Charles River Associates

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles River Associates in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview followed by cases studies.

Interview Question – The interview process didn't really have any surprises but I should have known more about the company. General questions:
Can you talk about your academic background?
Why are you interested in working at CRAI?
What technical background do you have in Stata/Excel/SAS?
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview Details – 1st round on campus interview. People seemed nice. Made it to final round but was not granted offer.

Interview Question – Case Studies   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview Details – On campus interview - didn't get a call back

Interview Question – Basic questions like "Why consulting?" and "Why CRA" know about your resume and the company   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Swarthmore, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Associates in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round interview was 30 min on campus with two recent grads. Spent the first 15 minutes asking general behavioral questions - such as explain how you have communicated technical findings with lay audiences or explain a time that you failed on a project. Then we spent 15 minutes having me ask them questions.

Interview Question – Nothing, all questions were textbook.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Going to final round interview next week.

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview Details – Casual and laid back interview

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles River Associates.

Interview Details – On-campus interview, then invitation to Super Saturday interviews at the office, then offer

Interview Question – Micro or Macro?   Answer Question

Tallahassee, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Associates in November 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with each tier of the office from vice presidents to those in the position fro which I was applying.

Interview Question – Can you run SAS on a Macintosh?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Charles River Associates in October 2011.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews:

First round was at the school with one person
Second round was at their office with a number of different people of varying importance in the company.

Most of the questions were more behavioral than technical with only two or three being technical. I was given a small case study that I needed to answer without any time to think about it, although I could ask questions.

Interview Question – I was asked a couple questions about the cash flow statement, which I am somewhat familiar with, but not an expert on by any means.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation with the offer

Washington, DC

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Charles River Associates in October 2011.

Interview Details – The company overall seems to be very very efficient and on top of its business stuff, i.e. they are very professional and timely. However, it took them 5 weeks to let me know whether I got an offer or not. Also, this was after I continuously followed up with them several times via email and phone, and on the eve of the expiration of another offer, they called me. I thought that not responding to emails and calling back at 6:30 pm is not professional.

Interview process: There was 1 on campus interview. It was technical and behavioral with questions about statistics, hypothesis testing and some economics. For the office interview, it was all about cultural fit. There were hardly any questions about technical knowledge, most of it was general 1:1 talk. If you wanna work for them, cultural fit is a huge factor, like 90%. They treat you well with an expensive lunch, but do not reimburse in a timely manner. I believe the timeframe for reimbursement is 4 weeks. Its been 5 since I sent in mine, and haven't got anything back yet. [Well, I know its cheap to expect reimbursements but hey.. when you give a bunch of interviews, the costs pile up]

Interview Questions

Oakland, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles River Associates in October 2011.

Interview Details – First two analysts asked me questions about my resume: explain to me what you did here, what kind of research project did you do, what kind of functions do you know in Stata, etc.

Then they brought me to an associate who began asking me technical questions:
He asked me to find the equilibrium point on a supply and demand graph;
then he asked me a bunch of economics questions:
a labor supply shift;
a change in the elasticity of supply;
finding the deadweight loss;
what does a vertical axis in logarithm mean;
what is a CPI;
if x increases by blah % and prices increase by blah % then how much has the price of x increased;
And there were some others

Overall I thought it was pretty hard by the end, make sure your macro and micro are up to speed.

Interview Question – find the deadweight loss   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Charles River Associates

Worked for Charles River Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Charles River Associates – Why Work for Us?

Expertise Litigation, Regulatory & Financial Consulting Antitrust & Competition Economics, Damages, Energy & Environment, Financial Accounting & Valuation, Financial Economics, Financial Markets, Forensic Services… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charles River Associates Analyst interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Charles River Associates employees and interview candidates.