Chainalytics Interview Questions

3.2

Supply Chain Operations Consultant Interview

Interview

The first round interview is a phone screen. The HR only asked three questions. 1. Why interested in the company? 2. Education background. 3. Skills. The HR also said that they will ask more about the experience and projects in the second round.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chainalytics (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Interviewed with all the senior executives and questions were based on the past experience. The interview was straight forward and interviewed with people at all levels. More emphasis was based on the experience with different tools.

Supply Chain Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Chainalytics (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Summary: Overall experience was ok. They weren't sure if should be interviewed for Supply Chain Operations role or Supply Chain Design, so they were flexible there. Good interviews but HR didn't keep its promise and took very long to get back after interview. Application: Was very interested in the firm and their work and applied online (around December). Also got in touch with a Sr. Consultant on LinkedIn who referred me. But at the time, they were not hiring and I had to wait for months until the HR finally got back to me to do a 1st round. 1st interview: With HR - basic questions. He said he'll get back but again it was a month or two before that happened. 2nd interview: With a Sr. Consultant who asked me about my background, got a little technical, and some brain teasers like - "Estimate the no. of gas stations in US" etc. 3rd interview: With a partner, was a very accomplished person. Worked with Olympic committees to handle bidding for hosting Olympics, oversaw the operations. Great interview with him. Didn't get too technical but wanted to see my passion and fit. Onsite: There were 5 interviews in the Atlanta HQ which were good. They flew me in. People were good. But the process was unorganized. I had to wait up to 30 mins between each interview, and the people I interviewed with were all different from the list of people I was given that I would be interviewing with. So the specific questions I had prepared to ask them became irrelevent. Round 1 - with HR Round 2 - an Excel case with a Consultant. I was slow with Excel so this didn't go that well. The problem was easy and I could tell him how I would analyze it, but it took me time to figure out how to do that in Excel. But the Consultant is ready to work with you through the case and you don't have to answer all questions if there's not much time. In fact, in between, he asked me general questions about my background and my interests, so I think the interviews was behavioral + analytical. Round 3 - with a smart Consultant. This round was analytical and had a profitability case like strategy consulting which I did well on, a creative question - "How would you design a Kitchen". It was fun. Round 4-with a Supply Chain Design guy who asked me about my background and a basic Excel question and pivot tables. We actually didn't do a case, but I just told him verbally. Round 5 - with a senior Manager. No cases, just to see my passion and interests. After all this HR told me he would get back within 3-4 days and give me feedback if I didn't get selected and if I did, what role I got. 2 weeks passed. 3 weeks. Didn't get back. Left him voicemails and later emailed I wasn't selected. And as promised, he never gave me feedback. He replied to my email about reimbursements but just ignored my feedback email.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chainalytics.

Interview

Applied online through campus career website. Didn't hear back for a few weeks, but then received a phone call/email to set up a phone screen within the next couple of days. Phone screen only consisted of a few questions (rating my Access and Excel skills) and lasted about 5 minutes. Received a call and an email a few days afterwards to set up on site interviews. That day consisted of 4 one-on-one interviews with 2 Senior Managers, the Principal of the practice, and the Vice President of the practice. Most questions were behavioral but some were a little more technical/analytical (mainly asking questions about some different supply chain concepts). Heard back about an offer about a week later. Overall the process was very quick and everyone was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Based on a given supply chain network, how would you determine which DC to use?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flexible on start and end dates; didn't negotiate pay

Interview

Several phone interviews before in office interview.

Intern/Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chainalytics.

Interview

I was found by a CHAIN manager on linkedin and he found my experience to be very relevant to the practice I was interviewing for. We had a brief conversation with the usual experience, project discussions. I was called again by an HR and asked few verification questions as well as questions based on my resume. I cleared and was finally called to the main office in Atlanta. (Chain covered all my expenses as you would expect any top consulting firm to do). The interview consisted of 5 interviews, each ranging from 45 mins to 1 hr. I had a Senior Consultant, Manager, a Senior Manager, a Vice-President and the Business development head interview me. The above was more on the methodology. On the interviews themselves, I felt they were very professional and well conducted. The interviews were designed so as to understand my prior experience/ projects/ skills/ critical reasoning and how well could I relate to the job description. Almost all 5 interviews were resume based with all of them asking me to walk them through my favourite projects, my accomplishments, my skills, my strengths, my understanding of the industry at hand. There was 1 interview with some critical reasoning questions and data analysis set on excel where I was required to do some pivot analysis. Both were easy and should not be a challenge for anyone who has worked on Excel before. Overall, I got the idea that they were evaluating me as a person as most of these men had 15+ years of experience. They weren't behind my GPA , or doing any kind of stress tests or incredibly hard "supply chain" questions, but finding out my level of enthusiasm, my client-facing skills, if I was asking enough questions and weren't "stupid" or over the top. I felt valued and I was at ease during the whole interview as they made me feel that way.

Interview Questions

• A question on one of my projects where I was asked to explain the "Clustering Algorithm" which I had used to find similar products to be grouped together for a pricing and revenue management project. I was also asked to explain the "linear regression" method used in another project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was done by the means of email. It was a back and forth between the HR and me for about a week wherein I outlined the reasons I should start with a better package. Some were valid and some were not, and the appropriate package was thus determined. Good experience overall.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chainalytics.

Interview

I met HR at a career fair on campus and talked at their booth. A few weeks later I had a quick 20-30 minute phone interview with one of their consultants. A few weeks later I was invited to their office for the second and final round interview. The on-site interview consisted of meeting with 5 people. The first was HR who gave an introduction to the company and what the rest of the interview would consist of. The second was a senior consultant who tested my Excel skills. The third was a senior manager who asked case study questions. Can't remember who the fourth guy was and the fifth was a VP who asked questions about my resume and myself in order to get to know me better.

Interview Questions

• Google has just unveiled that their self-driving car is ready to sell to the market. Consider that you are an advisor for Apple and recently the press and industry has been saying that Apple is no longer doing anything new or revolutionary and is going downshill. Would you advise Apple to start investing in their own self-driving iCar or would you advise them to start buying back their own stock? Why?   Answer Question
    • Audi has released a commercial that says more passengers are injured in BMWs than in Audis. As an advisor for BMW, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their offer was firm and they were not willing to negotiate upon request.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Chainalytics (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job through an ad I found online. I actually did not hear back from them for a few months - I thought the job had been filled. The first contact was via email and I was asked to work on a sample presentation and send it back for review. I then received a call for an in-person interview. I met with two people in the HR department, the Marketing Manager and one of the senior executives. It took about a month before the second interview was set up and in that interview I got to meet and interview with the CEO of the company. You are not shown around during the interview process - you only see the entrance lobby and the conference room where you are interviewed. Not long after the second interview, I was contacted and offered the job. I found everyone to be very kind and professional during the interview and hiring process. Definitely a good group of people.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The Director of Human Resources is a very easy person to work with and he does his best to take the stress out of the negotiation phase. And it was not held against you to ask questions and to negotiate what you seek in employment.

Transportation Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chainalytics.

Interview

3 interviewer, one consultant, one senior consultant and one principal of the transportation department

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chainalytics (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks to get a phone interview with HR manager. It was a pre-qualification interview. The manager introduce the company and the job role. We briefly talked about my skills and experience. I will have another phone interview.