ChannelAdvisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.7

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

Spent a maximum of 20 minutes on both the HR screen and the first discussion with management Focus of the conversations were on my ability to cold call and state value from the first touch - Definitely not looking for relationship-based sales people. I shifted to 'Hunter Mode' and breezed by their basic questions. Very easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• 'Why do you want to work in sales'?   1 Answer

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

I first had a phone screen, then an office visit. The office interview went well, met with four team members in two separate sessions, and then later my manager. All questions were fair and the process did not drag out too long. I received my offer within a week of the office interview.

Interview Questions

• How will your current background best prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Mid-Market Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Morrisville, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

2 hours long, a lot of talk about the culture and new training implementation. Spoke with new hire management, and senior reps conducted the interview. Promised a career ooath model and advancement opportunity. Failed to mention this was about to change dramatically.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult situation you experienced wile working in sales and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Applied online. Had two phone interviews. First was with HR about 30 minutes. HR was very professional, polite and respectful. Questions about the company, past experience with SQL testing, automation tools etc.. Second phone interview was with QA Engineer around 30 minutes. Asked questions about bug report, Kanban, what's important for a product?, Scrum.

Interview Questions

• technical questions: what's important for a product from QA point of view? Experience with Kanban?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

1. Phone screen with recruiter 2. Approximately 30 minute phone interview with one of the Sales Managers 3. Approximately 2-3 hours of interviewing with two New Hire Sales Managers and Three Sales Managers 4. Quick 30 minute interview with 1-2 Sales Directors They are very polite, respectful and welcoming of candidates

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult or unexpected. Know your numbers and be able to explain your process   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate a little

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Applied via their website and was contacted by a recruiter within the company. I had a brief phone interview with the recruiter and later a member of the team. During the phone interviews, it was clear that I more than met the requirements and needs of the position. I was invited in for a face to face interview. The staff were unenthusiastic, disengaged and had a negative attitude throughout the entire interview. There were no in depth technical questions and nothing substantive in terms of trying to determine technical ability.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

Applied online, had a friend currently working there as referrer. The recruiting team is very responsive and professional. Because it is a intern position, interview questions are relatively easy. Two question that I can remember, one is how to invert a string; the other one is how to find the first 20 largest numbers in a array.

Interview Questions

• technical question: how to find out the first largest 20 numbers in a array length of N.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied online and received a call about 2 days later. They were very nice and professional. The first interview was normal. They asked general question and it took around 30 minutes. I was then asked to interview with a hiring manager. He turned out to be awesome! We spoke about the company and the career path provided. After that I was asked to come in for a face to face interview. There I met with 5 people. The process from 9am to noon. It was long, but all the mangers were great and you could tell they really loved their jobs. Great process!

Interview Questions

• Don't really have a answer to this question. They were all general questions about your previous jobs and experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

ChannelAdvisors ripped me off for $500! They tried to rip me off for $1000! Stay Away! I did two phone interviews, then I was invited to fly down for a final round of interviews. First red flag was that I was asked to buy my own plane tickets, for which they assured me I would be reimbursed at the end of the month. As it turned out, I fell sick the day of my interviews and THEY REQUESTED that we reschedule. So I agreed, but it took them 2 months to schedule the next meeting. During this time they informed me that they wouldn't reimburse my plane tickets UNTIL AFTER I CAME FOR AN INTERVIEW. Who does this? I had bought expensive ($1000), non-reimbursable plane tickets at the last moment, because that is when I was told to buy them. I could've bought even more expensive reimbursable plane tickets, but I didn't think that would be necessary - my big mistake. Ultimately I decided I didn't want to work for a company that treated new hire candidates this way - imagine how they would treat me as an actual employee!

Interview Questions

• ChannelAdvisors refused to reimburse me for the plane ticket when i asked them to, finally they agreed to pay for half of it, but only after their HR admin had a nervous breakdown on the phone with me and accused me of "threatening her". So now I've got a useless travel voucher I'll never use and I'm $500 in the hole for agreeing to meet with this company. All in all the experience was PSYCHO with this company, borderline illegal, and they clearly showed their stripes in terms of how much they value potential candidates and by extension, employees.   Answer Question

ChannelAdvisor Response

Mar 9, 2015 – Recruiting manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your interview experience. We agree that this was a very challenging situation, working around last-minute schedule changes. We ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ChannelAdvisor.

Interview

I was initially contacted and interviewed by HR. Then about 2 weeks later I was interviewed by 4 employees for about 2 hours. About half of the interview was what I expected; talking about past experiences, how I solved problems, and significant accomplishments. The other half was not really what I expected and was a series of questions asking me to regurgitate textbook definitions about software development. To me this indicated the lack of interviewing experience/intelligence of the individuals conducting the interview. Everything I read about the organization indicated that they were a talented group of software developers so I was really expecting more conceptual based questions. If had known I was going to be asked to provide textbook definitions I would have spent the previous week memorizing them, which would only serve to prove that I can memorize things. Not too impressed even if there had been an offer I wold not have taken it.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Interface?   1 Answer