Chamberlain College of Nursing

2.9

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miramar, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Chamberlain College of Nursing.

One interview with the campus director and second interview with a manager from the national team over the phone. I was a referral from someone that worked there and they still had no consideration in giving me any notice of ending my position.

Interview Questions
    • Very informal interview process. Felt more conversational   Answer Question
    I was not given much opportunity to negotiate and told that the salary was non negotiable when I was called over the phone and the offer was made.

Admissions Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chamberlain College of Nursing.

--Applied online.
    --Received an email about setting up a phone interview.
    --Phone interview took about 30 +/- minutes.

IT'S SCRIPTED. My interview sounded like he was reading. I've had dozens of phone interviews over my life and I've never come across a scripted interview. They also kept trying to sale me on why Chamberlain was such a good school and the job was so great. Hey, interview person, I'm applying for your open position because I want the JOB. Stop trying to sale me on it.

The interview didn't go bad, but he couldn't answer some basic questions about weekends, needing religious day off, travel, etc. I guess it wasn't in the script as that's the only time they mumbled or used "uh"/"um".

They also wanted me to take a skills test. I find that ridiculous for the position and the company.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basic interview questions that a company would ask. Name a situation . . . tell me about a time . . . describe a moment . . . etc.   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

The first round phone interview was very straightforward. They asked basic behavioral questions like strengths and weaknesses and why you want to work for the company and why you would be good for the job. The second round was much longer, about 60 minutes. Two people also asked behavioral questions, however they were much more specific and wanted more specific examples.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was a role play scenario where the interviewer pretended to be a student interested in the school and you had to convince them to enroll. It just caught me completely off guard.   Answer Question

Nursing Tutor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chamberlain College of Nursing.

Hiring Process and interview was very quick. Applied online got a response within a week. Had 1st and second round of interview. It was a very smooth process getting into the company.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to implement a positive change in your last position? Give example and the outcome.   Answer Question
    I did have a chance to negotiate but they met my salary range so I immediately accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chamberlain College of Nursing in January 2013.

I received a phone screening one month after applying online. The phone screening was great. There was just a few questions asking about my previous experience in customer service and we also went over my resume. After the phone screening I was offered a in person interview, which I accepted. The in person interview was different than any interview I have ever had. It was comfortable but also intense! Questions ranging from my own personal life to my professional life.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that came up was not a question at all. It was role playing!   Answer Question

High School Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Chamberlain College of Nursing in August 2012.

I went through three interviews. The first was with the national guy out of Florida. I was applying for a position in Atlanta. It took about 3 weeks and I got a call for the local interview. Interviewed with the hiring manager locally at the new Atlanta location in Dunwoody. Then I was referred to the national recruiting manager to meet with him. I was able to do an interview in person as he was in the office and not traveling or out of town at that time. Each interview was about an hour.

Unfortunately, DeVry is known for not calling people back or informing them of their decision. At the time, I was told I was the only one interviewing for the position. However, when it came time for a decision, I was given no word...

I ended up withdrawing my name from candidacy as I felt I wasn't going to be offered the job anyway. I followed up with both the local and national recruiting managers with one phone call and then one email each. After a month of no contact, I sent a well-wishes email and that was that.

Admissions Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chamberlain College of Nursing in June 2012.

Included a phone screening. Before meeting on location I was sent personality tests and IQ tests. Then I met with the Director and the team the same day. Afterwards I was required to do a drug screening, at their expense. I got a call the same day and was offered the job. I believe they had a high need for the position and my experience and personality happened to meet their needs exactly.

I went over salary in the initial phone screening. After my interview, I got a call the same day and salary was confirmed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chamberlain College of Nursing in May 2011.

Received a call from Human Resources, had a brief interviewed over the phone with recruiter. Really informational about the position. A couple of days later received invite for interview with both Assistant director of admissions and the director of admissions. Interview was very standard. Not too many difficult questions. Helps if you read about the requirements of the position, and have experience on over the phone sales.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation at all.

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chamberlain College of Nursing in May 2009.

Interview process may include a phone interview with a member of the HR staff. Next, a 1 on 1 interview with a Team Lead and the Dept Manager. They will ask you to "Tell us a time when..." type of questions. You do need to complete a personality test.

Interview Questions
    None- the position is hourly. No negotiations. The position pays less now- I started when it paid higher.