Chandler Unified School District

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher, Special Ed Interview

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Chandler Unified School District.

Interview Details – Phone screen, interview with school counsellor, interview with Principal. Phone call to tell me I got the job. First interview was very informal; show you love kids and have a brain and you'll be fine. Final with the Principal was tough. She gave situations and I had to provide not only what I'd do, but why.

Interview Question – Tell me a time about when you were wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed.

Paraprofessional Interview

Paraprofessional
Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chandler Unified School District in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on two separate occasions and offered a position following the second interview. Very professional demeanor by both interviewers. Mostly asked questions referring to my experience working with children. The payrate is non-negotiable since it is set mostly by the state, so length of previous experience seemed to matter little.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time that you found yourself in a potentially inappropriate position while you were in a position of trust?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Chandler, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Chandler Unified School District in July 2009.

Interview Details – Took a while to get an interview. As with all districts, lengthy process of application, documentation, transcripts, letters of rec. etc. Interviewed first with HR, later called in to two different schools. The first interview went well, they scheduled me for a second. Before that time arrived, I was offered a job during an interview at another local school.

Interview Question – How will you relate to our diverse hispanic community?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None possible

Very Easy Interview

School Bus Driver Interview

School Bus Driver
Chandler, AZ

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chandler Unified School District in January 2009.

Interview Details – It was a quick interview. I knew the interviewer so we just discussed the nature of the job and proceeded with drug test.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Teacher Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Chandler Unified School District in June 2008.

Interview Details – General teaching interview. Asked about educational theory. Classroom management style. Questions on parental involvement.

Interview Question – Talk about your managment style in the classroom.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Chandler Unified School District? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chandler Unified School District interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chandler Unified School District employees and interview candidates.