Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

RM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Interview

Be prepared to discuss Capital Markets, past clients, and somehow elaborate how you're technical, because the CEO only wants techy folks these days.

Implementation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

Strong focus on financial services industry knowledg and experience. A similar focus on project management, business analysis, and communication skills - you must be excellent in all three to have any chance.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through specificv examples of a project you have managed in the financial services industry   Answer Question

Negotiation

Reaspnable - they communicate and make decisions quickly

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Its pretty straightforward. Had a phone interview where its focused more on knowing more about the company and sharing your interests.

On site interview includes mostly behavioral questions with one or two technical questions based on the position you are interviewing.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

The worst interview experience I had in my life. I am a student at a liberal arts college, and I talked to the recruiter at a career fair at a state university within the consortium. The recruiter took a look at my resume, took it back and emailed me the next day asking me if I can do an onsite interview and I said yes. And the next day she called me and asked if I have ever taken a class outside of my college, so I told her my study abroad experience and she said she would send me a confirmation letter very soon. I waited till the day before my onsite interview to get her reply as:" Our intern program primarily focuses on top 100 computer science schools... After discussing with our director of engineering we will be unable to continue the interview process with you." I felt terrible about myself after getting this email because I had to stay up for several days so that I could get my things done to commute to the company the next day. My school has a growing computer science department, it is small but people here are smart and they get into really awesome big tech companies. I would have been very depressed if I did not get accepted by a big company on the same day.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

Previous work ex, some basic financial industry based questions. 2 phone interviews followed by on site interviews. You also need to give a basic IQ test when on site. The interviews most of the time revolve around prior experience and how you'd contribute to CRD

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process with one round of interviews including an exam.

Negotiation

Offer was put on the table with no negotiating available and accepted the offer regardless.

Implmentation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in May 2009.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about an opportunity in Brazil. The initial conversation was throught email and chat, then got an phone interview. In the meanwhile, the recruiter just vanished! Extremelly unprofessional and rude! It was really a shame. I won't never give attention to these guys!

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in March 2010.

Interview

As it was an interview for an internship, the process was fairly easy. No difficult questions, just talked about the resume.

Development Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter who setup interviews with too many people all asking the same standard generic and technical questions without any idea of what I was being considered/hired for. Either way I was asked to describe my logic when writing code for a hypothetical feature. The entire process was poorly managed with a focus on quantity vs quality. Never heard back from the recruiter after all the interviews. No feedback or closure. Very unprofessional. I believe that the recruiting style reflects the company's culture and what you will experience after you join the company. In this case a poor recruiting style was a red flag I couldn't ignore. Don't waste your time taking calls from Charles River. I sense the company is in bad shape as evidenced by the recruiting process and all the interviewers who by the way seemed pretty bored with their day jobs. Plus, all the negative employee reviews seem to be more or less spot on based on my interaction with the technical team there.

Interview Questions

Unprofessional and rigid company culture.

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in September 2011.

Interview

The process consisted of 2 phone interviews, one with HR and one with a CS manager, and a day long onsite panel interview. The experience matches what others described here, including the absence of a conclusion. I never heard from them.

In hindsight I should have considered CRD's reputation and not have wasted my time and efforts.

Interview Questions

• One difficult aspect ,though not a question , was the lack of engagement and disinterest on the part of two panel interviewers, both senior staff members. They conveyed that the session was a waste of their time.   1 Answer