Channel Intelligence

Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Celebration, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Channel Intelligence in March 2009.

Interview Details – Common system based on multiple interviews in one day, CI calls it a track. This is ¨somewhat¨ required but some key hires and consultants are hired without this process.
There is little to zero training on how to interview at CI so the experience is predicated upon who is on your track and the personalities are very very diverse. There is a high probability of out of bounds or personal question. Finally, a big part of the process is candidate interviewing CI. Most employees know that it is a difficult and peculiar place and want to prepare the candidate as much as possible to avoid <90 quit.

Interview Question – Actually the most interesting and what many say are difficult are from the EVP and Cofounder and use props... sort of a question-less IQ test. Pretty cool!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Small company, easy to negotiate for things that are fair. Actually, the company fairly pays key hires and pitches equity (which are actually private company stock options of no nominal value) hard but bonus program is wishy-washy and the company is fairly skimpy on relo.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Channel Intelligence in September 2012.

Interview Details – A very good interview process. Phone interview. 1 in person interview and then a TRACK interview. It went great until I realized my time was wasted.

Basically, before the interview process began I told them my minimum salary requirements and they agreed to move forward. I took 1.5 days off of my current job to go through their intense interview process.

When the time for an offer came they said that the position had a salary cap. This cap was $10,000 below the minimum we had previously agreed to.

This was severely disheartening and I felt used.

Be wary of this company when considering it. They are not honest.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 10K below originally agreed to minimum salary. So disappointing. Be careful.

Vice President Product Interview

Vice President Product
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Channel Intelligence in March 2010.

Interview Details – Series of interviews from different functions. Only inspiring ones were a Marketing VP and across the hall a co-founder EVP who had cool brain teaser tests.

Interview Question – What can you do that others cannot? Have you ever worked for some who is insane? What is the difference between Egtoiscm and narcissism and how do you deal with each (cause you will have to)? Have you ever had an unethical CFO? What would you do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got the feeling no one executive actually liked each other. And no one seemed to care for the CEO.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Channel Intelligence in August 2012.

Interview Details – The initial interview was by phone. The 1:1 interview allows them to drill you about your experience and then give you the opportunity to ask questions. This lasts an hour. The final interview consist of a full day of interviewing with 6 members.

Interview Question – The questions were fair. Make sure to sell yourself and ask as many questions as you like as they seem pretty open. They did mention reviewing my social media page (which is private). So, if you like their social media page, know that they are scoping you out. I'm a pretty open book so I wasn't too worried. I think this is fair in order to understand your personality type.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Channel Intelligence in June 2009.

Interview Details – They do what they call a 'track' - you get set up for a day with 5, 6 or 7 people to interview with and they all judge your fit for the role. It is a long day, but you meet some good people, and get a feel for the culture because you hear lots of the same things.

Be sure you nail the first one - if you don't, the comments from the first person influence the next one, and so on through the day. Some people find it hard to disagree with an earlier interviewer, even if they do

Ask about problems/issues/challenges either in the company or related to the role you are applying for. You'll get different perspectives, and somewhere in there will be something related to the truth.

Interview Question – What role are you applying for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate salary. Not benefits - the benefits are already good.

Operations Interview

Operations
Celebration, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Channel Intelligence in June 2009.

Interview Details – CI has an interview process known as "tracking". You have multiple face-to-face interviews with several people in the company, one at a time, so that they can each evaluate your qualifications and personality. I met with 6 different people for my track, so it was like 6 different interviews. They then send their results to HR and the results of your interviews are combined to determine if you get the position.

Interview Question – All questions asked you to talk about your qualifications, why you want the job, and what you know about the company. Pretty typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Vice President Sales Interview

Vice President Sales

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Channel Intelligence.

Interview Details – Great process. Phone interview first. Got a good feel of the company. Flew to Orlando for the interview track of six people from the company including the CEO, CFO and Co-founder. I felt that they were really trying to not only get someone skilled but get someone that fit the culture.

Interview Question – Name five words that describe you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was fair and based on my experience. Included options.

Worked for Channel Intelligence? Contribute to the Community!