Chalmers University of Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chalmers University of Technology.

25 days after deadline of the application (end of september), I was invited to an online interview. A few days after the interview, I was invited to an on-site interview. On site interview was at the beginning of december. Interview lasted a full day. They gave their answer at the and of that day.

They are very professional by all means. However, on-site interview was quite fierce in terms of difficulty. On the morning session, they asked me to make a presentation about myself to the group (other applicants did this too). Then they asked some questions regarding to my research interests. The most difficult part was 1:1 interview with each member of the team. All of them asked quite difficult questions. My background was unrelated with the project topic and thus, I was not qualified enough to answer their questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a recent research paper that looks interesting to you in this field.   View Answer

PhD Candidate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in August 2013.

There was an interview conducted via Skype by a professor and his assistant. Not technical questions but relatively common ones regarding my intentions and background. There was also a homework about writing a 400-words summary of a scientific paper relative to the PhD position and should be completed in a week.

PhD Student for Receiver Design On Fiber Optical Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in March 2011.

It was a very different experience. First I had non-technical round of interview where they mainly checked if I am kind of person who mixes with all etc. hen had a technical interview where they asked me some technical questions and also why I am interested din this area and what I know about this.

Interview Questions
    • You have applied to many positions here. Why do you think you will fit in this position well that others and why not any other person.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gothenburg (Sweden)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in June 2010.

Applied through website and went in person to the Professor in charge to show my interest. First day, Background description, what is background in academics and personal life. Then why I am interested in this position. Then some technical questions regarding my background. What I studied and how much I scored in courses. Then asked to give a presentation the next day either regarding my previous project or the current position's understanding. Then some followup questions on the presentation.
    Got an answer within a day. I got an impression that, the interview is to know, whether you have an eligible academic background and your capability to learn new things and put in your research.

Interview Questions
    • I presented my understanding on the new proposed PhD position which I have applied for. Then a question raised, do you have any idea on how to move in as a researcher!   View Answer
    No Negotiation on Salary or other benefits. Since, those are decided by Government of Sweden.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in January 2008.

I did a Master thesis in the group, after which the PhD contract was signed. So there is no specific interview for me.

Phd Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in January 2008.

Got on-site interview with main supervisor and other members of research group. Presented previous works during master thesis and some ideas for project which funds for PhD study. After the presentation, there was an interview relating to background, tool skills and study plan. Of course, it included some question for social behavior such as team works, pedagogical method.

Interview Questions
    PhD salary level is fixed according to the general policy of university so there was not negotiation phase for salary. There was negotiation for time to start PhD study.