Charles River Development Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Sep 22, 2014

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Recruiter matched me with different teams. I have both java and .net background. I initially phone screen with a java team who gave me good feedback but then they were closed to picking somebody else so the recruiter set me up with another team to do another phone screen. Then I got invited to an on-site where i was there from 9:30am to 2pm. Met with 5 people and then had to do an analytical test. The people were friendly and I really had a good experience meeting them.

The recruiter said the team lead had narrowed down 10+ candidates down to me and another candidate. She kept delaying on giving me a decision. My guess is they already gave this other guy an offer and waiting for his decision. In the meantime, i have moved on and took another job.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of design pattern questions. Some .NET questions that required memorization.   Answer Question

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charles River Development in July 2014.

Initial communications with the recruiter were fairly standard and led to an in-person interview a few days later. The interview format consisted of 1:1 meetings with various people on the team. Some of the meeting were more conversational and others consisted of standard interview questions (e.g., describe how you overcame a challenge). I also had to provide a writing sample and complete a logic test.

What I did not like –

Interview seemed somewhat disorganized and I was left unattended for long periods of time during the interview.

The interview went from early morning to mid-afternoon and I was not offered any food (I was offered a beverage though). I’m not sure if this was some type of endurance test or just a complete oversight. Either way, it left a very sour taste in my mouth.

One of the individuals I interviewed with was rather candid with me (which I appreciated) about the company culture, management, and long work hours.

Conclusion –

I think Charles River Development could be a great opportunity for the right person. I was rather excited going into the interview, but at the conclusion I knew it was not for me. There were just too many red flags and I couldn’t see having a long-term career there.

Fix Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in May 2014.

Totally 4 rounds of interview was taken for this position which includes 2 senior members, 1 manager and 1 written on Analytical and paragraph writing.
    Interviewers are mostly concentrating on my previous projects experience and willingness on open position.
    Once I cleared all the above, they arranged an Telephonic round with VP.
    I appreciate their Recruiter and Interview process is quiet fast as per my request.

Would Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Phone screen followed by a full day of interviews, an an extemporaneous writing sample

Interview Questions
    • You are often asked to rate your own skill level in key areas   View Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

The hiring process was pretty easy going I liked the recruiter a lot. The interview was a couple hours and started with a logic test as you might see in a college math logic class. Then There were 4 or 5 separate 1 on 1 interviews with different levels of employees: developers, team leads, and a director

Interview Questions
    • Some of the technical questions were tough for my lacking of expertise but not particularly difficult. Data structure questions, object oriented focused questions, etc.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in October 2013.

I have previous experience working with CRD, and decided to reach out and apply for the IM position. After extensive discussion with the recruiter, and an in person interview with 4 employees - I felt they had the opportunity to get to know me very well as a person/potential employee. I was able to ask adequate questions, and was satisfied with the process.

Interview Questions
    • Since you are speaking with members of the team that are above your level coming in, they truly test every strength and weakness. By far the most difficult was the analytical test at the end of the interview.   Answer Question

RM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Be prepared to discuss Capital Markets, past clients, and somehow elaborate how you're technical, because the CEO only wants techy folks these days.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in March 2013.

Very quick and organized processes

Interview Questions
    • solving technical questions on the board, but mostly it is practical questions which is must known   Answer Question

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charles River Development in March 2013.

Pretty standard interview process with one round of interviews including an exam.

Offer was put on the table with no negotiating available and accepted the offer regardless.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in January 2013.

First phone interview. Then on site. 4 interviews, 1 analytic test and 1 writing test.
    HR was efficient and friendly, the interviews were arranged in an effective and convenient form. The interviews were conducted in a casual manner, which were mixed with technical and behavioral questions. The interviewers are nice but a bit unprofessional. Just one of them remembered to bring a business card.