Chainalytics

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chainalytics.

Interview Details – Interviewed with all the senior executives and questions were based on the past experience. The interview was straight forward and interviewed with people at all levels. More emphasis was based on the experience with different tools.

Interview Question – Questions on optimization work experience   Answer Question

Supply Chain Design Intern Interview

Supply Chain Design Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chainalytics.

Interview Details – Applied online through campus career website. Didn't hear back for a few weeks, but then received a phone call/email to set up a phone screen within the next couple of days. Phone screen only consisted of a few questions (rating my Access and Excel skills) and lasted about 5 minutes. Received a call and an email a few days afterwards to set up on site interviews. That day consisted of 4 one-on-one interviews with 2 Senior Managers, the Principal of the practice, and the Vice President of the practice. Most questions were behavioral but some were a little more technical/analytical (mainly asking questions about some different supply chain concepts). Heard back about an offer about a week later. Overall the process was very quick and everyone was very helpful.

Interview Question – Based on a given supply chain network, how would you determine which DC to use?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Flexible on start and end dates; didn't negotiate pay

Business Development Interview

Business Development

Interviewed at Chainalytics

Interview Details – Several phone interviews before in office interview.

Intern/Consultant Interview

Intern/Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chainalytics.

Interview Details – I was found by a CHAIN manager on linkedin and he found my experience to be very relevant to the practice I was interviewing for. We had a brief conversation with the usual experience, project discussions. I was called again by an HR and asked few verification questions as well as questions based on my resume. I cleared and was finally called to the main office in Atlanta. (Chain covered all my expenses as you would expect any top consulting firm to do). The interview consisted of 5 interviews, each ranging from 45 mins to 1 hr. I had a Senior Consultant, Manager, a Senior Manager, a Vice-President and the Business development head interview me.

The above was more on the methodology. On the interviews themselves, I felt they were very professional and well conducted. The interviews were designed so as to understand my prior experience/ projects/ skills/ critical reasoning and how well could I relate to the job description. Almost all 5 interviews were resume based with all of them asking me to walk them through my favourite projects, my accomplishments, my skills, my strengths, my understanding of the industry at hand. There was 1 interview with some critical reasoning questions and data analysis set on excel where I was required to do some pivot analysis. Both were easy and should not be a challenge for anyone who has worked on Excel before.

Overall, I got the idea that they were evaluating me as a person as most of these men had 15+ years of experience. They weren't behind my GPA , or doing any kind of stress tests or incredibly hard "supply chain" questions, but finding out my level of enthusiasm, my client-facing skills, if I was asking enough questions and weren't "stupid" or over the top. I felt valued and I was at ease during the whole interview as they made me feel that way.

Interview Question – A question on one of my projects where I was asked to explain the "Clustering Algorithm" which I had used to find similar products to be grouped together for a pricing and revenue management project. I was also asked to explain the "linear regression" method used in another project.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was done by the means of email. It was a back and forth between the HR and me for about a week wherein I outlined the reasons I should start with a better package. Some were valid and some were not, and the appropriate package was thus determined. Good experience overall.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Chainalytics in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the job through an ad I found online. I actually did not hear back from them for a few months - I thought the job had been filled. The first contact was via email and I was asked to work on a sample presentation and send it back for review. I then received a call for an in-person interview. I met with two people in the HR department, the Marketing Manager and one of the senior executives. It took about a month before the second interview was set up and in that interview I got to meet and interview with the CEO of the company. You are not shown around during the interview process - you only see the entrance lobby and the conference room where you are interviewed. Not long after the second interview, I was contacted and offered the job. I found everyone to be very kind and professional during the interview and hiring process. Definitely a good group of people.

Interview Question – What is your current salary?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The Director of Human Resources is a very easy person to work with and he does his best to take the stress out of the negotiation phase. And it was not held against you to ask questions and to negotiate what you seek in employment.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Chainalytics.

Interview Details – I met HR at a career fair on campus and talked at their booth. A few weeks later I had a quick 20-30 minute phone interview with one of their consultants. A few weeks later I was invited to their office for the second and final round interview. The on-site interview consisted of meeting with 5 people. The first was HR who gave an introduction to the company and what the rest of the interview would consist of. The second was a senior consultant who tested my Excel skills. The third was a senior manager who asked case study questions. Can't remember who the fourth guy was and the fifth was a VP who asked questions about my resume and myself in order to get to know me better.

Interview Questions

• Google has just unveiled that their self-driving car is ready to sell to the market. Consider that you are an advisor for Apple and recently the press and industry has been saying that Apple is no longer doing anything new or revolutionary and is going downshill. Would you advise Apple to start investing in their own self-driving iCar or would you advise them to start buying back their own stock? Why?   Answer Question
  • Audi has released a commercial that says more passengers are injured in BMWs than in Audis. As an advisor for BMW, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their offer was firm and they were not willing to negotiate upon request.

Transportation Intern Interview

Transportation Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Chainalytics.

Interview Details – 3 interviewer, one consultant, one senior consultant and one principal of the transportation department

Interview Question – Some technical questions about SQL and VBA.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chainalytics in March 2013.

Interview Details – It took about 2 weeks to get a phone interview with HR manager. It was a pre-qualification interview. The manager introduce the company and the job role. We briefly talked about my skills and experience. I will have another phone interview.

Interview Question – The interview questions are general.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chainalytics in April 2007.

Interview Details – I had 4 rounds of interview. First 2 rounds were consisted of checking my understanding of the supply chain domain. They asked some good conceptual questions on the work I did in my earlier job.
By the end of 2nd round they told me that they are interested to take it forward.

Last 2 round were more about my future aspirations and to check my fit in the company.

Interview Question – Technical questions around Optimization methods.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes one can expect to negotiate as per industry standards.

Worked for Chainalytics? Contribute to the Community!