ChannelAdvisor

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.7

Sales Executive Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

1. Phone screen with recruiter
    2. Approximately 30 minute phone interview with one of the Sales Managers
    3. Approximately 2-3 hours of interviewing with two New Hire Sales Managers and Three Sales Managers
    4. Quick 30 minute interview with 1-2 Sales Directors
    They are very polite, respectful and welcoming of candidates

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult or unexpected. Know your numbers and be able to explain your process   Answer Question
    You can negotiate a little

Senior Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Applied via their website and was contacted by a recruiter within the company. I had a brief phone interview with the recruiter and later a member of the team. During the phone interviews, it was clear that I more than met the requirements and needs of the position. I was invited in for a face to face interview. The staff were unenthusiastic, disengaged and had a negative attitude throughout the entire interview. There were no in depth technical questions and nothing substantive in terms of trying to determine technical ability.

Software Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Applied online, had a friend currently working there as referrer. The recruiting team is very responsive and professional. Because it is a intern position, interview questions are relatively easy. Two question that I can remember, one is how to invert a string; the other one is how to find the first 20 largest numbers in a array.

Interview Questions
    • technical question: how to find out the first largest 20 numbers in a array length of N.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

I applied online and received a call about 2 days later. They were very nice and professional. The first interview was normal. They asked general question and it took around 30 minutes. I was then asked to interview with a hiring manager. He turned out to be awesome! We spoke about the company and the career path provided. After that I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. There I met with 5 people. The process from 9am to noon. It was long, but all the mangers were great and you could tell they really loved their jobs. Great process!

Interview Questions
    • Don't really have a answer to this question. They were all general questions about your previous jobs and experience.   Answer Question

Sales Director for Upcoming Seattle Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at ChannelAdvisor in April 2014.

ChannelAdvisors ripped me off for $500! They tried to rip me off for $1000! Stay Away!

I did two phone interviews, then I was invited to fly down for a final round of interviews. First red flag was that I was asked to buy my own plane tickets, for which they assured me I would be reimbursed at the end of the month. As it turned out, I fell sick the day of my interviews and THEY REQUESTED that we reschedule. So I agreed, but it took them 2 months to schedule the next meeting. During this time they informed me that they wouldn't reimburse my plane tickets UNTIL AFTER I CAME FOR AN INTERVIEW. Who does this? I had bought expensive ($1000), non-reimbursable plane tickets at the last moment, because that is when I was told to buy them. I could've bought even more expensive reimbursable plane tickets, but I didn't think that would be necessary - my big mistake. Ultimately I decided I didn't want to work for a company that treated new hire candidates this way - imagine how they would treat me as an actual employee!

Interview Questions
    • ChannelAdvisors refused to reimburse me for the plane ticket when i asked them to, finally they agreed to pay for half of it, but only after their HR admin had a nervous breakdown on the phone with me and accused me of "threatening her". So now I've got a useless travel voucher I'll never use and I'm $500 in the hole for agreeing to meet with this company.

All in all the experience was PSYCHO with this company, borderline illegal, and they clearly showed their stripes in terms of how much they value potential candidates and by extension, employees.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

I was initially contacted and interviewed by HR. Then about 2 weeks later I was interviewed by 4 employees for about 2 hours. About half of the interview was what I expected; talking about past experiences, how I solved problems, and significant accomplishments. The other half was not really what I expected and was a series of questions asking me to regurgitate textbook definitions about software development. To me this indicated the lack of interviewing experience/intelligence of the individuals conducting the interview. Everything I read about the organization indicated that they were a talented group of software developers so I was really expecting more conceptual based questions. If had known I was going to be asked to provide textbook definitions I would have spent the previous week memorizing them, which would only serve to prove that I can memorize things. Not too impressed even if there had been an offer I wold not have taken it.

Launch Manager Interview

Standard questions, very enthusiastic about the company. Good follow up.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Unfortunately, I had two bad experiences with CA. I was first contacted by HR though LinkedIn. Sent resume'. Phone call with HR went well. Then in-person interview...but the hiring manager wasn't there so I was basically handed off to some poor guy who had no interest in my resume or skills and just walked me around the office to show me around (and probably stalling so the real hiring manager could show up, which he did not). I was then "interviewed" by three "team members." They really didn't know how to interview (and shouldn't have...it's not their job), so they were just complimentary and nice to me (BTW, none of them are still there). Several weeks go by, with no word, then the form email "it was a tough decision, but...blah, blah." I contact HR to let her know that it was unacceptable, the way I was treated and that I should have had my interview rescheduled due to the hiring manager's absence. She totally agreed but someone was already hired (who I found out had actually worked with one of the managers at a different company...so, I was basically an also-ran from the get-go, as she was their preferred candidate from the start).

A few weeks go by and the same HR contacts me for another interview and a different position, this time in email marketing (an odd position for that company). She sets up a call with that hiring manager (no longer at the company), who spends most of our "phone interview" telling me about all the business trips he has planned in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Melbourne, etc. BUT, he thinks I'd be a great fit and really wants me to come in for an in-person...which (*gasp*) never happened. A few more emails to HR, who basically lets me know that, yes, I've been screwed again, and someone was hired before I could actually come in to interview!

A few more weeks go by. Another email by the same HR (also no longer at the company), saying they have another position available and they'd like me to come in again. (Seriously? Are you kidding me?)
    I sent her a nice but terse letter saying I had no interest in ever talking to them again.

Screwed not once, but twice with Channel Advisor, and possibly could have been screwed over thrice! The whole thing was an exercise in futility. Then again, none of the offenders in this tragedy are actually still at the company...if that tells you anything.

Interview Questions
    • The poor underlings that were forced to "interview" me had very basic questions, most were behavioral...strengths/weaknesses-type.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at ChannelAdvisor in January 2013.

Submitted resume online. Corp recruiter responded within a few days with an email. Scheduled initial phone screen, that went well. Next step was 30 minute phone interview with Sales VP, that went very wrll. Then invited to interview onsite with Sales VP again, 2 sales mgrs and 2 snr sales rep, all went well, offer was extended a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions caught me off guard, was a behavioral interview   Answer Question
    was able to negotiate salary and commission

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at ChannelAdvisor in May 2011.

Ask working experience and go through the resume. Then ask for a particular project I ve done and let me show how did I design, implement, and test the program. Then ask me some questions during my speech. Spend some time on introducing their company.

Interview Questions
    • Introduce some your experience about software   View Answer