ChaiONE

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.2

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ChaiONE.

I had an initial interview with a human resources assistant which asked the basics, then interviewed with the hiring manager. Everything was pretty straightforward as far as the process went, and eventually I was asked to come to the office for the final interview when I met with the hiring manager and another decision-maker.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty straightforward and I didn't find any question excessively difficult. I was asked to give examples of things that I'd done and how I got through difficult situations.   Answer Question

Mobile Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at ChaiONE.

Applied online, received a response back via e-mail with HR within a week, was asked to write a code sample to test technical knowledge of Objective-C which was later discussed during technical interview. Interview was a range of technical questions about iOS development with a senior developer. Formal job offer extended shortly after that.

Interview Questions
    • What are the different communication methods between classes in Objective-C?   View Answer

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ChaiONE.

I enjoyed the coding challenge, which asked me to design an app based on their specs to show my ability. For the in-house interview, I only met one software developer and the HR during the entire process, which seemed strange when most companies put me through 5 rounds. Without introducing me, I felt like I don't have a good feel for the company culture nor understand how they operate.

I had originally thought the salaries on Glassdoor were a mistake, but an offer of $50k for mobile dev is too embarrassingly low, especially when my alternative offers are literally double this salary.

Senior Rails Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at ChaiONE in February 2014.

One of their employee referred me to ChaiOne. They did not took my interview but they gave me coding challenge. Coding Challenge was pretty much Architect based type of questions instead of senior rails development questions. I completed it and submitted it. After submitting, HR kind of gave me salary range. Salary range was pretty low enough, in fact even lower then Entry Level salary. I backed off , regretted that I wasted my time completing coding challenge. I thought that they pay decent salary like mentioned on Glassdoor salaries.

I asked the employee the reason about low salary. Employee who referred me told me maybe because majority of their work are outsourced to other countries and get the job done for cheap. Their CEO are never in office and always having leisure vacation out of country most of the time. Only people get decent salary are the Directors and CEO. I rather works for standard service-based company like IBM, Accenture instead of this start-up service-based who only hire you for dirt cheap and outsourced outside USA.

Interview Questions

Very low salary. Outsourced.