Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

First had a call with HR for profile overview. Second was telephonic round. Clearing the telephonic round I was called in for the onsite interview. It was a whole day interview. 5 different person took 5 round, followed by the quantitative test and writing exercise. After few days I received an email from HR saying that I have been selected and they would like to make an offer to me. They took all my visa related details along with the professional references and package discussion. After one week they told me senior management declined to give final sign off on the offer. I felt like my whole effort was wasted. This was very disappointing. This was personally very bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Database : portfolio of one person is to be modelled on another model person's portfolio.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

The interview process was split into several steps. First was the phone screening, then onsite 4-5-6 hrs interview that included discussions with team members followed by a comprehensive logic test that everyone takes no matter of the applied position (e.g. IT, development, management, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Typical software engineering questions regarding technologies used, OOP and programming languages, agile methodology and so on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Spoke to them at a campus event. They got back to me within a few days of speaking to them. Interview process was of one on campus interview at their headquarters. About a 2-3 hour long process, but fairly straight forward. Data structures, algorithms, linked lists were some of the topics. Also spend a portion going over my resume. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

1 general phone interview, 1 technical phone interview, 1 onsite interview that consisted of two technical interview. The recruiter and the interviewers were very nice. The questions were not too hard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

Previous work ex, some basic financial industry based questions. 2 phone interviews followed by on site interviews. You also need to give a basic IQ test when on site. The interviews most of the time revolve around prior experience and how you'd contribute to CRD

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

One of the most bizarre places I've ever interviewed with. Came in the day of the interview, 2 of the 5 ppl I was supposed to meet weren't available. Met with the other 3, it went well. Every interviewee is given an analytics test (several logic questions/puzzles, taking an hour), and have to draft a 1-page writing sample. More than one of the interviewers commented on the eccentricity of the CEO, and I gather these tests are his brainchild. Are they really not going to hire someone that struggles with logic puzzles, but can otherwise excel at the position? Had a follow up call with the 2 ppl that were unavailable the day of the interview, both asked questions and for examples that were unrelated to the job responsibilities... very off-putting.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

Flew me to company in Burlington for three rounds of interviews; spoke with 3 different interviewers including head of engineering department; one interview was over lunch; basically talked with team leads as well as other software developers.

Interview Questions

• Actually asked a couple of financial question out of curiosity. Also asked me standard merge sort, object oriented questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Its pretty straightforward. Had a phone interview where its focused more on knowing more about the company and sharing your interests. On site interview includes mostly behavioral questions with one or two technical questions based on the position you are interviewing.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview was followed by in person interview, analytical test and reference check. The interview process was quick except that the recruiter whom I interacted never even cared to explain about the benefits, company etc and was just simply rude.

Interview Questions

• One of the person who interviewed was very critical of the company policies especially the 9 hr a day and no work from home policy. This was very uncomfortable as well as surprising especially during the interview process.   1 Answer

Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of multiple rounds, preceded by 2 phone screens. After the phone screens, there were logic questions and then meetings with the manager, peers, and the manager's manager. They asked a wide variety of questions to test analytical skills, customer service experience, and your fit with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to answer to a dissatisfied customer in a previous role?   Answer Question