Chalmers University of Technology

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

PhD Candidate Interview

PhD Candidate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in August 2013.

Interview Details – There was an interview conducted via Skype by a professor and his assistant. Not technical questions but relatively common ones regarding my intentions and background. There was also a homework about writing a 400-words summary of a scientific paper relative to the PhD position and should be completed in a week.

Interview Question – None. The homework was quite difficult though.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in January 2008.

Interview Details – I did a Master thesis in the group, after which the PhD contract was signed. So there is no specific interview for me.

PhD Student Interview

PhD Student
Gothenburg (Sweden)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through website and went in person to the Professor in charge to show my interest. First day, Background description, what is background in academics and personal life. Then why I am interested in this position. Then some technical questions regarding my background. What I studied and how much I scored in courses. Then asked to give a presentation the next day either regarding my previous project or the current position's understanding. Then some followup questions on the presentation.
Got an answer within a day. I got an impression that, the interview is to know, whether you have an eligible academic background and your capability to learn new things and put in your research.

Interview Question – I presented my understanding on the new proposed PhD position which I have applied for. Then a question raised, do you have any idea on how to move in as a researcher!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation on Salary or other benefits. Since, those are decided by Government of Sweden.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

PhD Student for Receiver Design On Fiber Optical Communications Interview

PhD Student for Receiver Design On Fiber Optical Communications
Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was a very different experience. First I had non-technical round of interview where they mainly checked if I am kind of person who mixes with all etc. hen had a technical interview where they asked me some technical questions and also why I am interested din this area and what I know about this.

Interview Question – You have applied to many positions here. Why do you think you will fit in this position well that others and why not any other person.   Answer Question

Phd Position Interview

Phd Position
Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Chalmers University of Technology in January 2008.

Interview Details – Got on-site interview with main supervisor and other members of research group. Presented previous works during master thesis and some ideas for project which funds for PhD study. After the presentation, there was an interview relating to background, tool skills and study plan. Of course, it included some question for social behavior such as team works, pedagogical method.

Interview Question – Leakage power trend   View Answer

Negotiation Details – PhD salary level is fixed according to the general policy of university so there was not negotiation phase for salary. There was negotiation for time to start PhD study.

Worked for Chalmers University of Technology? Contribute to the Community!