Challenger School

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Challenger School

Teacher Interview

Met with HR first so they could do a basic interview with very generic questions--why do you want the position, what are your good qualities/strengths, etc. After that, took a couple tests to make sure I was qualified/intelligent enough to get the position. I believe there were three parts: generic math and reading test, grammar test (specific, must know terms such as compound complex sentence), and an opinion survey. Next step was to meet and interview with the principal of the desired campus. Interview was much more specific, with questions that require more thought. The last step of the interview process was to do a teaching demo for a class while the principal and teacher observed.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall. Questions weren't difficult, just required some thought   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

First time they call you for a written aptitude test and a questionnaire with strange questions. If you get through that (I'm not exactly sure what they were trying to test with that questionnaire) you get called again for an interview which I did.
    The interview consisted of regular teaching related interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in next few years?
      What would you do if a student is not getting the lesson being taught?

Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Challenger School in March 2014.

They focus more on testing and your opinions regarding the constitution than your abilities as an effective HR Manager. I was not asked one question. I was only tested using a Wonderlic test.

Interview Questions
    • What are your views on socialism? What do you think Thomas Jefferson meant when he said . . .?   Answer Question

Kindergarten Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Challenger School in August 2011.

Online forms and resume submission. Invitation to go to corporate headquarters, where an aptitude test covering a variety of subjects is administered. Then an in-person interview at the HQ. At that point, you're given a subject to prepare a 20 minute lesson on, including materials to use in that lesson. After that, interview with principal/headmaster at location offering position. At that point, offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    Very short. Base salary is typically offered first, with chance of reassessment after testing periods.

EC Teacher, Lunch Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Challenger School in February 2009.

They already knew that I was a good worker around kids because I started @ Challenger as a Security Guard and a few months later I was hired as an EC,Lunch Staff,Closer employee. I was told that they saw that I was the kind of person they would like to have work for them beacause I took tings into my own hands if I saw or felt that something was not right and they saw how well I worked with kids.

There was no reason for me to negotiate anything

Teacher Interview

formal application, plus essay about "view of america", interview with HR rep, interview with headmaster, working interview, closing interview or offer.

Interview Questions
    • Prepare for the working interview and quickly build a confident presence with the students   Answer Question