Chanel Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2014
19 interviews

3.1

Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chanel.

one interview with two managers. Just asked about resume and explained what I would be doing during the summer. explained about the internship program and how I would be joining in the career pipline

Marketing Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Chanel in May 2013.

the building is near central park. you'll meet a HR associate in the first round for about 30 mins interview. she first asked me to walk her through my resume. and then she asked questions according to my previous experiences.

Interview Questions
    • what's the biggest failure you had in your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Wholesale Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chanel in December 2011.

very easy interview, usual questions

Full Time Interview

it was a long process interviewed with Chanel and Nordstrom representatives at the same time. Very competitive.

Technology Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Chanel in March 2010.

Way to many interviews, 6 in total! I am not interviewing to be CEO!

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my existing company, who is the CIO where you are now, how long have they been there...   View Answer
    Allot of back and forth, refuse to negotiate vacation time, I lost 2 weeks to take their standard package.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Chanel.

It's hard to get into Chanel, Inc, and it usually takes 1 year to go through the whole process from the first interview to the background check. If you do not have enough sales experiences you basically can not get your foot into the door.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you are going to sell this piece right now.   View Answer

PR Intern Interview

Contact was through a connection who then set me up with the contact in the PR office. The interview was mostly a review of my resume and a bit of Q&A about the opportunity. After walking through my resume and highlighting relevant experience we wrapped up. It was no more than 20 minutes. I followed up with an email and never heard anything back.

Interview Questions
    • Are you prepared to work in an environment like Chanel's?   Answer Question

Beaute Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chanel.

I applied for a position at a Macy's. I met with the cosmetics department manager who asked me typical sales questions and about customer service. I was then passed along to a regional manager who extensively described the Chanel culture and position. I then had to interview with the counter manager.

Interview Questions
    It was entry level so the offer I was given was very pleasing. I was asked if I was satisfied. Had I had a certification and more experience, I definitely could have negotiated for more.

PR Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Chanel in December 2011.

Went through my resume, discussed the role of a PR intern and then discussed why I wanted this position and how it would help me achieve my long term career goals

Interview Questions
    • How will this internship prepare you for your future career goals?   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Chanel in August 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter working with Chanel about an opening in their supply chain planning department. I spoke at length on a Saturday afternoon with the recruiter on the role. Monday emails were exchanged seeking a Tuesday meeting, when I met on site in NYC, with the hiring manager and a demand planner. I felt that my meeting with these two people went well. I am experienced in the role, it's responsibilities and the software tools associated to perform the job.

My final meeting was with the Director of HR. My meeting was delayed due to errors in scheduling by Chanel. I waited for approximately 45 minutes in a lobby having an impressive view overlooking Central Park. Upon meeting the Director of HR, apologies were offered for being tied up in another meeting and the Director immediately indicated that there areas of my resume that could be improved upon and to not leave without talking about these changes. This exchange did not give me a good feeling of my opportunity for this role. I learned that the Director dismissed my skills and experience in supply chain planning due to a lack of knowledge of the luxury goods market and her determination was made before meeting with me. Our meeting proceded with several of the typical interview questions and a review of my resume. I was unable to convince the Director that in my role, I manage numbers and that the numbers are validated with various members of the organization, per the plannning process and cycle. I left my interview, knowing that I could perform the job, but I questioned why I was invited to interview?

I contacted the recruiter and informed her of the meeting events and my opinion on how the interview went. My subsequent followups (email and voice mail) with the recruiter were not answered. Three weeks later, I was notified by the Director of HR that I was no longer being considered for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a difficult situation you had in performing your job.   View Answer

Worked for Chanel? Contribute to the Community!