Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Charles River Development in January 2012.

Interview

Generic, met with the hiring manager. Asked about my experiences, and showcase how you can add value. Hiring manager gave preview of the job, and what it entails and listed out all the challenges associated with the position. Second interview was with the Director, similar approach was given an overview of career growth. Questions were typically geared towards problem solving, and your perception of the requirement of a consultant.

FIX Network Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Charles River Development (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was an analytic reasoning test taken from the LSAT set of tests. The test consists of 4 questions which have their own subset relating to the individual situation given. You have an hour to complete the test. You are required to show your workings.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. The first process is a test. You will not finish all the questions but do not guess. Its important to get the ones you attempt correct and show your working.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charles River Development (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a brief 15 minutes interview and then a logic test followed. The interview was mostly the interviewer talking about the position and describing what qualities they are looking for. The logic test was 20 multiple choice questions on two different cases with different scenarios and limitations.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Spoke to them at a campus event. They got back to me within a few days of speaking to them. Interview process was of one on campus interview at their headquarters. About a 2-3 hour long process, but fairly straight forward. Data structures, algorithms, linked lists were some of the topics. Also spend a portion going over my resume. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

The worst interview experience I had in my life. I am a student at a liberal arts college, and I talked to the recruiter at a career fair at a state university within the consortium. The recruiter took a look at my resume, took it back and emailed me the next day asking me if I can do an onsite interview and I said yes. And the next day she called me and asked if I have ever taken a class outside of my college, so I told her my study abroad experience and she said she would send me a confirmation letter very soon. I waited till the day before my onsite interview to get her reply as:" Our intern program primarily focuses on top 100 computer science schools... After discussing with our director of engineering we will be unable to continue the interview process with you." I felt terrible about myself after getting this email because I had to stay up for several days so that I could get my things done to commute to the company the next day. My school has a growing computer science department, it is small but people here are smart and they get into really awesome big tech companies. I would have been very depressed if I did not get accepted by a big company on the same day.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

1 general phone interview, 1 technical phone interview, 1 onsite interview that consisted of two technical interview. The recruiter and the interviewers were very nice. The questions were not too hard.

Application

Interview

Talked to them at a University Career Fair and got an email setting up an interview soon after. They did not call when the interview was scheduled so we had to reschedule for the next week. Asked mostly about the resume. What classes I've taken, and what I have learned in them. The person I spoke to didn't sound too friendly, but loosened up towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Two simple questions about Java were asked: What is polymorphism? And what is unique about Sets in Java?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview

Previous work ex, some basic financial industry based questions. 2 phone interviews followed by on site interviews. You also need to give a basic IQ test when on site. The interviews most of the time revolve around prior experience and how you'd contribute to CRD

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Charles River Development (Burlington, MA).

Interview

One of the most bizarre places I've ever interviewed with. Came in the day of the interview, 2 of the 5 ppl I was supposed to meet weren't available. Met with the other 3, it went well. Every interviewee is given an analytics test (several logic questions/puzzles, taking an hour), and have to draft a 1-page writing sample. More than one of the interviewers commented on the eccentricity of the CEO, and I gather these tests are his brainchild. Are they really not going to hire someone that struggles with logic puzzles, but can otherwise excel at the position? Had a follow up call with the 2 ppl that were unavailable the day of the interview, both asked questions and for examples that were unrelated to the job responsibilities... very off-putting.

Interview Questions

Application

interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2014.

Interview

It had 3 Rounds along with a logical aptitude test.
    The first round was basic design patterns and structure of applications.
    The second round was super technical, the interviewer asked me to roughly code a ds and db with time and space constraint. The last one was behavioral.

Interview Questions

• The Technical question to design people's financial transactions.   Answer Question