Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Spoke to them at a campus event. They got back to me within a few days of speaking to them. Interview process was of one on campus interview at their headquarters. About a 2-3 hour long process, but fairly straight forward. Data structures, algorithms, linked lists were some of the topics. Also spend a portion going over my resume. Nothing unexpected.

I did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Charles River Development.

The worst interview experience I had in my life. I am a student at a liberal arts college, and I talked to the recruiter at a career fair at a state university within the consortium. The recruiter took a look at my resume, took it back and emailed me the next day asking me if I can do an onsite interview and I said yes. And the next day she called me and asked if I have ever taken a class outside of my college, so I told her my study abroad experience and she said she would send me a confirmation letter very soon. I waited till the day before my onsite interview to get her reply as:" Our intern program primarily focuses on top 100 computer science schools... After discussing with our director of engineering we will be unable to continue the interview process with you." I felt terrible about myself after getting this email because I had to stay up for several days so that I could get my things done to commute to the company the next day. My school has a growing computer science department, it is small but people here are smart and they get into really awesome big tech companies. I would have been very depressed if I did not get accepted by a big company on the same day.

Summer Software Engineer Interview

Talked to them at a University Career Fair and got an email setting up an interview soon after. They did not call when the interview was scheduled so we had to reschedule for the next week. Asked mostly about the resume. What classes I've taken, and what I have learned in them. The person I spoke to didn't sound too friendly, but loosened up towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Two simple questions about Java were asked: What is polymorphism? And what is unique about Sets in Java?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in February 2015.

1 general phone interview, 1 technical phone interview, 1 onsite interview that consisted of two technical interview. The recruiter and the interviewers were very nice. The questions were not too hard.

Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Charles River Development.

Previous work ex, some basic financial industry based questions. 2 phone interviews followed by on site interviews. You also need to give a basic IQ test when on site. The interviews most of the time revolve around prior experience and how you'd contribute to CRD

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Charles River Development.

One of the most bizarre places I've ever interviewed with. Came in the day of the interview, 2 of the 5 ppl I was supposed to meet weren't available. Met with the other 3, it went well. Every interviewee is given an analytics test (several logic questions/puzzles, taking an hour), and have to draft a 1-page writing sample. More than one of the interviewers commented on the eccentricity of the CEO, and I gather these tests are his brainchild. Are they really not going to hire someone that struggles with logic puzzles, but can otherwise excel at the position? Had a follow up call with the 2 ppl that were unavailable the day of the interview, both asked questions and for examples that were unrelated to the job responsibilities... very off-putting.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Flew me to company in Burlington for three rounds of interviews; spoke with 3 different interviewers including head of engineering department; one interview was over lunch; basically talked with team leads as well as other software developers.

Interview Questions
    • Actually asked a couple of financial question out of curiosity.
      Also asked me standard merge sort, object oriented questions.

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Its pretty straightforward. Had a phone interview where its focused more on knowing more about the company and sharing your interests.

On site interview includes mostly behavioral questions with one or two technical questions based on the position you are interviewing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Hiring process was through staffing company.
    One telephonic interview followed by analytical test and in person interviews at CRD headquarter in Burlington, MA.
    Interview process was not aligned as defined by recruiter.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Recruiter matched me with different teams. I have both java and .net background. I initially phone screen with a java team who gave me good feedback but then they were closed to picking somebody else so the recruiter set me up with another team to do another phone screen. Then I got invited to an on-site where i was there from 9:30am to 2pm. Met with 5 people and then had to do an analytical test. The people were friendly and I really had a good experience meeting them.

The recruiter said the team lead had narrowed down 10+ candidates down to me and another candidate. She kept delaying on giving me a decision. My guess is they already gave this other guy an offer and waiting for his decision. In the meantime, i have moved on and took another job.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of design pattern questions. Some .NET questions that required memorization.   Answer Question