Charles River Development

Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Summer Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Charles River Development.

Talked to them at a University Career Fair and got an email setting up an interview soon after. They did not call when the interview was scheduled so we had to reschedule for the next week. Asked mostly about the resume. What classes I've taken, and what I have learned in them. The person I spoke to didn't sound too friendly, but loosened up towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Two simple questions about Java were asked: What is polymorphism? And what is unique about Sets in Java?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Charles River Development.

Previous work ex, some basic financial industry based questions. 2 phone interviews followed by on site interviews. You also need to give a basic IQ test when on site. The interviews most of the time revolve around prior experience and how you'd contribute to CRD

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Charles River Development.

One of the most bizarre places I've ever interviewed with. Came in the day of the interview, 2 of the 5 ppl I was supposed to meet weren't available. Met with the other 3, it went well. Every interviewee is given an analytics test (several logic questions/puzzles, taking an hour), and have to draft a 1-page writing sample. More than one of the interviewers commented on the eccentricity of the CEO, and I gather these tests are his brainchild. Are they really not going to hire someone that struggles with logic puzzles, but can otherwise excel at the position? Had a follow up call with the 2 ppl that were unavailable the day of the interview, both asked questions and for examples that were unrelated to the job responsibilities... very off-putting.

Software Engineer (Java Developer) Interview

interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2014.

It had 3 Rounds along with a logical aptitude test.
    The first round was basic design patterns and structure of applications.
    The second round was super technical, the interviewer asked me to roughly code a ds and db with time and space constraint. The last one was behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • The Technical question to design people's financial transactions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in December 2013.

Applied online. Initial call with HR and then one on one interview at their office which lasted for three hours. initial aptitude test. And then two technical rounds which is fine. And a HR interview mostly about your experiences in technical field.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Flew me to company in Burlington for three rounds of interviews; spoke with 3 different interviewers including head of engineering department; one interview was over lunch; basically talked with team leads as well as other software developers.

Interview Questions
    • Actually asked a couple of financial question out of curiosity.
      Also asked me standard merge sort, object oriented questions.

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Its pretty straightforward. Had a phone interview where its focused more on knowing more about the company and sharing your interests.

On site interview includes mostly behavioral questions with one or two technical questions based on the position you are interviewing.

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charles River Development in July 2014.

Initial communications with the recruiter were fairly standard and led to an in-person interview a few days later. The interview format consisted of 1:1 meetings with various people on the team. Some of the meeting were more conversational and others consisted of standard interview questions (e.g., describe how you overcame a challenge). I also had to provide a writing sample and complete a logic test.

What I did not like –

Interview seemed somewhat disorganized and I was left unattended for long periods of time during the interview.

The interview went from early morning to mid-afternoon and I was not offered any food (I was offered a beverage though). I’m not sure if this was some type of endurance test or just a complete oversight. Either way, it left a very sour taste in my mouth.

One of the individuals I interviewed with was rather candid with me (which I appreciated) about the company culture, management, and long work hours.

Conclusion –

I think Charles River Development could be a great opportunity for the right person. I was rather excited going into the interview, but at the conclusion I knew it was not for me. There were just too many red flags and I couldn’t see having a long-term career there.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Hiring process was through staffing company.
    One telephonic interview followed by analytical test and in person interviews at CRD headquarter in Burlington, MA.
    Interview process was not aligned as defined by recruiter.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Recruiter matched me with different teams. I have both java and .net background. I initially phone screen with a java team who gave me good feedback but then they were closed to picking somebody else so the recruiter set me up with another team to do another phone screen. Then I got invited to an on-site where i was there from 9:30am to 2pm. Met with 5 people and then had to do an analytical test. The people were friendly and I really had a good experience meeting them.

The recruiter said the team lead had narrowed down 10+ candidates down to me and another candidate. She kept delaying on giving me a decision. My guess is they already gave this other guy an offer and waiting for his decision. In the meantime, i have moved on and took another job.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of design pattern questions. Some .NET questions that required memorization.   Answer Question