Charles G. Koch Foundation

Updated Feb 13, 2015

3.3

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Charles G. Koch Foundation.

One phone interview, one in-person interview. The staff is very friendly and seems dedicated to finding the right people to fill specific roles (meaning, they take staffing seriously). The process certainly wasn't speedy, but this is typical in DC. While there is gapping between interviews, CKF stays in touch to make sure you're still interested and to let you know that they are as well.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the government does well? What do you think the government's proper role is? What are you currently reading?   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles G. Koch Foundation in March 2014.

I applied to be an intern for the Charles Koch program. I was emailed about 2 weeks after I applied to set up a phone interview. I had one phone interview and was told about a week later that they would not be offering me an internship.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles G. Koch Foundation.

Very quick but difficult phone interview

Koch Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Online application followed by a phone interview

Koch Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles G. Koch Foundation in March 2013.

Three interviews - 2 over the phone and 1 over Skype - with three different recruiters. Mostly behavioral questions about how you have worked in group projects. Your qualifications don't matter as much as how you present your team-working skills in the interviews. They'll also ask you about their program offerings.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with a group while working on a group project.   View Answer

Koch Associate Program Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charles G. Koch Foundation in March 2011.

Filled out an application that consisted of an essay, short answer ad influences on ideas of classical liberalism. Had 2 phone interviews with different members of the hiring committee. There were a few typical behavioral questions, but the interview was mostly focused on policy questions. I would recommend not letting the interviewer know if you have doubts about any policy issue (even if you do): wavering on any policy issue or not having the correct view on a policy may cost you.

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charles G. Koch Foundation in April 2010.

I had 3 interviews but did not get the job.