Charles River Development Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2015
Updated Mar 15, 2015

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Charles River Development in July 2014.

Initial communications with the recruiter were fairly standard and led to an in-person interview a few days later. The interview format consisted of 1:1 meetings with various people on the team. Some of the meeting were more conversational and others consisted of standard interview questions (e.g., describe how you overcame a challenge). I also had to provide a writing sample and complete a logic test.

What I did not like –

Interview seemed somewhat disorganized and I was left unattended for long periods of time during the interview.

The interview went from early morning to mid-afternoon and I was not offered any food (I was offered a beverage though). I’m not sure if this was some type of endurance test or just a complete oversight. Either way, it left a very sour taste in my mouth.

One of the individuals I interviewed with was rather candid with me (which I appreciated) about the company culture, management, and long work hours.

Conclusion –

I think Charles River Development could be a great opportunity for the right person. I was rather excited going into the interview, but at the conclusion I knew it was not for me. There were just too many red flags and I couldn’t see having a long-term career there.

Fix Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in May 2014.

Totally 4 rounds of interview was taken for this position which includes 2 senior members, 1 manager and 1 written on Analytical and paragraph writing.
    Interviewers are mostly concentrating on my previous projects experience and willingness on open position.
    Once I cleared all the above, they arranged an Telephonic round with VP.
    I appreciate their Recruiter and Interview process is quiet fast as per my request.

Implementation Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Strong focus on financial services industry knowledg and experience. A similar focus on project management, business analysis, and communication skills - you must be excellent in all three to have any chance.

Interview Questions
    • Talk me through specificv examples of a project you have managed in the financial services industry   Answer Question
    Reaspnable - they communicate and make decisions quickly

Would Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Charles River Development.

Phone screen followed by a full day of interviews, an an extemporaneous writing sample

Interview Questions
    • You are often asked to rate your own skill level in key areas   View Answer

Software Engineer (Java Developer) Interview

interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2014.

It had 3 Rounds along with a logical aptitude test.
    The first round was basic design patterns and structure of applications.
    The second round was super technical, the interviewer asked me to roughly code a ds and db with time and space constraint. The last one was behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • The Technical question to design people's financial transactions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Co Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in December 2013.

Applied online. Initial call with HR and then one on one interview at their office which lasted for three hours. initial aptitude test. And then two technical rounds which is fine. And a HR interview mostly about your experiences in technical field.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

The hiring process was pretty easy going I liked the recruiter a lot. The interview was a couple hours and started with a logic test as you might see in a college math logic class. Then There were 4 or 5 separate 1 on 1 interviews with different levels of employees: developers, team leads, and a director

Interview Questions
    • Some of the technical questions were tough for my lacking of expertise but not particularly difficult. Data structure questions, object oriented focused questions, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in November 2013.

I reached the recruiter in CRD, and she matched me between teams. I got a phone screen with the team leader and we talked a lot about my previous experience. Then the leader asked me questions in the middle about the knowledge I used.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Charles River Development in October 2013.

I have previous experience working with CRD, and decided to reach out and apply for the IM position. After extensive discussion with the recruiter, and an in person interview with 4 employees - I felt they had the opportunity to get to know me very well as a person/potential employee. I was able to ask adequate questions, and was satisfied with the process.

Interview Questions
    • Since you are speaking with members of the team that are above your level coming in, they truly test every strength and weakness. By far the most difficult was the analytical test at the end of the interview.   Answer Question

RM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Be prepared to discuss Capital Markets, past clients, and somehow elaborate how you're technical, because the CEO only wants techy folks these days.