Charles River Analytics Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Charles River Analytics

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Analytics (Cambridge, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

I spoke with a two staff scientists, a senior Software Engineer, and two less senior Software Engineers in addition to the Director of the division that had the opening. I was very impressed with each as well as the quality and sophistication of the work CRA attracts and completes.

Interview Questions

• THere really weren't any challenging technical questions. There were several questions that I thought were somewhat vague and I felt perhaps weren't well thought out as questions but giving an interview is just as hard as taking one so I didn't really think that much about it during the interview or after it.   Answer Question

The salary offer was about 15K less than what we discussed when I traveled to interview and several weeks after when they said they'd give me an answer. I left the interview really excited about the possibilities and in the end felt like I'd wasted 3+ weeks. The offer seemed below market for the high quality of work that they do. None the less, I'd still recommend CRA for the interesting work they and the really smart and interesting people that run it.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Charles River Analytics (Cambridge, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Communication was shoddy and process took 5+ weeks. Multiple interviews with different people asking the same questions over and over. HR preaches behavior driven interviewing but no one did that. Since gov't work, answers from them were vague to questions I asked so you kind of have to go with it.

Interview Questions

• After the interview was over asked if I had time to stay for one more interview.   1 Answer
    • What is a table?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Told them what I wanted to make. Persuaded to not take a contract.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Charles River Analytics (Cambridge, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

HR emailed to set up interview, was interviewed 1 at a time by 4 or 5 of the engineer/scientists. questions about coding algorithms, signal processing algorithms