Champps Americana Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Champps Americana

Host Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Champps Americana in August 2013.

The interview process has changed since Champp's went bankrupt for the second time and was bought by One Last Call (very ironic right?). I walked in and was hired on the spot now that their desperate since almost 20 servers, bartenders and hosts quit they at first did everything online. Now they have a computer set up with the General Manager desperately looking for anybody.

Interview Questions
    • Since General Managers changed over the interview process has changed since I started working at Champp's. I do know that she tends to care about hosts, servers or bartenders following corporate policies and being entertaining to customers.   View Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Champps Americana in June 2010.

I was wearing a striped button-up and jeans and applied on a whim (I'm female). I brought in my application without a resume and the general manager happened to be standing at the host stand when I walked in. He invited me to come sit down so we could go through the application. I had originally intended to start as a hostess but he said that he had enough and didn't need any, and instead offered me a position as a server. I accepted and was hired on the spot, after talking for roughly 5-8 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of how you have helped a customer in the past?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have serving, and if you have none, how can you use your knowledge from past jobs to help you with this position?   Answer Question
    Serving is a non-negotiable position. You make about 2.13/hr but you receive tips.

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Champps Americana in January 2007.

was a new restaurant opening and so they were hiring for all positions. held interviews at a hotel. had to fill out application and then wait to talk to floor manager. if you made it past this first interview then you would wait to speak with someone higher up. offered job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Worked for Champps Americana? Contribute to the Community!