Challenger Gray

Relevance Date Difficulty

Job Search Coach Interview

Job Search Coach
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Challenger Gray in October 2011.

Interview Details – Received phone call from an ad response. The process was very extensive (behavioral/situational questions) was given some information, but nothing specific about the duties, expectations, etc. EVERYTHING was a secret "The PROGRAM" ???? After this, invited for a face to face with a different person who asked the very same questions again. (How professional is that). Then offered a job. The job offer was rescinded do to business needs was the information given, Then called back two weeks later and offered the job again. WOW!~!!~!!!

Interview Question – Why would you be a good fit for Challenger Gray?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We only have one salary and everyone gets paid the same. SURE, I believed that.

Job Coach Interview

Job Coach
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Challenger Gray in April 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview was conducted first with standard questions the emphasis was on, that it was project work. The face to face interview was behavioral base questions in which they wanted you to sell yourself and show your confidence in your abilities to coach someone.

Interview Question – What was your greatest business success and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it offer.

Counselor Interview

Counselor
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Challenger Gray in January 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed at Challenger, Christmas, Gray (CCG) for a counselor position. In the interest of full disclosure, I got an email from them a few days after the interview that I was not be offered a position. However, if I had been offered a job, I would not have accepted it. Here's why:

For a company in the business of helping and supporting people who had been recently laid off, it seemed like they treat their own employees as disposable pawns. The interview process consisted first of a group overview of the position. The person presenting had a real, "It's our way or the highway" attitude. She also had real snotty answers for some of the sincere questions that people asked.

The funny thing is that the job, the way THEY THEMSELVES described it ,is terrible. Are you ready? Here we go: It's a contract position, lousy pay considering they want 8 to 10 years experience, NO benefits. Essentially a six day work week, virtually no opportunity for advancement, you must carry up to $3,000 of expenses on your own credit card at any one time, and it's constant travel to often more than one location per week. To top off this list of real motivators, they pay employees once a month.

I have heard that there are companies out there that actually look to hire people with low self esteem because they know they will take all the crap the company wants to give them. Challenger, Christmas and Gray may be one of those firms.

Interview Question – All the one on one interview questions I got started exactly the same way: "Tell me about a time when...?" "Tell me about a situation when...?'   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Challenger Gray in January 2011.

Interview Details – Two round interviews, easier Q than other consultant firms. One human resource case only

Interview Question – How many golf balls can you fit in a school bus   View Answer

Job Search Coach Interview

Job Search Coach

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Challenger Gray.

Interview Details – Submitted resume thru someone I knew at the company.
Had phone interview, then one on one interview, then group interview.
As a firm helping people find their next career position, they use the method that they teach in their hiring process. You should have well created and rehearsed answers to:
Tell me about yourself (describe who you are at work) and What job tasks do you really want to perform (not job titles).

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when something did not turn out as you expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable. This is a full time temporary position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Challenger Gray? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Challenger Gray interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Challenger Gray employees and interview candidates.