Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

RM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Be prepared to discuss Capital Markets, past clients, and somehow elaborate how you're technical, because the CEO only wants techy folks these days.

Implementation Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Charles River Development.

Strong focus on financial services industry knowledg and experience. A similar focus on project management, business analysis, and communication skills - you must be excellent in all three to have any chance.

Interview Questions
    • Talk me through specificv examples of a project you have managed in the financial services industry   Answer Question
    Reaspnable - they communicate and make decisions quickly

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2013.

Pretty standard interview process with one round of interviews including an exam.

Offer was put on the table with no negotiating available and accepted the offer regardless.

Implmentation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles River Development in May 2009.

I was contacted by a recruiter about an opportunity in Brazil. The initial conversation was throught email and chat, then got an phone interview. In the meanwhile, the recruiter just vanished! Extremelly unprofessional and rude! It was really a shame. I won't never give attention to these guys!

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2010.

As it was an interview for an internship, the process was fairly easy. No difficult questions, just talked about the resume.

Development Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in April 2009.

Contacted by the recruiter who setup interviews with too many people all asking the same standard generic and technical questions without any idea of what I was being considered/hired for. Either way I was asked to describe my logic when writing code for a hypothetical feature. The entire process was poorly managed with a focus on quantity vs quality. Never heard back from the recruiter after all the interviews. No feedback or closure. Very unprofessional. I believe that the recruiting style reflects the company's culture and what you will experience after you join the company. In this case a poor recruiting style was a red flag I couldn't ignore. Don't waste your time taking calls from Charles River. I sense the company is in bad shape as evidenced by the recruiting process and all the interviewers who by the way seemed pretty bored with their day jobs. Plus, all the negative employee reviews seem to be more or less spot on based on my interaction with the technical team there.

Interview Questions

Unprofessional and rigid company culture.

Client Services Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in September 2011.

The process consisted of 2 phone interviews, one with HR and one with a CS manager, and a day long onsite panel interview. The experience matches what others described here, including the absence of a conclusion. I never heard from them.

In hindsight I should have considered CRD's reputation and not have wasted my time and efforts.

Interview Questions
    • One difficult aspect ,though not a question , was the lack of engagement and disinterest on the part of two panel interviewers, both senior staff members. They conveyed that the session was a waste of their time.   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2011.

The interview process was a bit over the place. On the day of the onsite interview, they did not have a room I could interview in and they had me moving all around the office. However, interviewers were good.

They called me the next week and extended me the offer. Two weeks after that, they just called and withdrew the offer which was extremely surprising. The reason given me to was that they had found someone else.

They are a mid sized company but behaved in an extremely unprofessional and an unethical manner.

Fix Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in May 2014.

Totally 4 rounds of interview was taken for this position which includes 2 senior members, 1 manager and 1 written on Analytical and paragraph writing.
    Interviewers are mostly concentrating on my previous projects experience and willingness on open position.
    Once I cleared all the above, they arranged an Telephonic round with VP.
    I appreciate their Recruiter and Interview process is quiet fast as per my request.

Engineer Interview

Phone interview was followed by in person interview, analytical test and reference check. The interview process was quick except that the recruiter whom I interacted never even cared to explain about the benefits, company etc and was just simply rude.

Interview Questions
    • One of the person who interviewed was very critical of the company policies especially the 9 hr a day and no work from home policy. This was very uncomfortable as well as surprising especially during the interview process.   View Answer

Worked for Charles River Development? Contribute to the Community!