Charles River Development Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jun 14, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Spoke to them at a campus event. They got back to me within a few days of speaking to them. Interview process was of one on campus interview at their headquarters. About a 2-3 hour long process, but fairly straight forward. Data structures, algorithms, linked lists were some of the topics. Also spend a portion going over my resume. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a brief 15 minutes interview and then a logic test followed. The interview was mostly the interviewer talking about the position and describing what qualities they are looking for. The logic test was 20 multiple choice questions on two different cases with different scenarios and limitations.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

1 general phone interview, 1 technical phone interview, 1 onsite interview that consisted of two technical interview. The recruiter and the interviewers were very nice. The questions were not too hard.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

One of the most bizarre places I've ever interviewed with. Came in the day of the interview, 2 of the 5 ppl I was supposed to meet weren't available. Met with the other 3, it went well. Every interviewee is given an analytics test (several logic questions/puzzles, taking an hour), and have to draft a 1-page writing sample. More than one of the interviewers commented on the eccentricity of the CEO, and I gather these tests are his brainchild. Are they really not going to hire someone that struggles with logic puzzles, but can otherwise excel at the position? Had a follow up call with the 2 ppl that were unavailable the day of the interview, both asked questions and for examples that were unrelated to the job responsibilities... very off-putting.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Recruiter matched me with different teams. I have both java and .net background. I initially phone screen with a java team who gave me good feedback but then they were closed to picking somebody else so the recruiter set me up with another team to do another phone screen. Then I got invited to an on-site where i was there from 9:30am to 2pm. Met with 5 people and then had to do an analytical test. The people were friendly and I really had a good experience meeting them.

The recruiter said the team lead had narrowed down 10+ candidates down to me and another candidate. She kept delaying on giving me a decision. My guess is they already gave this other guy an offer and waiting for his decision. In the meantime, i have moved on and took another job.

Interview Questions

• Lots of design pattern questions. Some .NET questions that required memorization.   Answer Question

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial communications with the recruiter were fairly standard and led to an in-person interview a few days later. The interview format consisted of 1:1 meetings with various people on the team. Some of the meeting were more conversational and others consisted of standard interview questions (e.g., describe how you overcame a challenge). I also had to provide a writing sample and complete a logic test.

What I did not like –

Interview seemed somewhat disorganized and I was left unattended for long periods of time during the interview.

The interview went from early morning to mid-afternoon and I was not offered any food (I was offered a beverage though). I’m not sure if this was some type of endurance test or just a complete oversight. Either way, it left a very sour taste in my mouth.

One of the individuals I interviewed with was rather candid with me (which I appreciated) about the company culture, management, and long work hours.

Conclusion –

I think Charles River Development could be a great opportunity for the right person. I was rather excited going into the interview, but at the conclusion I knew it was not for me. There were just too many red flags and I couldn’t see having a long-term career there.

Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of multiple rounds, preceded by 2 phone screens. After the phone screens, there were logic questions and then meetings with the manager, peers, and the manager's manager. They asked a wide variety of questions to test analytical skills, customer service experience, and your fit with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to answer to a dissatisfied customer in a previous role?   Answer Question

Fix Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Totally 4 rounds of interview was taken for this position which includes 2 senior members, 1 manager and 1 written on Analytical and paragraph writing.
    Interviewers are mostly concentrating on my previous projects experience and willingness on open position.
    Once I cleared all the above, they arranged an Telephonic round with VP.
    I appreciate their Recruiter and Interview process is quiet fast as per my request.

Would Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Phone screen followed by a full day of interviews, an an extemporaneous writing sample

Interview Questions

• You are often asked to rate your own skill level in key areas   1 Answer

Software Developer Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Initial call with HR and then one on one interview at their office which lasted for three hours. initial aptitude test. And then two technical rounds which is fine. And a HR interview mostly about your experiences in technical field.