Updated Jul 21, 2014

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engine Event Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Cessna in March 2014.

Multiple interview process. First informal phone interview, then formal Skype interview. Had technical difficulties with my skype interview so ended up having to take two.

If accepted, you have to pass a fully comprehensive physical and urine & hair drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Be sure to know a good deal about the company. Research their different products.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cessna.

My interview process went quicker than most. I met with Cessna reps at my college career fair and did a 30 minute interview that day with one of the recruiters. From there, I was extended an offer to fly to Wichita for an interview-weekend with other marketing candidates.

Once there, we spent the day working on an event-execution plan while each person presented an individual marketing plan to 6-10 people in the marketing/management departments. Questions were asked about our plan and marketing in general afterwards. After the interview day, we went to dinner with many of the people who had been at our interview earlier in the day. The following day we toured the Cessna factory and Wichita before flying out.

Interview Questions
    • Is qualitative or quantitative measurement more important?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cessna in May 2013.

Went for an interview over the phone, and then was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • The only hard task to come across as is to really stand out during the online application phase.   Answer Question
    Contract offered, no negotiating salary

Entry Level Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cessna in April 2012.

The interview was normal nothing extra ordinary. The process was smooth.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, pretty easy and straight forward.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Had to accept as it is.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cessna in March 2012.

Got a call for an interview. Agreed on the date and time. They set up your hotel and flight and reimburse you for meals.

Interview started early in the morning. First thing they did was gave us a tour of the plant. Then HR talked about benefits and why you should work for Cessna. Then 1 on 1 interview with candidates, usually with an engineering manager or specialist. Then the HR person took us all to a nice lunch.

Job offer took around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you wanna work here?"
      "Why should we choose you over other candidates?"

View Answer
    • Behavioral questions (weakness, strength).   Answer Question
    It is generally not advisable to negotiate for new graduates. I can't speak for experienced engineers.

Government and International Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Cessna in February 2009.

I started by submitting my resume and cover letter in response to an listing on the NCMA (National Contracts Management Association) web site. This resulted in a telephone interview with an HR hiring specialist. The next step was a telephone interview with the hiring manager and her supervisor. The company then flew me to Wichita from Cincinnati for a round of interviews. I received a job offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Because this was for a government contracts position, they asked several specific questions relating to the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations).   Answer Question
    They gave me a fair offer and I accepted.

Industrial Engineer Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cessna in November 2008.

Behavior based interview. Talk about your strengths and weaknesses. Tell me about a time when you...

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cessna in January 2008.

telephone interview followed by a group/panel interview