Charles River Development

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very quick and organized processes

Interview Question – solving technical questions on the board, but mostly it is practical questions which is must known   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in January 2013.

Interview Details – First phone interview. Then on site. 4 interviews, 1 analytic test and 1 writing test.
HR was efficient and friendly, the interviews were arranged in an effective and convenient form. The interviews were conducted in a casual manner, which were mixed with technical and behavioral questions. The interviewers are nice but a bit unprofessional. Just one of them remembered to bring a business card.

Interview Question – what's your weakness?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2012.

Interview Details – I contacted a corporate recruiter at CRD through LinkedIn. After the initial conversation she was able to quickly set up a phone screening with a software engineer the group I was applying to. The phone screening questions were tough but relevant to the job description.

After the phone screening CRD set up an interview in their offices with several other software engineers and managers. A lot of technical (software related) and a few statistics questions. Logical reasoning test at the end. All of the people I interacted with (HR, engineers, managers) were very nice and friendly.

Interview Question – Statistics questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – My company went out of business very suddenly and I panicked a bit and submitted my resume to way too many companies. At some point had three offers. Decided to choose another company based on my long term career goals and skill set being better aligned with the other position but CRD's offer and benefits were very competitive. Would definitely consider the company in my next job search.

Manager Interview

Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development.

Interview Details – several phone screens, then in person interview with hiring manager, and then a follow up session with senior mgmt who make extra effort to discourage one from joining the firm. There is fine line between vetting and discouraging but i suspect Charles River crosses it often. One of their MD was completely unprofessional.

Interview Question – several scenario questions...."what would you do if ...happens"
based on the questions, it seemed as if the firm has issues with its clients otherwise they should be at Harvard providing case study examples. Something is clearly worng at this place.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – got the sense that they are full of themselves, and sr mgmt leadership was weak. Other mgmrs strong but with weak mgmt (MD level), can't imagine they have a bright future.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interviewing procedure - pre-screen with HR and then on to interview with hiring manager and her staff at the time. Everyone reporting to and including the hiring manager were pleasant and professional. A second interview with the hiring manager's manager turned me off with overtly rude behavior and questions.

Interview Question – Standard experience questions around software and other experience   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Obnoxious, "lifetime employee" senior management with no actual managerial skills and a culture that to me seemed all about squeezing as much as possible out of you. The offer was obscenely low ball for the standard amount of hours they want their employees there (It's more than 40 per week - it's actually their policy and they are very clear about it.)

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Software Engineer Co-Op
Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2012.

Interview Details – HR contacted me offering me the interview after reviewing my resume. I met with 3 people, the Principle Software Engineer, the Technical Team Lead, and the Director of Engineering. The first person asked me many technical questions about c#, Java, and SQL database stuff. The other two were mostly behavioral. In the end, they had me take a 13 question analytical test (read a paragraph, answer questions). They were very hospitable and constantly checked in if I needed to use the bathroom or get a drink. Everything took about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is a delegate? What is a method pointer? Given these two tables, design an inner join on columns A and B, etc... Given this certain card game in Java, what are the objects that will be needed?   Answer Question
  • What is the hardest problem you had to solve in the past year? Describe your ideal job.   Answer Question

Co-Op Software Engineer Interview

Co-Op Software Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in March 2011.

Interview Details – For co-op,
total 4 interviews - one on one.

Each person asked about resume and work ex.
1 - behavioral
2 -technical
3 -technical
4 -technical

Interview Question – OPPS, Java concepts, Collections, Threads, Recursion programs, etc   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in January 2009.

Interview Details – Standard phone screen questions on the phone such as understanding of Java collections, OOD/OOP.
More detailed questions on the interview. Mostly along the same lines. Written database knowledge test. (If you know how to write inner and outer joins, you'll be fine) plus English language test for non-native speakers (easy).

Interview Question – This isn't really the most difficult question
i've ever heard but...

Say you have the following classes

class A
{ public String doIt() { return "A"; } }

class B extends A
{ public String doIt() { return "B"; } }

class C
{ public static String doIt() { return "C"; } }

class D extends C
{ public static String doIt() { return "D"; } }

Now consider the following code snippet

A b = new B();
String s1 = b.doIt();
C d = new D();
String s2 = d.doIt();

What will be the values of s1 and s2?
  View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was a bit over the place. On the day of the onsite interview, they did not have a room I could interview in and they had me moving all around the office. However, interviewers were good.

They called me the next week and extended me the offer. Two weeks after that, they just called and withdrew the offer which was extremely surprising. The reason given me to was that they had found someone else.

They are a mid sized company but behaved in an extremely unprofessional and an unethical manner.

Interview Question – Writing Test, Analytics Test and rest was behavioral   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Charles River Development in January 2011.

Interview Details – Logical test follwd by a Common intw session