Champps Americana

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Host Interview

Host

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Champps Americana in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process has changed since Champp's went bankrupt for the second time and was bought by One Last Call (very ironic right?). I walked in and was hired on the spot now that their desperate since almost 20 servers, bartenders and hosts quit they at first did everything online. Now they have a computer set up with the General Manager desperately looking for anybody.

Interview Question – Since General Managers changed over the interview process has changed since I started working at Champp's. I do know that she tends to care about hosts, servers or bartenders following corporate policies and being entertaining to customers.   View Answer

Server Interview

Server
Durham, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Champps Americana in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was wearing a striped button-up and jeans and applied on a whim (I'm female). I brought in my application without a resume and the general manager happened to be standing at the host stand when I walked in. He invited me to come sit down so we could go through the application. I had originally intended to start as a hostess but he said that he had enough and didn't need any, and instead offered me a position as a server. I accepted and was hired on the spot, after talking for roughly 5-8 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of how you have helped a customer in the past?   Answer Question
  • What experience do you have serving, and if you have none, how can you use your knowledge from past jobs to help you with this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Serving is a non-negotiable position. You make about 2.13/hr but you receive tips.

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Champps Americana in January 2007.

Interview Details – was a new restaurant opening and so they were hiring for all positions. held interviews at a hotel. had to fill out application and then wait to talk to floor manager. if you made it past this first interview then you would wait to speak with someone higher up. offered job on the spot.

Interview Question – why should we hire you   Answer Question

Worked for Champps Americana? Contribute to the Community!